Thread: leaf or 3 link

Question leaf or 3 link

I currently have a leaf mod. been toying with the idea of switching it to 3 link. How hard would it be to do and what are the pros and cons of both setups? I need all the input I can get.

Default 3 link vs leafs

I'm no expert on either, but, here are the basics. Leaf springs have tons of forward bit, IF the track is good and tacky. When it slicks over, you lose quite a bit. 3 links will help you get through the corner better because of the rear steer created when the car rolls. Unless your track stays tacky all night, I would go with a 3 link.

Go with the 3 link or if you are really wild and crazy put a 4 link under it. Probably have to do alot of the same work for both. Such as pullbar, jbar and link brackets. Have not had leaf car, had 3 link, both short and long links and now 4 link. You need to look at some other cars if possible. Get ideas.

John

Is this a multi stack leaf on both sides or a mono leaf car. I had a 3 -link stock car for 10 yrs and then went to leaf and it was great. Just bought a mono leaf mod and it was ok but not good enough. I put the Fast boy set up on it and it was alot better but no side bite, geat forward bite. I changed some things on it and then I had side bite. I would stick with the leafs myself. But I did convert my car to a 4 -bar this winter.

What is your car lacking ???

Smile

Leafs r consitent 98% of the time & a 3 or 4 bar is only consistent 58% of the time & my mod has goo side bite & forward bite with staked leafs.........