Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by late96 View Post
    Rocky, We purchased a set of offset wheels from race shop for trailer and made fenders removable. Works great, just outside the law for width though havn't had any problems. Good Luck
    up to 102 inches is leagel in most states...any thing over bout 8 inch over hang sposed to be flagged as wide load,...anything wider sposed to have wide load permits from state....

A legal late model body can only be 76 - 78" wide. That will easily fit between the fenders of any trailer with a loading tire on the front.

Check this thread :

http://www.stlracing.com/forums/show...ng-tire-needed
    Last edited by RacerX10; 01-15-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Georgia has one of the narrow trailer width limits, only 8 feet. Subtract 10 inches per trailer tire and puts you right at 76 inches. So we had to go up and over the trailer tires.

Rocky: pm me your email address and I will send you some pics of a tire rack I made out of electrical conduit. Double row, holds 10 dirt late model tires and cost less than $200 . I still can't figure out how to uplaod pics on this site since the upgrade.
    Last edited by joedoozer; 01-15-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

Haha allright, This trailer already has a tire rack on it but I gotta see this thing. I only have one spare wheel right now Hopefully that will be different eventually.

BTW I hope this didn't seem like a hijack to the guy that started this, I just sorta did it the other day and know for sure the trailer I have access too is gonna need some help he might be in the same boat. Tomorrow and the next day I get to work on the car again. But that also means I get to spend the money again (I don't like that part as much).
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

Hijacked oooo no....I enjoy any and all info.....An i really appreciate it thanks everyone.

I built my own open trailer, I think Ive got around $1000(including wench) in it and its a pretty nice trailer. Its a camper trailer frame that i shortened and dovetailed. Its got two 3500lbs axles underneath it with brakes on both axles. The best part about it is the trailer is high enough that the trailer tires are underneath the rails so you dont have to worry about width or clearance. I took pictures of building it. If ya would like to see them PM me and ill email them to ya.