Default Who won at WWS---McCool or Moyer?

coming to the checker flag, front runner Ronnie Lee Hollingsworth and Bub McCool wrecked. McCool was said to be the winner with Billy Moyer second. Dirt on Dirt with live results haven't published an official winner. Leads me to believe some controversy is occurring over the official finish. Who won?

It's official Bub McCool declared the winner even though the checkered flag didn't wave. Ronnie Lee Hollingsworth who lead the race throughout was left with a damaged car in turn four while Bub McCool limped across the finish line ahead of Billy Moyer and Ray Moore. The video of this race should be very interesting.

Ronnie Lee was scored 17th according to Dirt on Dirt. The video was quite interesting. Looked like Right Foot Ronnie jumped the cushion, and Bub pulled a slider. He thought he had Ronnie cleared but Ronnie got the car gathered up pretty quick considering how sideways he was, and they crossed paths. It was just an unfortunate racing accident.
    The Mayor of Macon
    The Race Blogger

View The Race Blogger's World at http://theracebloggersworld.blogspot.com

For my race updates when I do them, check out my Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/pdavis18491988

Surely not Moyer. Bub did nothing wrong. Ronnie Lee opened the door for McCool when he jumped the cushion and let Bub by. Hollingsworth stayed in the gas and came down into Bub when he needed to back off the throttle because he definitely got passed. The damage on the cars tell the story.
    8/13/16

You said it - it was an aggressive but clean slider. I'm sure Ronnie was frustrated getting passed in the last corner of the last lap, but there comes a time when you have to lift. If he had lifted for a split second and crossed back under, he might have still had a chance to outdrag him to the finish line, but instead he chose to run into the back of him and tear up 2 race cars.

Possum Kingdom, South Greenville, South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Pitboard View Post
    You said it - it was an aggressive but clean slider. I'm sure Ronnie was frustrated getting passed in the last corner of the last lap, but there comes a time when you have to lift. If he had lifted for a split second and crossed back under, he might have still had a chance to outdrag him to the finish line, but instead he chose to run into the back of him and tear up 2 race cars.
    Two very fast, all-out style racers fighting for the same piece of ground and the win.