Thread: bushings

Default bushings

im wondering what peoples thoughts are on rear bushings. Ive talked to the guys at medievel and like their product. but i was wondering what you guys think.

any takers?

I would go with steel bushings all the way around. You wouldnt believe the difference it makes in weight transfer...

i'd stay away from the mideivil bushings. they are soft but wear out after 15 nights and are way overpriced. if your allowed, for less money you can have steel mono ball bushings from dca. they cost less and you wont ever wear them out.

stockcar5, do you run those DCA bushings on top and bottom?

when they were legal for us i ran them on all 8. our great sanctioning body wont allow them. they think having us buy $30 soft bushings that wear out in 15 nights is better than running $25 monoballs that last forever.

Soft bushings by medievel didnt last 2 nights on my chevelle or metric car.

well who makes good bushings for the rear ?? we have to have the rubber ones per our stock rules
    the most peacefull time is sitting in the staging lane strapped in helment on and waiting for the green light to move on track.

has any one tried the offset one from speedway,if so what is the best set up

Rubber is oem, I get mine from advanced auto.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Soft bushings by medievel didnt last 2 nights on my chevelle or metric car.
    We can get about 20 or so nights out of them. I'm guessing he redesigned them since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdoorn Racing View Post
    We can get about 20 or so nights out of them. I'm guessing he redesigned them since then.
    Too bad he hasnt mentioned that to customers who bought 16 of them when they first came out...

I believe my almost 300 investment was enough to not bother trying them again on my dime.

Default Metric Trailing Arm Bushings

The Medieval "Twist" bushings have been redesigned for increased durability and performance since they were first released.

Mike Nichols-2010 IMCA National Champion in a Medieval Chassis ran his "Twist" bushings for 41 nights before replacing them.

Thanks to everyone for your interest!

Jesse Olson
    Medieval Chassis

whats with the $225 ea bilstein shocks ? thats about $100 more than everywhere else... not really rocket science to order a 4/6 rf and a 5/3 lr lol

bushracing67, Thank you for checking out our website!

Our "Clamp Down" RF and "Bite" LR shocks are custom built shocks that have highly specialized components, valving and gas pressures to them. They are not just simple "4/6 rf and a 5/3 lr" bilstein shocks. (If they were and we charged that much it would be a rip off. lol)
    This is technology that we have been developing and implementing into our stock car chassis for the last couple years. If anyone has any questions please give us a call we would be glad to help. Thanks

Jesse Olson
    Medieval Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by bushracing67 View Post
    whats with the $225 ea bilstein shocks ? thats about $100 more than everywhere else... not really rocket science to order a 4/6 rf and a 5/3 lr lol
    Busch I put together a custom built 7 shock package for my friends and it doesnt contain the rates you listed in it at ALL... keep guessing!
    Last edited by stock car driver; 03-16-2011 at 10:45 AM.