Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Still running on the 4000# wheel

I tried to post to the earlier thread but could not get thru.

No I am not ptodd in WV, he sounds like he is trying to help out start up crate racers, after all I thought this was a forum to post that information on. Anybody wanting to contact or reach me can do so easily via my PM on here. I have not seen a whole lot of new stuff to post to or answer.

Just wanted to thank all the folks that ran my stuff again last year and man did we have some great success. We still treat GM springs, retainers and locks and have not had a failure in almost 9 years and 5000+ sets, and yes my customers turn over 6800 regularly. During the summer we went up to Willy's Chassis dyno for a couplw days, and ran past 7500rpm, pretty easily. Once you eliminate valvetrain harmonics you would be amazed at what a 604 can do. Our oil filters are still a cheap and easy couple HP. As far as differences in the dyno's his was inertia loaded and once we got the thing loaded up pretty good the numbers were in the same ballpark as mine.

Anybody that wants to contact me direct can reach me at: mancinelli@att.net , been busy working on my inertia engine dyno, developing some new crate stuff for 2010 and working on some new drag race stuff. Hoping to get the site updated but my guy has gotten kidney failure and lost eyesight in one eye, Shoot out a prayer for "Wild Bill".

As far as crates at Dixie being competitive, I am sure some will be when the track allows for cars having 100 less HP being competitive with hi-HP limteds.

Bobby Dauderman won a SLM race with his crate last year and I am sure the conditions were right for it.

Neophyte question here, so take that in to consideration :

Why would you turn a 604 more than 6000 RPM or so when the dyno sheet power drops off considerably around that point ?

Thanks !

RacerX10, it is pretty much a standard with any racing engine application that when you increase rpm you increase the engines ability to make power. Simply put, if I can make my engine turn more reliable RPM than yours ( while maintaining or not losing power ) I have more power strokes per minute that can be applied to the track to make my car go faster.

You are probably right when it comes to the engine in question on the dyno sheet you are looking at. That is pretty much why most beginners can’t go to the track with an out of the box crate engine and run up front. Experience and finding out what works is what separates the winners from the rest.

After about 10 years working with these engines I have been able to identify many of the areas that limit HP production.

Number one is valvetrain harmonics; and there are a number of areas that contribute to that, engine oil, oil pressure at the lifter, rocker arm and valve spring, valve springs, retainers and locks. Once you get a handle on the harmonics and can get them to work with you instead of against you there is about 20-30hp out there that you can harness.

Most of this work is done on a Spin-tron that allows you to spin the engine without combustion an then analyze what all the parts are doing. Final confirmation is conducted on the engine dyno and chassis dyno and at the track to ensure that your gains are actualized in real time in the race car.

Number two is matching your Carburetor, to the engine, to the fuel, to the ignition and spark plugs that you will be running. I do this process 3-4 times a week with my Dyno Mule car. People send me their carb, distributor, wires, and plugs along with the brand of fuel they are running and I maximize the system to run at it’s best. The results are absolutely amazing in the HP gains and acceleration gains.

A couple more areas to look into is valve seat and guide sealing, ring sealing, engine compression and vacuum during operation…and there are quite a few more things but this is a good start.

We also look at matching the fuel burn curve, to the ignition curve, to the distributor spark curve, fuel delivery curve to the acceleration curve of the engine in the car. This is like a 5D program that you want to have the curve overlapping and helping in an effort to increase the maximum HP output of the car, not just the engine but all of the systems associated with it. Fuel, water, oil, air, cooling, exhaust, ignition, air filtering, oil filtering…

Once you get a handle on this you come to realize that engine RPM is not just dependent on the engine. The drivetrain itself is a couple thousand pounds of flywheel effect that can either hinder or help the car on the track depending on how you work with it.

Long story short = I sell some 100% Legal parts and pieces to racers and engine builders that let them turn their engines a little harder and still make reliable power.

i see the con man returns. got quiet after people came forward calling you out on your scams. did you get that hubble telescope traction control stuff figured out you were working on? "alien" traction control i believe it was called...

