Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dynoman14 View Post
    I was thinking this forum was to ask questions, find answers and distribute information for racers to use and learn with.
    no, its turned into a big classified add for snake oil salemen with poor reputations.

Quote Originally Posted by 50j View Post
    Since they pick a field of cars that run within a few hundredths of each other, how did he win by 30mph without being disqualified?
    dynoman probably sold them a high tech traction control satellite device that fools timing and scoring sytems. his guy at the DOD probably helped him develop it in between building websites for liars.

It was probably an electronic ray gun that jammed the timing equipment and didn't show the 30 mph advantage he had. That was developed when he was the director of operations and lead engineer for NASA.
    Last edited by 50j; 03-22-2011 at 09:15 PM.

There are quite a few cars running with titanium rods...There is nothing in the rule book that prohibits titanium in engines. All we have are ti retainers, valves and keepers because we can't afford a set of the rods...

Haters in general have a problem with technology they don't understand and with folks that can work thru rule books with creative thought. Would you say a person was cheating if they fooled and engine dyno into making 100 more HP and won a contest doing so, or would you call it original thought.

That being said why don't all you geniuses out there tell me how to do it, because it can be done. Pretty easily as a matter of fact. You might have to actually work the brain to get there but we'll see what happens.

As far as the satellite info, I don't guess y'all know much about Delphi electronics and Hughes Corporation. Wonder if they make any parts for GM ???

Oh wait my keys are locked in the car, can you open it up for me and while your at it can you re-map my fuel curve as I am going to Denver in my CTS-V this weekend for a ski trip and I don't want to burn a titanium valve...

If you want to learn something join a "pay to join" F1/MotoGP forum, I am sure you computer geniuses can find one of them real easy...oh wait they are by invitation only, sorry.

SJ Dave,
    They group the cars by ET and not MPH and even if they did monitor MPH the car did not run out the top end of the track until the last pass. If you have ever drag raced you will know that a good 9.90 car can run 7.50's but is throttle stopped or stuttered back after the 60' mark and will still run 150mph and 9.90. A 1 second 60' time is a huge factor in the acceleration factor of a car as you can launch a pro-stocker and cut it after 100' and it will still run 10sec@100mph.

The group of folks testing, building and running the vette were smart enough to win by what they had to and did not show the top end charge until the finals and even then it went unnoticed by 99.9% of anybody there at the track or who watched it including you.

Truth,
    Best to call the engine builder but I can give you a short list that will save 20-30#...Titanium head studs and nuts, titanium rocker bars, titanium rocker shafts, titanium wrist pins, titanium main caps, titanium main studs and nuts and if you spend and extra $2500 you can take 15# off the block, and another $2500 will get you 5-10# off the crank. That takes care of most of the big stuff then on the rest of the small stuff you just grind off what is not needed.

I have a 4.5" BBC crank built by Larry at Kryptonite and it weighs 48# which at the time was about 20# lighter than what other folks were running. This thing ran in an ancient big IHRA engine that won the Fall Nationals at Bristol it was in a 598 with small EPD heads that were out dated. The thing only made about 1050HP but turned 9500rpm when the Sonny Engines were making 1250 but only turned 8500rpm. The other advantage was it had a 60' like an NHRA car with the added torque it had over the big engines and we loaded all them folks on the trailer that one lucky day about 20 years ago. Billy Ewing knocked Doug Kirk out of the Championship and Tricky Rickie won the deal by a couple points. Haven't done a big engine since then until the 500" LS project last year. SORRY got sidetracked again...

Anyway, wanna see LW...Go look at a Charlie Fisher Sprint car engine and then you'll learn about LW, ain't no studs or bolts hanging past a nut and all the nuts are 1/2 height, and the list goes on...and he ain't scared to run magnesium either. Mag pistons are about 30% lighter than alum as well as carbon wrist pins about 1/2 of titanium and not that expensive really.

As far as the satellite info, I don't guess y'all know much about Delphi electronics and Hughes Corporation. Wonder if they make any parts for GM ???

Oh wait my keys are locked in the car, can you open it up for me and while your at it can you re-map my fuel curve as I am going to Denver in my CTS-V this weekend for a ski trip and I don't want to burn a titanium valve...
    no fuel mapping is done via satellite. the pcm uses the baro reading to compensate for altitude changes and changes the fuel map accordingly.

also the lsa 6.2 engine in the cts-v does not have titanium valves...lol

if you actually knew what you were talking about people wouldn't "hate" on you so much.

the guy said titanium frame read lucas and woo rules all state no titanium frame or brakes or wheels. titanium cranks are outlawed in a lot of series.if you got to bolt on lite weight parts that cost like hell to get down to the pounds you need you end up killing the advantge of the horse power. the direction to save dirt latemodels is cutting cost not addding to them.

