Default What Gears do the Modifieds use for North Florida Speedway?

Hey,

I will be going to the Winternationals at the North Florida Speedway. Does anybody know what gear the Modifieds run their and what is the size of the track? The website doesnt tell you the the track size. Thanks

prob 5.43 -5.67 in heats then go down to 5.29 for feature. its a small 1/2 mile. big 3/8s mile.

I will try and get some info Monday night and post something for you Tuesday.Track has been re-configured but is still 3/8 mile track.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Wormer View Post
    I will try and get some info Monday night and post something for you Tuesday.Track has been re-configured but is still 3/8 mile track.
    Dean,

Thanks for the info...I have the 5:43 and 5:67...Why drop to a 5:29 though?

our motor makes about 630 hp and 5.43 is to much when track slicks off for feature. they will have 30 late models there that weekend as well.

Default Gears

Quote Originally Posted by Schools Out View Post
    our motor makes about 630 hp and 5.43 is to much when track slicks off for feature. they will have 30 late models there that weekend as well.
    Not saying your wrong Schools Out, we always go up a gear when the track slicks...if you start with the 43 and track slicks we go with a 67 when we ran the 9 inch....Who knows maybe we're wrong....

The reasoning behind it is two fold...1 the track slows down when it slicks off so your wanting to try and make the car faster and 2 if your in a car with a four speed trans and the pavement is wet...you'll actually spin the tires longer in a taller gear than a lower gear....not to mention it's easier to hook a spinning wheel without lugging the motor by pedaling out of it.

Like I said I'm not throwing stones...just our thinking on it...we may be wrong....Goodluck at the Nationals!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Colorado#28 I have had internet issues.I talked to the track owner Monday night and he also said 5:43 and 5:67 and he used to run mods.Track is a big 3/8th with about 10 degree banking now and the turns have been widened out to around 80 feet.I hope this helps.My name is Jeff and I am the announcer so I hope to see you next week.We will be practicing Thursday night to give everybody a chance to get some laps in before Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Wormer View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Colorado#28 I have had internet issues.I talked to the track owner Monday night and he also said 5:43 and 5:67 and he used to run mods.Track is a big 3/8th with about 10 degree banking now and the turns have been widened out to around 80 feet.I hope this helps.My name is Jeff and I am the announcer so I hope to see you next week.We will be practicing Thursday night to give everybody a chance to get some laps in before Friday.
    Dean,

Thanks for the info and everybody else that tried to assist me. I will be there but not sure about Thursday becuase I have to work. I will defiently be there Friday and Saturday...looking forward the races...Take care and i'll see you next week.

V/R Rick

Have a safe trip and check your private messages before you leave