No his mistake was making claims that were out and out lies and then trying to back pedal about them.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    Why would you turn a 604 more than 6000 RPM or so when the dyno sheet power drops off considerably around that point ?
    So that you can wear it out or blow it up and then go spend even more money with the same guy that sold you all the parts that made it wind beyond what it needed to make "power" in the first place. Meanwhile, the guys that are already outrunning you are spending their money on making their cars get through the corners better.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Blacksheep View Post
    The man is an intelectual that some just were not ment to understand. Others may be intimidated by his words of wisdom. When you are in business you will find a client or 2 that you just can't please no matter how good you are or how much you try. I have talked to the man many times PM and phone and personaly find his thaught paterns very intresting. In the world of making engine power little things make a difference. His mistake was probably telling his findings that most have no clue about, which makes the simple brain irritated. The 1s that do know are keepin quiet which is smart also. I can't do it as I want others to improve their equipment enough that they won't tear up ours. There is no way a crook or a dumb as$ could make up that much stuff and stay consistant with it. Say what you want. The dudes for Real.
    No sir. The ones that DO know are keeping quiet because they are professional engine builders that don't want to get into a flame war on a message board. They're going by the good old rule "if you don't have anything nice to say..."
    Just because somebody spouts off something that doesn't make any sense to you doesn't mean they're smarter than you. There are people on this board that are pretty educated (book-smart and real-world) and there are people on this board who are either ignorant or suckers or both. Money can be made from all of them.
    Dynoman14 has 100 ways to get 100 horsepower out of a crate motor yet it appears he doesn't build them because all I see him selling on here is trick parts...am I missing something?

Yep, your missing something !!! I really don't care anything about the Crate class AT ALL. Crate should be just that (CRATE). If you can bolt something on to get a horse,then thats the legal way to do it if rules allow. I will not tell anymore about it other than I think the dude knows bolt on power! I had a dyno for awhile and know the gains that are possible. Nuff Said from me
    Last edited by 1Blacksheep; 01-27-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    The Blacksheep cometh ! With old bent sh!t that just keeps getting faster !

D4mn, it looks like I stirred-up a hornet's nest with a simple newbie question

RX10,
    No problem, I have the same group of folks that jump on my posts to dispute them, that is what a forum is about, I just wish there were a couple folks out there that wanted to get more into discussions about how to make more power with their race programs.

You can take the info I posted for what it is, do your own research and see what you find out. I would be happy to get you on the right track on getting another 30-40hp out of your 604.

If you have ever raced before you have probably made changes that were good and many that were bad. Through about 25 years of trial and error, I have come up with a couple things that work universally from Briggs Animals to Cup Engines.

I am happy to discuss my findings with racers and customers that might be able to use it. Folks that think it is B.S. , that is their opinion and they can go in their own direction. In a couple hundred posts on this site I have yet to have a person say they have tested what I have talked about and not gained power doing it.

Almost all of my testing is done with a single cylinder briggs engine on both a hydraulic engine dyno and an inertia engine dyno. Both dynos have very advanced data acquisition systems which is a significant factor in determining small differences in HP, TQ, Acceleration and Instantaneous Acceleration. If if works there we go to the engine dyno, if it works there we go to the SuperflowChassisDYno and then after that parts go out to the track to test. This development cycle take about 1-2 years and stuff I am testing now will be offered to the public next year or the year after.

1Blacksheep - Good to hear from you, wish we had a driver to work with hope college, family and work is going well...sorry about not hooking up with you at Willy's but you know how racers are, don't want anybody getting in on their secrets. You can talk to EV, he remembers how quick the engine revved as we had to adjust up from 20% to 60% Inertia load just to keep the engine from running up too quick. Must be something to be gained from constant work on InstantaneousAcceleration??? NAW I doubt it I must of just got lucky and tricked the dyno 2 days in a row, although winning 7 of 9 races the following month was a pretty good evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14 View Post

In a couple hundred posts on this site I have yet to have a person say they have tested what I have talked about and not gained power doing it.

