Default GEN-X left rear hike up

Can anyone give me an idea of how long of a chain to run on the left rear of a Mastersbilt GEN-X?

Thank You

I can't tell you how long the chain should be. But I run 13.25 +/- inch of drop

Quote Originally Posted by bizkit View Post
    Hey man! What the heck are you doing back on here!!! Good to see ya posting again.

Quote Originally Posted by bizkit View Post
    Is that measured from ride height, then measured again jacking the left rear ?

It should be 13" hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    Is that measured from ride height, then measured again jacking the left rear ?
    That is measuring between the reference points used for ride height, except doing it with the lr fully extended. Jack the chassis under the seat and measure between frame and axle tube.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That is measuring between the reference points used for ride height, except doing it with the lr fully extended. Jack the chassis under the seat and measure between frame and axle tube.
    Actually the car should be sitting on jack stands with the rear hanging on both sides. It should be between 12 3/4 - 13 1/4. Driver preference and track conditions will determine the setting that you need only trial and error will give you the true answers you need.

Quote Originally Posted by mab18 View Post
    Actually the car should be sitting on jack stands with the rear hanging on both sides. It should be between 12 3/4 - 13 1/4. Driver preference and track conditions will determine the setting that you need only trial and error will give you the true answers you need.
    Correct. People use different methods to measure as well. If you let both sides drop, the measurement needs to be closer to 12.5. If you keep the rt side near ride height, then you are looking at more like 13.5 Jacking the car should be more repeatable for people with different types of shocks.

According to Ray Cook, with Keith and Tater listening, you need four inches of slack in the chain at ride height.

How do you measure that slack?...Racer10 I measure mine the way mastersbiltracer said!!

Ego, wassssupppp...haha

Yes measuring slack could be hard especially with ride height variations.

add 4 inches to your ride height and that should be your droop with both wheels hanging

Default Lol.....

With standard bar lengths, and rods in the 3rd and 5th holes. (std). Bar length and position will change the measurement. JMO....Shockman