Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Wink the wall

Quote Originally Posted by sclantonfan View Post
    no folks. NGS got a total of 152 truck loads of clay put in. The track was down to the bare bottom. Also, the track wall has been shortened because of this, even the back gate in turn 2 has a problem now. This will be an exciting year. everyone please come out.
    been at the track and the wall is the same height that it was when it all started with the new clay ,also fire Marshall came and checked the place out and said all was good to go !!!!!!!!!!!!
    race race race

They need to change some of the wieght rules in the limited class. the 2400 and 2500# rule sux. This rule should be 2300 and 2400#. I garantee there would be more cars there if they changed this rule. Nobody else around here runs that kind of wieght and it is easier to take wieght off then to put it on.

what about the cars that cant get that light it is not so easy for them, all a light car has to do is figure out where to put the weight then leave the clamps it would take 10 to 15 minuets to bolt 100# on a car. and most steel head cars would benifit from the extra weight for % reasons

Default ???

Boyds weight rule is 2300
    Cleveland weight rule is now 2300
    Tri County now runs on Friday nights also...

100 - 200lbs is "a lot" of weight to be bolting on....and probably "a lot" of cars that NGS is going to miss out on when it rains.....

If your car wieghs 2500# without bolting on 200 to 300# It is time to update.

2300 seems to be the standard everywhere. Wish NG was that way too.

the weight has been ok in the past whats the difference now ,you want to race with our rules then it is what it is till further notice .
    race race race

the car weighs 2430 ready to race with no weight driver is 300# but he is a pretty good driver. car weight is 2400 lbs after race so 30lbs not to big of a deal 130 real big deal but if u dont have 15 to 30 min on saturday to bolt 100 lbs of lead on mabie u should find a hobby less time consuming

Quote Originally Posted by m22crew View Post
    Boyds weight rule is 2300
    Cleveland weight rule is now 2300
    Tri County now runs on Friday nights also...

100 - 200lbs is "a lot" of weight to be bolting on....and probably "a lot" of cars that NGS is going to miss out on when it rains.....
    if u are running a engine to the max of boyds rules then it is not legal for north ga.
    if you run any head except a 200 cc head, then a tire that is not a spec 21 or a spec 55 at cleveland, guess where that puts u at. 2400 . if u are going to cheat by bringing a maxed out engine from boyds, might as well run a 406 then your weight at boyds is 2400, it is all ready illegal at nga so just sign in at 2400. if you are not legal it really doesnt matter does it?

Default ??

90% of the cars at boyds weigh 2300lbs.

There is not a racetrack around here other than boyds that you can run anything bigger than a 362 that runs steel head only rules. Most if not all of the guys that were there last week don't just run boyds every week which means they are under 362 cubic inches. So yes those guys have to add at least a 100lbs to go race on saturday at NGS or they can go to Cleveland or 411 or crossville or even Dixie and many other tracks without having to change any weight. I'm just agreeing that if the weight was 2300 or 2400lbs which is standard a few more cars might slip off and run there some. Like someone said on a previous post that I was reading, Looking at car counts from last year, I'm not sure I would want a weight rule keeping any race teams from coming to race at my track. There already behind on the payout to start with.....Why not get all the cars you can get whenever you can?
    Last edited by m22crew; 03-09-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: .

2400 ant to bad but dont like the 2500
    Last edited by racer99fan; 03-10-2011 at 07:35 AM. Reason: need it remove rong post

Senoia, Dixie, GVS, Cleveland are 2300 Lbs.

Talladega and Tri-County are 2350.

No Ga is the only not in line.

Can't even consider Boyd's because anything you want is legal under 362 cu in.

If you dont like the rules you dont have to come.
    Yes it would be nice to race at 2300 . It would be nice to win the lottery too

2300 is plenty enough weight, that 2500 pound rule is 20 years ago, thats is dangerous to pile that much lead on these cars today. pretty much everybody around is 2300 to 2350 and think i would stay in line with other tracks to try to gain some cars.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyracer39 View Post
    the weight has been ok in the past whats the difference now ,you want to race with our rules then it is what it is till further notice .
    I'm with you 99.9% of the time, but that rule is costing you 3-4 cars a week I'm guessing. Thats about 12-20 people in the pits or roughly $400 a night. That's like having second place money paid by doing nothing.

Looking forward to getting down there as much as possible this year.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    I'm with you 99.9% of the time, but that rule is costing you 3-4 cars a week I'm guessing. Thats about 12-20 people in the pits or roughly $400 a night. That's like having second place money paid by doing nothing.

Looking forward to getting down there as much as possible this year.
    you are probably correct ,but its not my decision only a little .
    race race race

Quote Originally Posted by STROUPES63 View Post
    2300 seems to be the standard everywhere. Wish NG was that way too.
    Why dont you talk to Timmy and make him understand it is for the good of the track.

This is another one of those things that makes no sense just like doing away with the econo hobby if everyone else runs at 2300 why does N GA have to run different wgts I know cars will come from Dixie if it rains out but not if they have to add 150 to 200 pounds which will totally screw up your set up without rescaling your car with Millwood being a racer it looks like he would get everything in line with other tracks bottom line it is gonna cost some cars which I do not see them being able to do.
    Last edited by RW57; 03-11-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    This is another one of those things that makes no sense just like doing away with the econo hobby if everyone else runs at 2300 why does N GA have to run different wgts I know cars will come from Dixie if it rains out but not if they have to add 150 to 200 pounds which will totally screw up your set up without rescaling your car with Millwood being a racer it looks like he would get everything in line with other tracks bottom line it is gonna cost some cars which I do not see them being able to do.
    we had rain outs from other tracks last year ,and we didn't change the rules then either ..........
    race race race

It would be nice if tracks would start using common sense.
    Action Figure Sold Separately !