Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by oldnelly87 View Post
    it doesnt matter what brand you buy as far as i know all goes trew the same forging shop
    This is not correct for several reasons, the most blatant of which are:
    #1 there are MANY off shore forging business and only a few USA/Canada based factories. The differences in them are HUGE.
    #2 the company that purchases the casting dictates the casting tolerances and the metal mix that is used in the casting, the tighter the tolerances and better the metal the higher the initial cost.

Even if a Dart and Pro Comp head came out of the same place it IS NOT the same part!
    Last edited by Egoracing; 11-20-2011 at 07:42 PM.

oldnelly, as far as chinese rods, yea they probably have 90% of them go through the same foundry.
    But you couldn't be farther from the truth on heads. Brodix has their own in house foundry. I know, I go there 3 or 4 times a year. When they develope a new product, it is done, cut up, and redone until it's ready to sell to the public, unlike other companies that are at the mercy of whoever they are farming it out to. TB

Quote Originally Posted by TBRE View Post
    oldnelly, as far as chinese rods, yea they probably have 90% of them go through the same foundry.
    But you couldn't be farther from the truth on heads. Brodix has their own in house foundry. I know, I go there 3 or 4 times a year. When they develope a new product, it is done, cut up, and redone until it's ready to sell to the public, unlike other companies that are at the mercy of whoever they are farming it out to. TB
    thats true on heads stuff like that im just meaning alot of ur eagle ,scat and that sort on ur bottom end are chinese made anymore thats why crank and rod prices have went down from what they used to be. but if someone was on a bugget and didnt have alot of money like alot of us races i dont see why they wouldnt work if u had them checked good. Alot of us are just out their to have fun and dont have big wallets like the guys running up front that out spends everyone to win like i seen one guy comment at about money. ive ran scat,eagle, manley and procomp ive had problems with all them and it all fell to bad machine work ive never seen one fail because it was a bad part it was either not enough bearing clearnce or it just wasnt put together right . but as far as heads ive looked in to the dart iron eagles and they will out flow the procomp heads.Theirs a race shop -machine shop on ebay that sells alot of blem and second dart heads that may have a wrong casting number or of that sort he sells them cheap ive bought an ran a set from him for 4 years. its terry rosebush motorsports here is the link for someone that doesnt have alot of money. i think u can get a bare set of darts in a pair for like 389dollars. http://stores.ebay.com/Terry-Rosebus...id=p4340.l2563
    Last edited by oldnelly87; 11-21-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Default inferior heads

Put those Pro Comps in a washing machine (jet sprayer for auto parts), gasket surface down, and see how many seats are still in place when they get to 180 degrees. TB