Default North Georgia 2011?

Rec'd. from a North GA man:

What is going on???
    drflavio309 | January 21, 2011 URL: http://wp.me/pnL8f-dg

Okay everyone has waited long enough, here is my thoughts on the goings on at NGS.

First, who ever is in charge needs to step up and say something! it don't matter what, just say something. even if it is " sorry but we are working on a few things and will have details soon as possible" anything ... the nothing is killing everyone. Rules need to be put out, schedules need to be made available.and most of all, someone needs to step up and take control.

I have offered to do all I could to help get things moving, to help spread the word and have gotten no where. But I guess that is to be expected, after last year.

Lets look back, the season started with Tom Peters on the TV show ""All Revved Up" telling everyone he was "in it for the long haul" and that they had signed a 4 year lease with an option for 4 more. The first couple races went off real good without a hitch. Other than a few cars gettin upside down. Then suddenly there was trouble in Paradise, and Tom Peters decided he would rather race than argue with Timmy, now thats the story that I heard, there are others floating around but on with the story.

Timmy refused to do anything to promote the races I worked hard to get the Dalton paper to cover the races which they did for a while, but the management of NGS refused to spend any money to promote the races, relying on word of mouth and the dr to promote the races. The crowds were slowly improving but when Timmy jacked the prices it seemed to hurt the track. The payout didn't get any better and people were wondering what were they getting for the added price....No one had any answers.

I reached out to Timmy and Tom offering my services to help do what ever I could to help the track, I worked as a asst flagman, corner worker, and even announcer, I posted results, pictures and covered the races on my blog.

I never even got a thank you from Timmy or Tom. Diane Young posted a comment on here thanking me for all I had done to help the track and that was payment enough for me.

But now we have a new season ready to start and no body is saying a word, well this is to call out who ever is in charge now, POST SOMETHING! anything but not saying anything is not working it is putting a bad taste in the mouth of all the drivers and fans alike.

So here is my offer in writing. ....... If someone will call me and allow me to act as spokesperson for the track I will take this on and do all I can to help, I will chase sponsors paint grade the track .... what ever it takes. but let's get this season going! before it's to late to save the season.

Gar (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)son has told me he would be willing to work with NGS to help in any way he could as far as two night shows with NGS and Boyd's which would really light the place up, but no one has taken me up on the offer.

I have made a few phone calls, and I was hoping to have a few answers when I posted this but no one has gotten back to me so I got a few more things up my sleeve that I can't talk about right now but more will follow. I have been off line for a few weeks but I am back now and ready to go to work now who is going to step up and make something happen? The ball is in NGS's Court I am ready is the track and its owners and management?

the dr.

I am the one who wrote this it is on my blog which you can find the link to in my sig line at the bottom of this post...
    Thanks for posting here....

the dr.
    If they are going to outlaw a plant, shouldn't it be poison ivy??????
    http://topofthebox.wordpress.com/
    the dr........ Not following directions since 1959!

I believe that the issues at NGS revolve around dollars. It seems the track has struggled to make money for quite some time now. There have some events that did well but I heard 3 different promoters talk about the track's inability to thrive. I don't know what to fully attribute this to. The location is pretty good and the track itself is in good shape. I think maybe there are a couple of major contributing factors. First and foremost - inconsistency. In the last few years the track has operated as a Friday night track, a special events only track, a Saturday night track and it has been completely closed two or three times. I can remember when we first started coming they had a strong crowd and a very good car count in each division. But it seems like after Mike Lee left the crowds thinned. I'm not saying he was the key to prosperity - thats just how I remember the time frame. I love North Georgia. I wish that someone that plenty of bank would back the right guy or group to keep it going and bring it back to those prosperous days.

Smile Dead ON

Inconsistency is dead on. I do not live far from the track, you never knew if they were going to race or not on any given weekend. It is a good track with good racing when they had one.

ok let me just say from my experience from working at ngs we ran last year on saturday because we all know its a saturday track ,what it really needs is all these people to help support it, instead of bashing it cause ,i think thats what the heck is wrong with her ........J.M.O. .....................
    race race race

It's going to take someone who realizes that there will be and has the financial ability to withstand losses for a year or so. People don't trust the place because through changing nights, poor promotion, promoters purposely running it in the ground to help their own track, and some other things people have just gotten used to going other places. You throw in 13+% unemployment in the surrounding area and location compared to other tracks in the area, it's going to be a tough road. It can and has been done before, but you have to sale yourself, your track, and your plan 24/7. That has not happened for the better part of a decade now.

What the complete solution is I'm not sure. I'm sure it's not writing letters and posts contributing to the negative stigma that already surrounds the place.

well said... all these people who want to say whats wrong with the track...... either put up your own money or STFU. I dont care how much you think you know its a totaly different story when it involves putting your own money on the line. Tom Peters & Timmy Millwood gave it their best shot and it sure doesnt help for all the "keyboard warriors" to tell them where they were wrong.

