Thread: advice?

Default advice?

I've got an opportunity to run an asphalt modified this year, and I have no idea where to start. I ran a dirt modified with great success for a few years, but I'm aware that the setups are completely different. So, the car is a 2006 ellis? Does anyone have any setup advice? I haven't seen the car yet, so I don't know much about it yet. I am supposed to be picking the car up this Thursday.

thanks in advance!

Start by Kicking Yourself In the ASS for wanting to run asphalt Sorry had to do that.... Have Fun

I ran a 2003 Ellis on a pavement track close to my house some in 2008/2009. I will try to find my set-up notes when I get back home this weekend. Ours was set up with the spring on top of the housing both sides, and a long 3 link (standard asphalt set up), with brake floaters on both side. We commonly ran 150+ lbs of LR bite. I would also advise talking to Steve Ellis. He is pretty nice, and will be able to give you the exact numbers to look for.

have you got a number for him by chance? thanks

I am working on that. I remember it took me forever to get a number for him. I will post it as soon as I find it.

thanks Ryan