Haters in general have a problem with technology they don't understand and with folks that can work thru rule books with creative thought. Would you say a person was cheating if they fooled and engine dyno into making 100 more HP and won a contest doing so, or would you call it original thought.

That being said why don't all you geniuses out there tell me how to do it, because it can be done. Pretty easily as a matter of fact. You might have to actually work the brain to get there but we'll see what happens.

If you want to learn something join a "pay to join" F1/MotoGP forum, I am sure you computer geniuses can find one of them real easy...oh wait they are by invitation only, sorry.

SJ Dave,
    They group the cars by ET and not MPH and even if they did monitor MPH the car did not run out the top end of the track until the last pass. If you have ever drag raced you will know that a good 9.90 car can run 7.50's but is throttle stopped or stuttered back after the 60' mark and will still run 150mph and 9.90. A 1 second 60' time is a huge factor in the acceleration factor of a car as you can launch a pro-stocker and cut it after 100' and it will still run 10sec@100mph.

The group of folks testing, building and running the vette were smart enough to win by what they had to and did not show the top end charge until the finals and even then it went unnoticed by 99.9% of anybody there at the track or who watched it including you.

Truth,
    Best to call the engine builder but I can give you a short list that will save 20-30#...Titanium head studs and nuts, titanium rocker bars, titanium rocker shafts, titanium wrist pins, titanium main caps, titanium main studs and nuts and if you spend and extra $2500 you can take 15# off the block, and another $2500 will get you 5-10# off the crank. That takes care of most of the big stuff then on the rest of the small stuff you just grind off what is not needed.

I have a 4.5" BBC crank built by Larry at Kryptonite and it weighs 48# which at the time was about 20# lighter than what other folks were running. This thing ran in an ancient big IHRA engine that won the Fall Nationals at Bristol it was in a 598 with small EPD heads that were out dated. The thing only made about 1050HP but turned 9500rpm when the Sonny Engines were making 1250 but only turned 8500rpm. The other advantage was it had a 60' like an NHRA car with the added torque it had over the big engines and we loaded all them folks on the trailer that one lucky day about 20 years ago. Billy Ewing knocked Doug Kirk out of the Championship and Tricky Rickie won the deal by a couple points. Haven't done a big engine since then until the 500" LS project last year. SORRY got sidetracked again...

Anyway, wanna see LW...Go look at a Charlie Fisher Sprint car engine and then you'll learn about LW, ain't no studs or bolts hanging past a nut and all the nuts are 1/2 height, and the list goes on...and he ain't scared to run magnesium either. Mag pistons are about 30% lighter than alum as well as carbon wrist pins about 1/2 of titanium and not that expensive really.
    That is not how they do it on Pinks, and nobody would get away with that. Anyone who watches it knows that any competitor that picks up too much ET or MPH over the original numbers they ran when they were selected is too fast and gets a dq. If it's the best of 3 final round they lose that run. They run "all out" now and can't use a throttle stop or sandbag. They use standard timing equipment that shows ET and MPH, and if a racer deviates from it he loses.
    Last edited by 50j; 03-24-2011 at 09:57 PM.

dyno,..stead of peddlin dat snake oil,...why dont you write a screen play bout your life an times makeing horse power technology brake threws,...be kinda like a doc brown from back to the future crossed up with a smoky yunick wanta be.....throw in some on dyno explosions an irate racer's chasien you round your shop wanting there parts an money back,....hollywood would love it as a movie or a reality show....corse it all be fictitious,but hollywood can pull it off with special effects,..you do seem to be better at writing than saleing horse power,lolol just a thought mannn..lolol

Hey Dynoman, You have the wrong person...I never mentioned anything about any drag racing on this thread....and Tsand, re read the posts...the guy said frame, motor or wheels...Again, there is NOTHING in the Lucas Oil or WoO DLM rule books about titanium in engines...!!!

