Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Winter Freeze

Race Updates on Twitter- @ChristianDundee

Headin' to Screven Motor Speedway now!!!! R**n stay away!
    Gill T. Azell

No problem whatsoever! The weather percentages forced me to make the decision not to chance it and since I didn't go, the racing will take place as if it was the middle of July! Enjoy!!!!!

Same here. If I went, it would have rained the entire drive and they would cancel the second I sit in the stands. I stay home and they have great weather.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

Same here, National Weather Service, WTOC, and The Weather Channel all said rain for tonight.

But since I didn't go, it'll probably end up being the best night in the history of Screven Speedway.
    Last edited by Slideways; 02-03-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

Angry

Radar not lookin good.

Yeah...the real stuff is almost there...its a shame...they may not be able to outrun it now...hope they do for all the ones who took a chance...

Just got home from there. Raining like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    Just got home from there. Raining like crazy.
    Yep, rained on us the whole 2 1/2 hour trip home. Thanks to everyone who donated in Leebo's name for the fast time award and to Kelley Carlton for the nice tribute stickers.
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

Sorry the mains got rained-out. I know the Screven staff done all they could to make it happen. It was shaping-up to be a great A-main. I have a question: Both A-mains were going to pay $10K to the winner, whenever a show gets rained-out & there is no A-main and no plan for a make-up date, what happens, who gets paid or how are the drivers/teams compensated or are they compensated? just wondering!
    I know you're fast, because you were hauling azz when I passed you!

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Sorry the mains got rained-out. I know the Screven staff done all they could to make it happen. It was shaping-up to be a great A-main. I have a question: Both A-mains were going to pay $10K to the winner, whenever a show gets rained-out & there is no A-main and no plan for a make-up date, what happens, who gets paid or how are the drivers/teams compensated or are they compensated? just wondering!
    For the Winter Freeze event we will make it up on November 2, 2011 (that is the only date we could get both the sprints and late models back to the track on the same date). The Sprint cars are all locked in based on their qualifying, heats, etc from Feb 3 - so they will be paid $10,000 to win on the rescheduled show based on the finish of the A Main that night. Then we are running a second complete sprint car show for $3,000 - that gives anyone a chance that wants to come but isn't locked into the first feature a chance to come and race as well. The late models will start over completely as no one was locked into that show and then they will race their complete show for $10,000 to win. Unfortunately since no features were complete there is no way to pay anyone at this point. They will all be paid their money on the make-up date of November 2, 2011.
    February 9 till 11, 2012 - 2nd Annual Winter Freeze

Thanks! I hope I can make it down on November 2, sounds like it will be an awesome show!
    I know you're fast, because you were hauling azz when I passed you!

They should have started earlier like I suggested, then they would have gotten it in.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    They should have started earlier like I suggested, then they would have gotten it in.
    True, but if you seen the stands and watched the traffic coming in, most of the people didn't get there until around 6-7 or so. At 5, there was hardly 100 people in the parking lot.

I don't understand how no one was locked into the late model feature when they had finished all four heat races.

The SLM field was not complete. Still had 2 b-mains left to run.