Your selective memory is getting the best of you.

Before this forum was purged of all the old posts there were many of different people willing to test your so called hp products. And each and every time someone was willing you backed out with some form of excuse not to allow them to do it.

I personally offered to buy one of your oil filters to dyno test if it gains me hp. But then you said you only sell them by the case and I asked where and how do you want payment and you posted a mile long post about my test wont be valid bla bla bla.

Hendren has offered to test your products on his dime also multiple times.

Jeff

I am sure if dm14's products were such an advantage,There would be a center-fold ad in every racing magazine in the country promoting his products...I am sure he is not all full of it on some things. I have actually read post with some people praising his service. I guess I will be missing out on a few things when it comes to my crate engine.

Quote Originally Posted by mqdirtracer57 View Post
    I am sure if dm14's products were such an advantage,There would be a center-fold ad in every racing magazine in the country promoting his products...I am sure he is not all full of it on some things. I have actually read post with some people praising his service. I guess I will be missing out on a few things when it comes to my crate engine.
    I wouldnt sweat it.

It appears that since the forum was dumped dynoman is back. Prior to this forum being purged of all old posts he was gone, likely for good from here.

I believe there were 3-4 case number on here and at least that many if not more people who he has ripped off posting with their names and numbers.

Its unfortunate the site dumped all that stuff. Now he will prey on even more people.

What is the intake port volume and cam specs on a crate motor?

mqdirt,
    Who would that business partner be?

stockccardriver,
    You might want to get your facts right.
    The only case number listed was decided in my favor ( thru the DA dropping the case for lack of evidence on the part of the defendent and failure to appear in court on his part also ) The defendent might face charges of Felony Insurance Fraud related to the false claim, if the Attorney General in his state or the insurance company decides to further persue the matter.

The only other problems I have had is with a couple customers that want to fund their racing with my parts. If you want parts for free go somewhere else. I am pretty sure that is how business works.
    Do you ship out your race parts for sale without final payment???

RCJ,
    I have flow tested probably 125 sets of 604's, 25 sets of 602's, and 10 sets of 603's in the past 7 years.
    604 Intake port volumes vary from 187-206 depending on where the castings were made and the dates.

604 Cam specs from the GM Yellow book are :
    322* / 320* Adv.
    208* / 221* @.050"
    .474" / .510" Lift
    112 Lobe Separation
    Special Note : +/- .010" all dimensions and +/- 5 degrees of angularity
    ( information source P.23 GM Circle Track Engine Manual FEB 2008 )

There are some variations as there were 6 or 7 different cam grinders running and multiple manufacturers thru the last 7 years and yes, some are better than others that is why you buy 10 at a time and save the good ones.

If you would like a new "Maximum Area" selected GM cam with Cam Doctor Certification let me know. We offer the same service for 602's.

we broke the track record at whynot motorsports park with a bone stock gm 604 using his oil filter, plugs and valve spring kit.

whynot is a hammer down track.

it works for me is all i can say.

thanks mark

herman reynolds
    #9 grt

btw i had to buy the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14 View Post
    mqdirt,
    Who would that business partner be?

stockccardriver,
    You might want to get your facts right.
    The only case number listed was decided in my favor ( thru the DA dropping the case for lack of evidence on the part of the defendent and failure to appear in court on his part also ) The defendent might face charges of Felony Insurance Fraud related to the false claim, if the Attorney General in his state or the insurance company decides to further persue the matter.

The only other problems I have had is with a couple customers that want to fund their racing with my parts. If you want parts for free go somewhere else. I am pretty sure that is how business works.
    Do you ship out your race parts for sale without final payment???

RCJ,
    I have flow tested probably 125 sets of 604's, 25 sets of 602's, and 10 sets of 603's in the past 7 years.
    604 Intake port volumes vary from 187-206 depending on where the castings were made and the dates.