Not to stir the pot or anything, but just wanted to add that "Edge" builds engines for Jim Bernheisel @ Lazer Chassis. I don't have a problem with building BBC's for DLM if you can do it in a way to save on costs, but Titanium internals sounds like the wrong direction if your wanting to build more economical engines. Down here in Georgia there isn't a track I can think of that could use 1000HP or 800# torque, no matter who was wheeling it. Maybe the old Golden Isles configuration or Cherokee over in SC before they shortened it, but down south most tracks are short bull ring affairs more conducive to smaller HP with better drivability. Now I think you could build a BBC that puts out good power and would live for a season, but this package doesn't appear to headed in that direction. Good luck to Edge with 1016 HP @ $35K.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

SJ Dave, might have mis-typed your handle instead of 50j.

Does NASCAR quailfy for a full body race division? Last time I checked they have been running lightened blocks for 50+ years, I guess the 20 Compacted Graphite blocks I bought from HMS that are 60# lighter than a Uni-Boring stock block must be fakes... Same with Southern All-Stars, Woo and the list goes on.

As far as Drag racers running LW Steel blocks are a way of life there what do you think they have been doing for the last 50 years on steel blocks, There are probably 10 CNC shops out there that have programs for about $3k-5k that lightens up BBC Steel blocks 30-40# for divisions that allow it. As far as that goes, I was only reporting on what the engine builder told me and his numbers are in the ball park. Call him if you want to know more about the engine.

Of all of you engne gurus out there, tell me what part of an all aluminum big block do you think would be that much heavier than a SBC. Oh yea, and by the way, if you really want to weigh somthing properly, you might want to fill up those big water passages with water and then weigh them and see what you get. Just cause something is cast way lighter does not mean it will race lighter. Heads are a perfect example. Crankshaft?? I have a 42# 4.375" BBC Crank from Kryptonite and it is not even the lightest one Larry makes.

I guess I mis-spoke on the CTS-V valves, I was thinking about the race version...sorry, I know that will probably take my rep down a notch.

As far as the corvette win, I guess it was like man walking on the moon, maybe they shot that show in somebody's back yard and not at Commerce, GA. You ever think things on TV might be a little rigged to make the shows better, no I guess not cause some folks still think WWE is real...

DWB, thanks for the vote of confidence. The discovery channel has alredy been to my shop about 10 years ago and shot the first of all Race Reality TV shows, had a bunch of local dirt racers doing thier thing ( Grass roots of Racing ). They shot 3 shows at my shop and only aired the original as they did not have the budget to buy time for the other 2. They wanted to do a 12-16 show series but with ARCA Racing, Engine and car leasing, and the other projects I had going I would not have been able to meet their schedule for 12-16 consecutive weeks of filming.

Gotta run, have a fresh batch of snake oil in process that I have to get done. Customer from California is coming to pick-up 8 drums of it for his Offshore Boat engines. Man do I have him snowed, after racing for 20 years this guy and his million dollar operation runs my stuff over anything else just because it is so cheap at $150GAL.
    Last edited by dynoman14; 04-15-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Spelling

dyno wheres the pictures of your custom built clutches you been building for years??? I posted pics of the ones I had in my possession over a month ago.... lets go post them up..

Dynoman,since a lot of people on this forum are always calling you a liar when ever you post,why would you even waste time messing with them here? What i'm sayin' is....If you have the knowledge you profess,why aren't you registered on Speedtalk,ADVANCED TECH forum.There's some VERY interesting posts made over there and very seldom does someone doubt the other person because somebody will happen to know their connections and back him up.Very civilized tech talk.Even the same at Dartheads....the engineers from Dart always posting some very cool stuff they are working on.I just can't figure out why you would be here pissin' with some of these kids,if that's the case..

Dyno, I've been to a couple of the Pinks races. I've been in the pits, had friends on tv, etc. There is no way Paul could have gotten away with running 30 mph faster on that last pass or he would have been disqaulified for that run. Anyone who was there or who's seen that episode can tell you it didn't happen. Nothing personal, I enjoy the entertainment value of your posts. Keep 'em coming.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by runyou-2 View Post
    Dynoman,since a lot of people on this forum are always calling you a liar when ever you post,why would you even waste time messing with them here? What i'm sayin' is....If you have the knowledge you profess,why aren't you registered on Speedtalk,ADVANCED TECH forum.There's some VERY interesting posts made over there and very seldom does someone doubt the other person because somebody will happen to know their connections and back him up.Very civilized tech talk.Even the same at Dartheads....the engineers from Dart always posting some very cool stuff they are working on.I just can't figure out why you would be here pissin' with some of these kids,if that's the case..
    Good idea!! Try Yellow Bullet too.

