Default Mounting door panels for easier cleaning

Do any of you mount your door panels with fasteners so they can quickly be taken off for easier cleaning?
    Thanks,
    Zoom45

My starboard-side door panel is removable, makes both cleaning and maintenance easier.

Been using DZUS fittings for years with no problems
    Lazer-10

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer-10 View Post
    Been using DZUS fittings for years with no problems
    We tried this and had trouble getting everything lined back up if we had to straighten any sheet metal. It ended up being more trouble than what it was worth for us but that was just our experience.
    We haven't had much trouble cleaning since getting a long wand for our pressure washer so we just rivet everything except for the fenders which are bolted on so we can get to the engine compartment easier.
    And we use the body bolts from All-Star to bolt our spring-steel straps to the aluminum angle.

On my modified, I just use standard GM body bolts with the U clips. Hook the U clips on the decking and bolt the panels on with the body bolts. Works AWESOME. Makes fixing a quarter panel at the track a breeze. Will never have a car without them again. This past year only did the rear quarters and right side door.

I have a small garage and taking the panels off really helps with maintaining the car. Really helps with washing as well. Like luna said wont have another car without them.

I use threaded inserts, fastenal ones are great so are local farm supply stores for getting them. I use a install tool from harbor freight that works well. I have used harbor freight aluminum inserts, but are much hard to install, very easy to over pull them down.

I use 1/4" ones, space like I would rivets along top of door, then use either oval screw head or bevel washer with machine screw. Very clean look when done, very simple to take on and off, easy to use all the way around. I then use 1/4" lynch pins on my straps at bottom of door, makes the entire sides come off in a min, easy to clean and work on.

Default Fasteners

Got any pictures showing how you have them mounted?
    Zoom45

dont have pics just use the body clips you will have to drill the hole in the deck a little bigger. to make it easier to get the bolt through especially after a couple run in's.
    here they are http://compare.ebay.com/like/2806215...=263602_309572 these r cheaper than the clips zero was refering to and r reuseable. i do like his lynch pin idea though

Here are similar ones to I use. Put them in flat top of decking, same spot I would use pop rivets.

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...action=product

They are not reusable, but work great, again an oval head or machine screw with bevel washer looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    Here are similar ones to I use. Put them in flat top of decking, same spot I would use pop rivets.

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...action=product

They are not reusable, but work great, again an oval head or machine screw with bevel washer looks great.
    That is what we use at work on all of our generator and A/C enclosures. I remember them being more expensive though. That link has made me rethink the Dzus buttons I have on the car now. We'll see how the season goes, I may be converting over to them. My question would be how well do they hold up when there is damage done to the panel? Do they "pop loose" real easy, and then have to be drilled out when they don't grip the panel anymore?
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

I have ran them 3 seasons total, and never had one come loose. I have had the bolt come loose if you don't use a washer, lock for oval head, or bevel for machine.

Harbor freight sells cheaper ones, and an insert tool that works well. There inserts are cheaper aluminum, so easy to over tighten when you install, but if you take your time then will install fine.

Those u clips will work on a mod, where you mount the door to the side, no top roll. If you have the top roll, and roll your interior down for a strengthen lip, the u clip will only work if you put your bolts through the side, not on top.

I would post pics if somebody wants to tell me how.

i just use a 5.0 mm body bolt with a nut that has a serrated washer made to it you can but them at fastenal i used a hundred of them on a late model and they do fine all for about 30 bucks and u dont even have to hold the nut on the back they will tighten without holding it
    You have to got to be FREAKIN kidding me!!!!!!!!!