Thread: Wheels

Default Wheels

Ok we are on 8 in rc4 hoosiers and our wheel rule was any 8 in wheel.. now the say we can run a 10 in wheel with a 50 pound penalty.. just looking for some opinions on rather the trade off would be worth it.. I will have to buy all new wheels so will it widen out a 8 in tire enough to make it worth it? Thanks all

same tires?just different wheel?

Hmmm... Don't know if I would trust an 8 in. tire on a 10 in. wheel?????

I dont think an 8" tire would seat on a 10" wheel without some hellacious air pressure forcing it! Not real safe IMO. Even if it did work the RF tire would roll right off the rim in the 1st corner. I would keep what youve been using.

I run a 8'' tire on a 10'' wheel ( D30 Hoosier ) with no problems at all.

we ran 8in towel citys on 10 in wheels for years never had an issue running or mounting. car felt more stable and worked better in traffic as well. we ran 2 and 3 in offset. had a 4in for track conditions
    the most peacefull time is sitting in the staging lane strapped in helment on and waiting for the green light to move on track.

We run 8" tires on 10" wheels all the time with no problems. Also, if you can ever switch to a wider tire, you can still run the 10" wheels.

Ran American Racer G60's on 10's the past two years. Work great. Did have one right front roll off on super rough track.

Lightbulb just curious

Im assuming your getting a lot less sidewall roll from the 8" tire on a 10" rim, more positive feeling/feedback from the tire? whats the dimensions on the tire?
    Just playin' in the clay

yes thats correct. Same 8 in tire just able to use a 10 in wheel. I just cant see where it would be worth 50 pounds.