Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

ya after a closer look...You are exactly right..BB heads...being they said dirt late model I figured small block..Wrong..lol
    Not that Impressive then

The are making a new block takes small block internals that uses big block heads special crank raised cam.

one them newer ls motors stroked out should pump out close to 1000 hp,...an id guess 8-900 foot lbs,...but gonna costs a lot if it go boom!!

Look at the intake in the picture and tell me what you notice. http://www.edgeracingengines.com/

Looks like a sb intake on a bb head. And back driver side bolt needs re-torqued.
    Last edited by runyou-2; 01-27-2011 at 08:47 PM.

The two runners are kinda close together, don't ya think? They are NOT in line with the ones on the other side either.

Omg its a god (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) big block, it was discussd on another page, it has big block heads, big block intake and big block valve covers !!!!! What sb chevy intake do you propose that is ??? its not a brodix 1010 its not a dart little cheif its not an sb2.2 and not one (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) peice of that motor even resembles an ls motor in any way shape or form. its a dam big block i beleive they said its a 540 cubic inch, and they beleive that this peice will revolutionize dirt late models even though a 9 degree bid bore is way lighter, accelerates way quicker, and will already over power any race track out there so please tell me how or why on earth the big block is a good idea ???

A guy at our local track runs a 572 ]crate motor from gm, and he runs well with it.I think they are around 730 hp or so.Doesnt seem like the extra weight hurts him a whole bunch.
    Last edited by turner; 01-28-2011 at 04:34 PM.

i think clanton ran one at wvms a few times this past season, ran up front every night, i believe best finish with it was 2nd place, 540" and if i remember right they said it was 40# heavier than a 430, and yeah, thats all big block

Edge Racing Engines might not have the big name but Chris has been building engines for 25 years. I also can garuntee they will offer any driver a great product and a great line of service you can ask any driver that has raced his engines.
    Ok I've personally watched this motor come together as I'm a crew member of Chris Rhodes. Chris has been developing this motor for years! He has done more R&D on this than probably any other engine builder has put in any motor. Yes it is a 560 Big Block and of course we all know big blocks can put out 1000+ HP... This engine has been designed to work in a DLM and be very productive for any racer. Most people say why would you want it when a small block is cheaper and getting the job done for years but when those guys are winning they are hooked up to the track and have it to the floor... why not want a couple hundred more ponies under the hood? This isn't nascar racing where speed is limited this DTR and isn't all about going FASTER?

If you have any questions about it call Chris his cell number is one the website he'll answer any questions you may have. Also more specs are to be on the website this week!

Quote Originally Posted by bushracing67 View Post
    i think clanton ran one at wvms a few times this past season, ran up front every night, i believe best finish with it was 2nd place, 540" and if i remember right they said it was 40# heavier than a 430, and yeah, thats all big block
    Clanton, may have run it once. Steve Francis ran a 504 there twice. The last race there that Pierson won, Clanton ran second with a SB2 Malcuit I belive. The track record was broke that night also by Shaver with a Dart headed small block Chevrolet which I'm sure was pretty big. This is one of the biggest tracks anywhere with long straights. The big blocks there ran decent, but didn't win any of the races.

shaver runs engines that are built by rumley(the car owner) but it all comes from clements

I was at Port Royal last night and watched this engine run. It was a test and tune ran after a full sprint show. On a less than ideal track surface Gary Beward ran track record lap times and was an average of 2 seconds a lap faster than the other cars. I talked to him after and he said it hooked up nice, drove well, smooth and pulled hard. I'm pretty anxious to see him race this weekend at Williams Grove possibly!

When you want to know go right to the source. I thought it might be an LSX similar to the project I was working on. NOT !!!

I called and left a message and got a call back in less than an hour. Chris was a super guy to talk to, it is a All Aluminum BBC -565" currently weighs in at 450# and over 1000HP / 825# TQ he is "right now" building a LW version with Titanium everything for $10K more ( $45,000 ) and it should weigh in close to SBC weight of 400#. This one is on alcohol, because cooling was a concern, and has a huge 1-BBL carb Pro-Systems Carb on it ( used to call them toilet bowls back in the day ), next one will be on gas. He thinks he can get a full season as it only needs to turn 8500 but will wait and see how the first one runs.

His experience and info is not just out of thin air as he has been building tractor and truck pull engine for 20 years and he knows what he is talking about. As far as comparing the money to what other engine builders charge I guess time and results will be the judge.

If I had a SLM I would be on this ASAP. Way cheaper than a BIG SBC and way more reliable cause the block and heads are built for 1000HP from the start. JMO.

Just thought I would get to the bottom of this cause that is how I roll.

your late to the party. i called him 2 months ago to get the info that i posted on 1-27. cause thats how i roll...LOL

SC5 - "bill is close. its a 560ci big block"
    Wow that is a detailed post, I did not see any reference to the engine builder or any other important information. Hey like you said, that is how you roll...UDAMAN !!! Your props...

I posted relevant information that racers were asking about and wanted to know, but maybe did not know the best way to get.

I was thinking this forum was to ask questions, find answers and distribute information for racers to use and learn with.

Anyway my original interest was related to the possibility of it being and LSX, as the one that I spoke about at length last year ended up winning pinks in GA by about 30mph on the top end, and that did not even have the multiple stages of blow running at that time.
    Last edited by dynoman14; 03-22-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

1. titanium parts are illegal in all the top series 2. i watch ronnie johnson kickass with a 525 crate motor at bulls gap. 3.why pay that kind of money when a bigger spoiler and a weight break will run circle around you.

there is maybe 5 race tracks in the country where you can use that much power. small bullrings out number big tracks 10 to 1 and it doesnt matter because in the summer months even the big tracks are going to be dry slick. went to the dream last year and the drivers couldn't touch the gas with out spinning the tires.drivers were qualifing with a big motor then switching to a small motor for the race.as far as titantium it doesn't matter if it frame, motor or rims its illeagel.the cause far out weigh the benifits.

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14 View Post
    SC5 - "bill is close. its a 560ci big block"
    Wow that is a detailed post, I did not see any reference to the engine builder or any other important information. Hey like you said, that is how you roll...UDAMAN !!! Your props...

I posted relevant information that racers were asking about and wanted to know, but maybe did not know the best way to get.

I was thinking this forum was to ask questions, find answers and distribute information for racers to use and learn with.

Anyway my original interest was related to the possibility of it being and LSX, as the one that I spoke about at length last year ended up winning pinks in GA by about 30mph on the top end, and that did not even have the multiple stages of blow running at that time.
    Since they pick a field of cars that run within a few hundredths of each other, how did he win by 30mph without being disqualified?