Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question What is your opinion on this 1000 HP late model motor???????

EDGE Racing Engines, New for development for 2010, a
    1016 hp dirt late model engine. $35,000

LOL...What supposedly is in it and whos dyno did it do 1,016 HP? LOL

1000hp could be done with the right parts i would guess. cup cars are up to 860hp with 12 to 1 compression, 360ci, flat tappet cam and a cast intake with 1 4bbl. imagine what could be done with no compression or ci limits? i would think it would take alot more than 35k though to get it done.

1000hp?! whatever car it goes in is gonna need three things...

1. some dang big tires
    2. a dang big spoiler
    3. a driver with some dang big stones!!

That would be Chris Rhodes, don't be afraid to give him a call and ask questions. He has been working/ designing that combo for awhile and has sold atleast one of them I know. Been awhile since I talked to him, he only lives 20 min. from me.
    Josh K.

Late model engine builder 3 years running, Cornett's used engines are going for 28K.
    I just wonder how driveable the Edge engines will be.

With the new wide bore spacing blocks and R heads it would be easy to get over 1000 H.P. but it would be unusable at all but the best tracks
    Hendren Racing Engines
    1310 U.S. Hwy 221 North
    Rutherfordton North Carolina 28139
    828-286-0780
    www.hendrensracingengines.com

heres my stance on the issue ...... how many world of outlaws titles have been won using edge power ??? Why on earth would someone pay almost cornett dollars and more than clements dollars for a no name motor when the other guys have proven themselves for years at the highest levels of the sport.. Do your self a favor and just call cornett

The engine I know of will be used at Port Royal speedway, a big!! 1/2 mile you can use it all there. How many engines does Cornett do a year? How many employees? Edge Employees=2 including Chris. Your only paying for the big name to be on the valve covers, there stuff blows up just like the next guys.
    Last edited by fast_crew; 01-25-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    Josh K.

My point is hes asking cornett money for a motor, but he isnt cornett. theres more than just a name on the valve covers. Unless there is a signifigant savings by going to the lesser name builder then theres no point. Would you pay the same money for a corvette z06 as you would for a new ferrari 458 ?? I mean hell its just a name on the rear bumper.... why buy a rolex when you can get a citizen its just a name right ? how many people would buy the citizen if it was the same cost as a rolex ?? because thats pretty much what you taking about here.

Sounds like cornetts your hero not his...buy the way who is he...

If I was gonna spend that much...

It would be ....ECR

Take a look at the May 2010 issue of Race Engine Technology which features a super very detailed article on ECR dirt late model engines and their philosophy on usable power, engine size. Very interesting opinions by ECR engineers.

Unhappy

The influence of Nascar is gonna kill this kind of racing. Soon, all DLM engine builders will be swallowed up and forced to follow the corporate line to survive. You will only be able to buy/lease engines from the "Big Boys". What a load of crap.
    We are Cardinal Nation! Go Cards! Albert who?????

WHere can you get these Race Engine Tech. mags. besides from them for $20us thats nutz!!
    Josh K.

The edge 1016hp engine is a big block. But bill is right with this new 4.500 bs engines there is a good bit of power there

Think 550 cu in , not 500.we have worked out the combination,did that when the Dart billet blocks first came out. the $ 17000.00 block cost put the skids on the project. It was to be a house car engine with 14.0-1 on E-85
    Same engine with higher comp on race gas would make 1000 on a bad day. I would still like to build the engine in the lower compression ratio,if someone wants one that will pull a locomotive
    Hendren Racing Engines
    1310 U.S. Hwy 221 North
    Rutherfordton North Carolina 28139
    828-286-0780
    www.hendrensracingengines.com

bill is close. its a 560ci big block.

You sure that it is a big block? It looks like a Dart 4.50 bore space SBC...No body in their right mind wants that big heavy recipricating weight of a big block. A 1,000 hp big block is no big deal. Been around for a long time..I think it is one of the new large displacement small blocks....Might be wrong...

its alcohol fed small block...
    Dont no where Id use it ..But Id like to drop the hammer once
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2JEOyUI0zU

thats NOT a 4.5 bore spacing small block, look a little closer it has big block heads on it and yeslike you said 1000 hp out of a big block isnt any kind of record