Default Crate motor fuel

Has anyone dynoed a crate and played with different fuels?

ms109 is good but for 13 dollars a gallon id pass. e-85 puts out just as much at about $2.50 a gallon well at least were we buy it.

Same here, E-85 is the way to go.

Just read that E-85 isn't legal in nesmith.

talk to bill hendren,..he's dyno'd bout every fuel out there in a crate an can give you real numbers!!

How bout it bill? We all know you da man!

i have talked at length with brad at race 1 , chp does the best but isnt cheap or isnt easy on fuel system, he is a strong supporter of e85. i personally started using renegade ratman 108 and really like it..if cost is no factor chp, e85 is cheap and makes good power but you have check your fuel and make shure its e85 not e70 ,i personally will stay on race fuel because that what my carbs are setup for..

I don't understand why Nesmith won't allow it, I had planned on taking my crate to TST during Nascrap, until I found that out.

Here's my take on it. Please dont eat me alive... JMO.

With the compression being what it is I don't think there's a real reason to throw a bunch of octain at it. The engines make 400hp and run at a pretty low RPM. My engine cranks and runs really nice, and will get 6800 rpm really to quick i think. And I dont mean because of a low gear in it.

I think these engines are pretty good for what they are. Im not saying there is'nt a few HP here and there with a little dyno time. But im not sure the cost is quite worth the gain when your talking about 13 dollar a gallon fuel.

With that being said... If your track doesnt check fuel, alittle 93/ race gas mix never hurt. Maybe somewhere around 100

you'll spend around 600 to get ur carb switched to e-85. We buy 100% ethanol (with that stuff in it so you cant drink it of course) and then add our own gas to it and we always get e-85 e-87, anything over E-90 hurts these motors anyway. Also motor runs somewhat cooler on E-85

If anyone is intrested the mixture is 4 1/4 ethanol 3/4 gallon pump gas (5 gallon mix)

You can get your carb converted for @ 375 to 400 dollars. I'm looking into doing this myself as race gas is just too (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) high.
    U can step on the brake
    U can step on the gas
    But step on ur crank
    UR gonna get passed!

we have dynoed every fuel out there the vp chp is the best followed by ratman. e85 does well just the hassel of testing it no matter what fuel u use u should never run just pump gas it needs to be atleast 50/50 mix.