Default Speedway motors cams

Anyone ever ran the Speedway motors cams? This would be for an IMCA claimer motor, just wondering if theres any quality issues with them or if thier just as good as an Elgin? Thanks in advance for your help.

I have run them and had good luck with them. Both their hyd in my hyd. cam and their solid in my mod.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

The off brand cams are just cheap name brand cams in a different box, with the advertised dur. taken at different lifts to make them look different.
    Josh K.

Just the answer I was looking for...Thanks guys.

I've used them and never had any issues. There used to be a place called Dirt track Thunder in Ia. that had decent pricing on their house brand stuff too but I guess they're no longer around. Are the Speedway cams from the same source as the ones from mwmspts?

Dirt track thunder was tony haufbaur or something like that.

He does business now as KMJ you can find his stuff on ebay and racing junk.

50j- I'm not sure who makes em, their just branded speedway.
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedw...afts,3201.html

I've used Speedway cams for about 20 years now both solid and hyd, never had a problem with any of them. Plus you can't beat their customer service and tech help. They have even pulled items for me to take measurements or whatever and give you a call back with the info you requested.

ant used there cam yet,..but its on order!! ive ordered stuff from them 5 times an cant beat there customer service!! really happy with the couple thousand dollars if spent with them,..got 1800 in shopping cart waiting on funds now,..an cam an lifters on that list!!

ive been useing them for years used to use midwest motorsports cams i have never had one go down on me they get broke when engines loose rods from time to time

Usually the cheap camshafts are reground cams from other companies. When big cam companies make mistakes....these cams are sold for pennies to other companies and they are reground. One reason why some of them have very odd grinds. Most of the time there isn't any quality isssue....these cams just don't work as well as a custom ground cam does.

Two ways to buy cams. One is according to your budget and the other is for maximum performance.

Quote Originally Posted by parrot69777 View Post
    Usually the cheap camshafts are reground cams from other companies. When big cam companies make mistakes....these cams are sold for pennies to other companies and they are reground. One reason why some of them have very odd grinds. Most of the time there isn't any quality isssue....these cams just don't work as well as a custom ground cam does.

Two ways to buy cams. One is according to your budget and the other is for maximum performance.
    Camshaft and heads are the 2 most important parts of your motor when it comes to HP. Not going to say anything bad about the speedway cams just kinda agree w/ parrot.

I would have to agree as well. Other thing to think of here too is the cheap cams like these are old technology gring cams. New technology cams have faster ramps and tighter tolerences making more power under the curve, and that is what makes your engine pull like a freight train all the way down the straights. Just something to think about.

Whos a good grinder of custom cams? Ive heard this from many people that this is the only way to go, and Im looking to find someone whos dependable and does quality work.

Anyone? Any help would be appreciated.

Lots of cam grinders out there. I'd start by calling a few of them and see who's familiar with what you're doing. Comp, Lunati, Isky are a few.

camcraft is who i use.

Comp Cams is all I use.

Jay Allen at Camshaft Innovations , or Reed cams is all I use.