Dr Flavio309... since you seem to know everything that it will take to make the track successful again why dont you go down to the bank and get the money to open it and run it yourself

Angry

I think it's not all the promotors fault the people that own the track needs to realize that things aren't the same as it's been over the years.Should come down on the lease and give someone a chance to keep it going instead of padding their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobefast View Post
    I think it's not all the promotors fault the people that own the track needs to realize that things aren't the same as it's been over the years.Should come down on the lease and give someone a chance to keep it going.

"DING...DING...DING...DING..DING...DING....... I Think We Have A Winner!!

Good Post...............

Last edited by PaperMen; 01-23-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons
    www.southeasternlatemodels.com

They've still got property taxes and other expenses to pay as well. I don't get the rush to crucify the Young's in favor of people who have already failed at running a track before. I've got nothing against anyone there from the Young's to Timmy Millwood. I think everyone is trying, but placing all the blame at the feet of the Young family is misguided at best.

Thumbs up

If they cared about the track why don't the owners run it there self and do away with the promotor. This would be the best because they can cut the middle man out and have more money for the racers and owner and maybe it would stay open more than 1 season.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobefast View Post
    If they cared about the track why don't the owners run it there self and do away with the promotor. This would be the best because they can cut the middle man out and have more money for the racers and owner and maybe it would stay open more than 1 season.
    maybe thet do not have the time and money to run the track. its notopen gate on saturday and collect money. also, probalydo not want to hear all the complaining and how some one could do it better.
    mind freak (chuck greer)

Quote Originally Posted by RacedudeGa View Post
    Dr Flavio309... since you seem to know everything that it will take to make the track successful again why dont you go down to the bank and get the money to open it and run it yourself
    If I had the ability to obtain that kind of a line of credit I would jump all over it, but since I don't I have offered to help in anyway I can with any kind of work needed that I can do, the entire season last year I covered the races posted the results, posted pictures, even filled in as corner worker and announcer when the need arose, I have done all I can, and if asked I am willing to do more. I never claimed to have all the answers just idea's that would help the track, idea's I have seen work at other tracks in my 30+ years of being around racing.
    Now what have you done?

the dr.
    If they are going to outlaw a plant, shouldn't it be poison ivy??????
    http://topofthebox.wordpress.com/
    the dr........ Not following directions since 1959!

I want to make sure my comments are not taken in the wrong way. I am not bashing ANYONE. I stated the facts as I see them. North Georgia did run all year on Saturday LAST YEAR. What did they do the year before and the the one before that? That is my point. People who are interested in going lose interest because of the inconsistency that has been shown over the last SEVERAL years. And now here we are again - in question if it will even be open.

As B_K said you have to have the financial ability to absorb losses for a year or two to re-establish the track. This can only happen if you are open every week according to your schedule and you do this consistently for a significant amount of time. Then people who are the "fringe" type fans will begin to support the track. More and more drivers will build their cars to the track rules and race only at NGS.

My comments are not to bash but my opinion as to why NGS has had 4 or 5 different people at the helm in the last 5 or 6 years. I only want to see NGS do well and be open.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I want to make sure my comments are not taken in the wrong way. I am not bashing ANYONE. I stated the facts as I see them. North Georgia did run all year on Saturday LAST YEAR. What did they do the year before and the the one before that? That is my point. People who are interested in going lose interest because of the inconsistency that has been shown over the last SEVERAL years. And now here we are again - in question if it will even be open.

As B_K said you have to have the financial ability to absorb losses for a year or two to re-establish the track. This can only happen if you are open every week according to your schedule and you do this consistently for a significant amount of time. Then people who are the "fringe" type fans will begin to support the track. More and more drivers will build their cars to the track rules and race only at NGS.

My comments are not to bash but my opinion as to why NGS has had 4 or 5 different people at the helm in the last 5 or 6 years. I only want to see NGS do well and be open.
    I sure did not take your comments other than what they were, which was honest and supportive.

There are a couple on here more worried about their pseudo celebrity than any track.

North Ga will have some races this year!

There are a couple on here more worried about their pseudo celebrity than any track

Totally agree with you BK..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    It's going to take someone who realizes that there will be and has the financial ability to withstand losses for a year or so. People don't trust the place because through changing nights, poor promotion, promoters purposely running it in the ground to help their own track, and some other things people have just gotten used to going other places. You throw in 13+% unemployment in the surrounding area and location compared to other tracks in the area, it's going to be a tough road. It can and has been done before, but you have to sale yourself, your track, and your plan 24/7. That has not happened for the better part of a decade now.

What the complete solution is I'm not sure. I'm sure it's not writing letters and posts contributing to the negative stigma that already surrounds the place.
    B_K hit the nail on the head. Its gonna take someone with a lot of JACK to put NGS back on the map (like it was 3-4 years ago). And I sure wish someone would do it. Next to maybe Rome, NGS has some of the best racing in Georgia, or maybe even the southeastern U.S. It might not have the nicest concessions, bathrooms, etc, but who goes to the races for all that anyway. Put me on a good race, and I will stand up all night if I have to. Just my .02!!!
    GO #L7, #66 & #11