Thumbs down American modified series

American Modified Series
    2011 Tentative Schedule

American Modified Series
    2011 Tentative Schedule
    Effective immediately I Niles Laudebaugh will no longer be the Director of the American Modified Series and all of these races that were schedule have been cancelled.

May, 14, Blue Grass Speedway Bardstown, KY $1,500.00 Canceled
    May, 27, Molar Raceway Park Williamsburg Ohio (Mt.Orab) $1,500.00 Canceled
    May, 29th, Portsmouth Raceway Park Portsmouth, Ohio $1,500.00 Canceled
    July, 8th, Bloomington Speedway Bloomington, In $1,500.00 Canceled
    \July, 23, Blue Grass Speedway Bardstown, KY $1,500.00 Canceled
    August, 13th, Lawrenceburg Speedway Lawrenceburg Indiana Monster Modified $1,500.00 Canceled
    September, 16th, Molar Raceway Park Williamsburg Ohio (Mt.Orab) Canceled
    September,17th, Portsmouth Raceway Park Portsmouth, Ohio $1,500.00 Canceled
    October 1st Lawrenceburg Speedway (final points)-Lawrenceburg In. $1,500.00 Canceled
    Last edited by goldwing; 01-10-2011 at 07:51 PM.

any idea what the series will pay to win the points or any kind of points fund established for 2011?...

Thumbs up

Niles,I know the economy is rough but,no $ 3000 to win races this year? Not being critical but,you really need a good payout point fund if you expect very many cars at $1500 to win shows with a lot of travel involved and gas or diesel expected to be $4 per gallon this summer.Will try to make a few shows anyway.Good luck with what you are trying to do.

if they maintain the points fund they had last year i'd be more than happy with that for a 15 race series... with the times being what they are, you gotta be greatful that the money is being put up like it is! Over $15,000 in point $$ last year, thats pretty dam good for a Mod series, with all races paying atleast $1500 to win!! JMO

Thumbs up

As a part of John DeMoss racing, we are very pleased with the way the series was put together in its 1st season of competition, Great car counts, exceptional competition among those cars and some a1 sportsmanship thru all involved..We are very much looking foreward to the series in 2011 and want you all to know that it was a very good time, from the great racing, to being able to display the car at the IMIS shows hall of champions to the u.m.p. banquet it all came together very well, I know there will be people who disagree with our opinion on this.. lets all keep supporting the series to help it grow and all series that involve helping mainstream the open wheel modified class as it evolves into one of the premier classes in the country lets not bash the hand that feeds us on here, and helps our great sport in a time that it needs all it can get. Where else can you race for $1500 to win this frequent great starting payout and points fund $ plus wonderfull contengecies given away by the series sponsers?? Thanks again to the ams series and its sponsers and we will see you at the track!!!

May 29th winner Doug Adkins
    Sep. 17 winner Doug Adkins ...lol jk idk how good the series but I do know Doug adkins is a screamin deamon and he just bought all new stuff the is year I kno cuz I live 1/2mi from him...

??????????????????????????? What happened?? Any explanation??

Hmmmm, that came n went fast !!! Was a nice little series too, besides a few glitches I think we all saw, but isnt there always a few small gliches in somthing new? Is the series going to continue with a new director? Any info would b nice to hear !!
    Last edited by bittight; 01-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.

sorry to hear niles is gone had alot of fun racin with all of you guys might see a few of ya out there wont be able to run a series this year but ill be around thanks for all the help at moler and lawrenceburg j demoss selby 2

Just talked to a inside source and series will be back in 2011 with a new director. All will be fine. Expect formal announcement soon!

Default ?? more infomation needed

any idea on what the scheduel will be or tracks involved in the new series . I was interested in running the series and getting a tentative schedule for this year going . any idea when they will have a schedule ? I tried to call their office from the website with no answer .
    I agree with Demoss racing and others this series was a great thing for the modified class . i hope they get it all worked out and come out with details for upcoming season soon so people can make plans . I know my work schedule post 6 weeks at a time a month in advance so we are already looking at april to turn in so knowing ahead of time sure helps me plan . thanks . Jeff

They were supposed to give away a new Impressive chassis to someone in the top ten in points, anyone know who won it?

Brian Shaw won the chassis

Thumbs up Ams is ALIVE and well

All races are still a go. As of 1/11/11 A press release will come out very soon about the new Director and there still more races to be added

May, 14, Blue Grass Speedway Bardstown, KY $1,500.00
    May, 27, Molar Raceway Park Williamsburg Ohio (Mt.Orab) $1,500.00
    May, 29th, Portsmouth Raceway Park Portsmouth, Ohio $1,500.00
    July, 8th, Bloomington Speedway Bloomington, In $1,500.00
    \July, 23, Blue Grass Speedway Bardstown, KY $1,500.00
    August, 13th, Lawrenceburg Speedway Lawrenceburg Indiana Monster Modified $1,500.00
    September, 16th, Molar Raceway Park Williamsburg Ohio (Mt.Orab)
    September,17th, Portsmouth Raceway Park Portsmouth, Ohio $1,500.00
    October 1st Lawrenceburg Speedway (final points)-Lawrenceburg In. $1,500.00
    Last edited by 75fireman; 01-12-2011 at 02:41 PM.