Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dluna11w View Post
    So if I don't buy his extension setup, what do you suggest? I can get the Schoenfields with some extensions for around $300. The beyea's are in the $600 range. Has anyone tried both types? I know in IMCA they can't run the step header, but we can in our class. Most racers that I have talked to suggest a 1 5/8 step to 1 3/4 with a 3" collector.
    I dont know ask Chris Steele on here would be my suggestion.

I know hendren said beyeas all the way. I personally would go with them.

Just out of curiosity how are you guys getting your fuel tested for octane level?

on the header issue the schoenfeilds are just as good if not better than the beyas we have run both on our car and the only reason we have beyas on now is bc they come with mufflers which weve had to have at a few tracks the schoenfields put out better numbers with the extentions and are alot cheaper to put the money else where like in fuel and tires

now on the fuel issue we have run sunoco for 4 years and its been great but at the same time this is on a 604

we run the schoenfelds on our LM. probably just bad luck but we had 2 sets of beyas that broke right at the block flange. so we dug the old schoenfelds out of the garage that we had ran for 3 years before and have had no problems. we have a guy that we saw this your at practice that ran the long extensions on both left and right on his 602 sportmod. motor sounded like it really like it until he broke an axel.