Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question north georgia speedway 2011

Anyone know if timmy is gonna run tha place or what just trying to see whats up for 2011. thanks CD4

I wouldn't count on it everything leads towards no .Everybody knows about the contract but they are just pieces of paper don't mean much.

I'm hearing that he's not going to run it this year.. I hope it's just a rumor! Hope they let us know something or Youngs lets someone get it and run it before it's to late..
    If it slings dirt and goes sideways & fast I like it......

Just heard from a reliable source... Timmy is out! No Money there
    Last edited by robuga; 01-04-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Hopefully it will open...I was looking foward to racing there this season

Sugar Creek-????????
    Tri-County-??????
    North Georgia-?????

I guess I'll go fishing!

Don't count the track out.... got someone trying to get it.Can't mention no names right now but if I here something will let you know something asap...

There was some great racing there last year. I hope it opens in 2011.

Went there once last year for first time, great track to race at, 2-3 grooves and fast

i have heard the track would not bee open this year not 100% sure o wish the pople runs boyds we get it think theay would get a lot off cars in fans in the stands

That is a real shame we were planning on running there regular next year. The money was better than Dixie in the lower classes and spread father back. Dixie still pays the same money I raced for 27 yrs ago yep that is right in 1984 I got if I am not mistaken 400 dollars for winning the B Sportsman feature at Dixie A Cadet I used to get 250 these two classes today would be crate and super bomber now. I know times are tough but same pay for cars that cost 3 to 4 times as much today as 27 years ago, That just ain't right That is why we were looking foward to racing at North Ga. May be someone can get it
    Last edited by RW57; 01-05-2011 at 04:12 PM.

I heard that the go cart track across the street was going to move over there?

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobefast View Post
    I heard that the go cart track across the street was going to move over there?
    I hope that rumor is not true. It is a shame for such a good track not to be run.

Quote Originally Posted by js6859 View Post
    i hope that rumor is not true. It is a shame for such a good track not to be run.
    the go carts cannot compete on the big track because insurance wont let them .
    race race race

your right skinny theres noway they would come over to tha big track tha track cross from n.ga is perfect why would they want to change ive raced at both n.ga is perfect for tha cars and tha same for dogwood speedway perfect for gocarts

How can anyone expect a track to grow if people keep pulling the plug after one year.
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

Totally agree..I thought when the contract was signed, I was like heck ya..But if he signed a contract how can they break the contract?Can't Young's still make them pay?

hope some one gets it soon but it ant looking to good o and hope theay go by boyds rules in have a good car count in a lot off pople in the stands

The track needs to be sold it is for sale but the youngs can't all agree on a price ive heard way to much on it .The problem with leasing it you pay alot of money and the track needs alot of money spend on it but you can't afford to do it with a lease not much money to be made that way

Let me just say this, First the Young Family has been nothing but Great to the racing community. But in these times the property is worth more as anything BUT a racetrack. It's not like the ole days of a cowpasture with some bleachers and a track. The overhead of LEASING and Operation go up ever year, while the attendance goes down. The amount of money it takes now days far outweighs the take home pay. I think that Timmy has shown that he give all his time and effort toward making it work. When the dust settles it just isn't worth it. I also think that Timmy has showed just how hard it was to make it work. Most folks want to lay blame somewhere that is not fair to the owners and promoters and that is just not the case with this racetrack.