604 Cam specs from the GM Yellow book are :
    322* / 320* Adv.
    208* / 221* @.050"
    .474" / .510" Lift
    112 Lobe Separation
    Special Note : +/- .010" all dimensions and +/- 5 degrees of angularity
    ( information source P.23 GM Circle Track Engine Manual FEB 2008 )

There are some variations as there were 6 or 7 different cam grinders running and multiple manufacturers thru the last 7 years and yes, some are better than others that is why you buy 10 at a time and save the good ones.

If you would like a new "Maximum Area" selected GM cam with Cam Doctor Certification let me know. We offer the same service for 602's.
    Facts are your shady snake oil salesman techniques and bad reputation from your customers on here got you to leave this site....

Your only back now because they dumped all those old posts and even complete threads with many people talking about your shadiness that were also filled with your always too long posts trying in vain to talk your way out of it all.

Its unfortunate, now youll prey on more naive people.

Blackdragster
    Thanks, I look forward to working with you on your new projects. Once we get the rest of the 2011 stuff on your engine you'll really be impressed, and no you still cannot get the stuff for free cause you are faster than anybody else around.

scd,
    As far as case numbers floating around on here there was only one, and I won that one. The only other case I have ever had related to engines was about 10 years ago and I won that one also and the racer had to pay for the engine he raced all season and never paid the final balance for.

As far as dropping from the site, there were not any real discussions I felt like getting in to. I have seen a couple lately and posted.

You are right on having a dis-satisfied customer, he did not have the money to pay for his engine so I was nice enough to let him come pick up all of the parts he dropped off. He lost about $500 deposit, I refunded his crew chief $500 for dyno time. He came to my shop with his son, picked up his stuff, shook hands and agreed he was happy and had no problems with the deal and even signed a release stating this. A couple days later he was back to posting negative comments. That should give you an insight into this persons' integrity. His wife lost her job, her car broke down, thier washer and dryer broke at the same time, his son had to go to the hospital, and then needed dental work. I was understanding thru all of this but I would still not let the engine leave the shop without the remaining $7000 balance paid off. If that makes me an A$$hole with customer problems then let it be.

Like I stated earlier, I have 1,300+ very satisfied 4m customers, Over 75% of them are repeat customers, and 60% of them have purchased 3 or more times. I get 20-30 PM's and e-mails a week. Most of them will not post on here just because like I have said before, "My parts are the best kept secret in crate racing".

Your post about having other engine builders test my parts is not really accurate, I have 20+ engine builders buying in bulk. Engine builders that do not use my products are just missing out, although I have many of their customers purchasing from me direct and having awesome results running on their local chassis and engine dynos testing their own parts.

i use to enjoy dynoman's post,..even defended him some,...but then i started getting e-mails from lots of people with sad storys bout him,..then a few started putting there storys out here for every body to read with case numbers an links to legal judgments,..dynoman quit posting,....too dang'on much smoke for there not to be a good size fire!!! snake oil ant good for race motors,but thats anutter subject

Don't forget he posted that he had several cars in some races that finished in the top 3 or 5 and people that work on and own the cars said that they had never used or even heard of him. Then his excuse was that team members were buying the parts from him and putting them on the cars without the drivers, owners or engine builders knowledge!
    Facts are Facts You can say that you have junk on EVERY car the ever won a crate race and without proof it is only talk. You keep stating that you have all of these customers but when a name does slip out and someone who knows them asks they have never heard of you. When legal authorized crate engine rebuilders want to test your parts you refuse, then they want to buy them and you have a reason not to sell them. It is on here over and over and you seem to "get busy" and stop posting but the instant the forum is purged of old posts you pop back up.
    My personal favorite was when he posted that he had just purcahsed 10 sets of new "German" springs and was waiting to get them and process them to sell then as tehy were getting harder to find. Before that in the same post he said that there was no difference in the old and new springs and then after the post where he bought them the person who sold them posted a link where Dynoman had purchased 10 sets of use springs from him on E bay the day before.