Default Obama new dully law

Well Obama new transportation law is in effect my friend over in Ga went to get his tag. They said he must have commercial tag.more money. Then 3 days later insurance company sent letter saying needed anouther $800 per yr. States have a yr to comply but GA has already started . Pure junk !

Default what law

Hey what law are you talking about? I got a chevy one ton dually and i live in Ga and i haven't registered yet

Google commercial tags for duallys It may help.

Is it registered to a person? if it is it's private or registered to a company then it's commercial?correct or incorrect?

I know in Minnesota if you use a vehicle for any purpose that involves recieving $$ you have to register it. Racecar, showcar, daycare van ect..... this was in place before Obama, sound like your state is just catching up?
    Last edited by 31KMOD; 01-11-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: add info
    To bad people that know it all can't do it all!

This is new,we always had the deal where if you used it to make money. There is no personal tags for dully any more even if you just joy ride,it has to have a commercial tag.Now on the ins,must be commercial, also if you haul a car which has gas and oil it will have to have a million dollars in ins,things are changing.

This is the first I heard of this but I'm not a bit surprised.
    FYI.....If your truck is insured as a personal vehicle whatever you pull is covered as far as liability goes. Not so with commercial coverage! If your truck is insured as commercial anything you pull needs to be added to your commercial policy, even liabiliy!

If you register your dually pick up commercial do you have to carry a log book? Use placards if you have a gas can in the box?
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

LT,
    In MANY states you haven't had to register a dually as a commercial vehicle if you use it for personal use.

I'd say it's a stretch to say the guy has been cheating without having more info.
    Support WEEKLY racing......while you still can!

its not a new law they are enforcing an already existing law. instead of going by your word on the use of the truck they are going by the vichile vin number. the manufactors are listing dullies as commerical because the gas milage wont count against the average mpg for their other cars and truck. the fleet mpg for this year was set over 20 years ago. this is just a number game be played by the manufactors and you are paying for it.
    Last edited by tsand; 01-11-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Actually Tommy just bought a race car and just bought the truck. last year you could have a dully with personal ins,this year no personal tags for dully,even if you don't pull anything,he did not tell them he was going to pull anything,not same as old law, all states will be going by this soon ,where i work we have a dully here in Tn and pull 12 ft trailer and we do have commercial tag

He has a 2 dr chev but no personal tags anymore 7058611212 is tag office lots of people really fussing.

I read in our local paper that next year all dually trucks would have to have a commercial license and insurance because of the gas mileage. Just what I read...

See you down the road -- East Bay!!!