Default Fuel test.... E-85

After having some converstations with ppl and gathering info about E-85 (and thank you for the help everyone) i am hearing that its a huge gain and lots of pros UNLESS you get junk octane... How can I be sure i am getting good fuel was told E-85 does not hold octane long speacially in cold climates and being from Western NY we have plenty of that. Any info would be a help rather where to buy a gauge with price or if other ways around it...

Thank you
    Brad

quick fuel sells the kit to test with. easy to use. I have never had issues with getting E85 fuel or octane issues, I cannot speak for others. If you get a good carb and a test kit you should no problems

Thumbs up

The test kit that Quick Fuel sells is to test the amount of ethanol. It will range from low 80's to mid 90's depending on the part of the country you live in. The northern states decrease the amount of ethanol in the winter and then around March to April the amount of ethanol is increased for the summer months. Check with the station you buy it at, if they will tell you when this happens.

For the crate motors with flat tops, you maybe OK to run just the straight E85. We run a spec motor late model with 13:1 compression and that is where you run into the problem of not enough octane in the E85 from the pump.

thanks for the info... now if the octane does appear to be low is there a ratio with race fuel to mix with to help this problem.... or any mixture to gain alil edge?

Default e85

id call pro power talk to them about it thay are a big name and have good im put on it ill be on chp