Default Window Net Mounting

How are people mounting their window nets at the bottom. I have seen some people have sheet metal covering the inner door bars and they are riviting the bottom of the window net to the sheet metal. is this illegal? It is kinda vague when reading the imca modified rules. From what I read, its says you only have to have it mounted to the roll cage at the top. All it says is, "Driver-side window net required, minimum 16 inch by 20 inch ribbon or mesh style, and must be mounted to roll cage so latch is at top front of window."

Any opinions on this subject?

At the IMCA track I run they make us go into the door bars. I tried the piece of sheetmetal thing and they teched it and made me go into the door bars.

I ran a piece of flat steel (3/4 x 1/8 I think) through the bottem loops then bolted the flat steel to and through the safety plate welded to the door bars. The body panel then hides the mounting.

thanks for the reply

I just used some round stock and welded a nut on one and slid the net through and weld the other nut on. Than I just welded right to the top of the roll bar