Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Winter Freeze

dang this 80% worries me... how much is the chance at night? i cant see making the 4 hr trip over with that high of a chance... ill make my decission at noon... was really looking forward to this race!

It's getting worse by the minute. It looks like Screven and GIS will be a wash.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

National Weather Service is calling for 100% chance of rain tomorrow night.

Well tomorrow is race day, I cant wait, I will be leaving work around noon to head that way. I hope that the rain holds off long enough to let Redd get this race in. I know the forecast doesnt look that good but you never know.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Anybody know if they are practicing tonight. Who all is there? thx

Quote Originally Posted by 44-19-21-39 View Post
    Anybody know if they are practicing tonight. Who all is there? thx
    This is from Facebook 2 minutes ago:

Some of the Late Models at Inaugural Winter Freeze Practice: Tim Fuller, Tim McCready, Dannie Mitchell, Tommy Kerr, Billy Ogle JR, Chesley Dixon, Clint Smith, Brian Reese, John Henderson, Casey Barrow, Steven Howard, John Lobb, Bub McCool, Josh Richards, and a few others that we have not yet seen on the track.

Here was another from earlier:

Sprint cars have been on the track for practice. Track is starting to look very smooth. The sprints are running in the mid 12 second range to mid 13 second range - unofficially. We will be timing all cars with transponders for tomorrows event and the weather is looking better - but will be cooler.

Tomorrow's forecast has actually gotten a little better:

http://www.wtoc.com/Global/category.asp?C=5468
    Last edited by dirtfan2757; 02-02-2011 at 07:43 PM.

And one more about sprints:

Some of the Sprint Cars at the track for the practice session of the Inaugural Winter Freeze: Tim Shaffer, Danny Smith, Mark Smith, Fred Rahmer, Dale Blaney, Greg Hodnett, Darynn Pittman, Tyler Walker, Bradley Greer, Cap Henry, Lance Dewease, and several others.

Unhappy Annual event

I certainly hope this becomes an annual event, I was headed your way, then on to Golden Isles, but this weather forecast has changed my mind. I will wait until Friday morning to decide about GIS. For all the people headed to Screven, I certainly hope they do get it in. With the scheduled shows and that food menu, I was hoping the weather forecast would change, but it just keeps getting worse.

weather updates please... i gotta make my mind by 1230 at the latest.... anyhelp would be greatly accepted!

Default Weather

The sun is starting poke through here at Screven Motor Speedway - Redd is preping the track now. We are going to make a go of it tonight. The weather forecast is looking better and better by the minute for the event. We look forward to seeing you all at the track for the Inaugural Winter Freeze!
    February 9 till 11, 2012 - 2nd Annual Winter Freeze

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USGA0510

70% chance of rain tonight. I hope mother nature holds out for you...
    Got DIRT!

MAN..this sucks...
    Redd put together such a great program & had Kelly & the boys coming in to run the show & duane has talked his rear off about it & now the weather doesn't cooperate...it puts fans in a bind also...many had planned to make the 3 day loop with GI so with the weather being bad tomorrow its hard to risk making the trip...with todays $3 a gallon gas it would have been nice to get basically 3 shows out of 1 gasoline "trip" ...I know redd is just looking for a 3 hour window of some kind...weather channel time line shows the low pressure in the gulf moving the moisture to the east into that area around 4pm...if your in that area & have nothing to lose give redd all the support you can...maybe they'll squeeze it in...I'm sure every effort will be made...

Was there last night track looked great. weatherbug.com says 20% chance mainly after midnight. The pits was full of haulers. Left in the middle of ice storm in Ohio Tuesday night can't wait for the race.

Its finally here, RACEDAY. Im leaving in 30 mins.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JSOTZING View Post
    Was there last night track looked great. weatherbug.com says 20% chance mainly after midnight. The pits was full of haulers. Left in the middle of ice storm in Ohio Tuesday night can't wait for the race.
    you say you was there last night about how many cars were there and who had fast time at practice.

This is from Screvens facebook page.

Some of the Late Models at Inaugural Winter Freeze Practice: Tim Fuller, Tim McCreadie, Dannie Mitchell, Tommy Kerr, Billy Ogle JR, Chesley Dixon, Clint Smith, Brian Reese, John Henderson, Casey Barrow, Steven Howard, John Lobb, Bub McCool, Josh Richards, and a few others that we have not yet seen on the track.

Some of the Sprint Cars at the track for the practice session of the Inaugural Winter Freeze: Tim Shaffer, Danny Smith, Mark Smith, Fred Rahmer, Dale Blaney, Greg Hodnett, Darynn Pittman, Tyler Walker, Bradley Greer, Cap Henry, Lance Dewease, and several others.

I'm a late model guy But what great group of sprint car drivers there. Kinda a mini world finals thing going on.
    Got DIRT!

radar looks pretty good until late tonight. i'll be at Screven in about 45m.

Anywhere I can listen or watch live?