I am very experienced how dynoman rolls, and I know of several others that have been, well, how do I say this, removed of their belongings and recieved nothing in return, yea, I guess thats the nice way of sayiing it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fwb35 View Post
    I am very experienced how dynoman rolls, and I know of several others that have been, well, how do I say this, removed of their belongings and recieved nothing in return, yea, I guess thats the nice way of sayiing it lol.
    few years ago when i first got on here,..i found dyno's post entertaining,...messaged with him a few times an he was helpful with some info,..but really pushing me to send him my carb....an money...hell didn't even have a carb yet....but then i noticed in most the threads he posted in he trying to sale parts or service,...nuttun wrong with that but seemed he was just using this site to promote his business,...then started noticing un truths in his post that other folks were quick to point out,...then the bashing started,...then folks started posting what he had screwed them out of,..well every body has a few unsatisfied costumers,...but then the unhappy list got longer,...then thay started posting court documents,an legal papers,..an links to court records,..all was left was a babbled bs line bout how he never did nobody wrong an it was all made up to make him look bad,...the hole time reputable builders on here offering to dyno his parts an products,even try to buy from him to test them to post on here there results,..but lil dynomo run off an stayed quite till thay reformatted this site,an all the old post were lost,...sure glade i didnt have any money for him to du me out off....

You are very lucky, I lost a lot, he also pushed me to bring him my engine, I did and never got what was agreed to, sure he talks the talk but with me never walked the walk. He always has reasons and excuses for his side of the story, but bottom line, I was taken and never got what was agreed to. Buyers beware.

Thanks for the recommendations, every time you guys jump all over my posts no matter how old they are, you end up kicking-up my business another 10%. I am currently maxed out but keep it up, I have hired out some of my Carb machining processes, I am small batching my oil 500Gal at a time now and am having my headers private label built along with the Ti Ceramic done outside.

I am a member on probably 20 other forums and am either dynoman14 or raceman14 on most of them. I have sold head machines and trained prolly 100 of the best head guys in the country and most of them still buy parts from me, custom designed seat cutters, or Custom Re-manufactured Serdi machines from me. I still sell a couple Serdi's a year for customers that want Perfection. I have included a list before but can update for anybody that really wants to know.

Like I said in a couple other posts, don't bring your stuff to me if you can't afford to pay your bills !!!

Frank, sorry I couldn't let you walk with a $20,000 race engine for $250 down, a broken plasma cutter and a junk generator I could not even sell at the pawn shop for $100. To be honest with you, the only thing you lost was your original $5k investment in the 603, and the $3500 you spent to blow it up.
    I guess the docs you signed at my shop, that you sent me regarding the parts you wanted back were not enough...were you expecting them to turn to gold in the 4 months you left them at my shop???

By the way you probably need to stick to fixing AC Systems instead of engine building as the Lunati Thumper cam and 1.6 rockers you put on the 603 were responsible for the complete destruction of your 603 you said you got ripped of on. You should always check valve clearance at TDC with clay prior to final assembly and use at least .125" Valve to piston clearance as a minimum on a hydraulic lifter engine. Missing those shifts will alway kill an engine, but then again who was the engine builder to blame on that deal???

DWB - Only thing I ever talked to you about was sending you a carb & computer designed cam for free to run my name on your car. When you never sent me you phone # or address I figured you worked out another deal.

To all the rest of you, I have over 500 happy 4m customers running my parts and only about 5 of them have ever posted, a couple with track record runs, first time poles and first time wins. I will continue to say I am the best kept secret in racing cause folks would rather keep their results on the DL. As far as shipping parts out to engine builders, I do ocaisionally ( RCR, Gibbs, Hutter, Katech, Lingenfelter and maybe another 20 other major guys I have sold machines to or done training in their shop ) as I have many large customers selling my springs, oils, ignition systems as their Private Label house stuff.

As far as proving the gains of $200 valve springs, unless you have a spin-tron with laser inferometry you won't pick up what my treated springs are doing. If you run them on an engine dyno or chassis dyno, output numbers will tell you the story. 100% of the customers that dyno them e-mail me back with dis-belief that making big power is as simple as that.

Too bad 99% of the racing world is ignorant to valvetrain harmonics and the causal effects and power losses it contributes to; but I do know the other 1% is happy to have my stuff.

My springs, retainers and locks have been on about 1/2 of the race winning cars in Fastrak, NeSmith and UMP. Other than that I just keep on kicking out about 30 sets a week and have them pre-sold for about a month in advance.

Thanks for the continued support !!!
    Last edited by dynoman14; 05-01-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Spelling