Default Left Rear 1/4 off =.3???

Richards done it at Screven tonight...was told Bloomer or Madden done it at GIS tonight and picked up .3 of a second.
    I see a rule in the making...
    Because this is the tech forum, what is it doing to the air to make the cars faster? Or...?
    Gill T. Azell

what exactly does 1/4 off mean?

It mean the LR quarter was about 75 percent removed. Trimmed way up. There video on youtube.

Sometimes guys do things like that to draw your attension away from thier real advantage.If it was faster it would have to be from downforce.These cars have so much power i don't see lower drag helping alot.Is it relieving the air that is trapped under the deck or extracting air at a faster rate to creat a lower pressure aera under the deck?Was it faster in the corners or down the straits.

more impressed with the guy steering the car into that stacker!

wondering if anyone has done any wind tunnel testing on this?
    CB

someone have any pictures or videos of Bloomer or Madden at GIS?

yep its been done.

thats a pretty tricky entry!

That can't be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    Sometimes guys do things like that to draw your attension away from thier real advantage.If it was faster it would have to be from downforce.These cars have so much power i don't see lower drag helping alot.Is it relieving the air that is trapped under the deck or extracting air at a faster rate to creat a lower pressure aera under the deck?Was it faster in the corners or down the straits.

That is what I thought. The whole idea of skirting on the right side is to keep the air on the top of the car as opposed to under it. It would be an easy test to simulate on the track at the next open practice. Go out one time with the car normal, next time out pull the entire LR quarter off.

But with that as the theory, what about all the stuff between the right side of the car and that removed quarter? Assuming the car is sideways and the air is moving from the inside of the right door to the left rear of the car. Wouldn't the fuel tank and rear end deflect most of the air?

It got people talking and thinking. Maybe that was it's sole intention.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

did some asking around and guys claim to be doing it to free the car up on entry. i guess the feeling is the lr grabs air when you throw the car and tightens it up. just what i've been told.

it is simple, any one that has ever been to a wind tunnel test knows u get the right side and nose sealed to the track and the left side up as high as the rule will let u to let out any of the air that gotten pass the nose or right side. for max down force u want no air under the car and as much packed on top as possible

Weather it aids the handling of the car or just a simple eye catcher to keep peoples eyes off the real secrets, I think it is ruinning the integrity of the late model division. If they are going to start removing body panels to go faster the they might just as well run a modified or sprinter. JMO.

if he pisses someone off, the target is quite visible..bye lr..

stewart supports the kidrocket team right and he has windtunnel and 7 post equiment access. they have done both I'll bet on that thats one reason the builders with nascar ties are doing so much better.

brian from xd-4 " causes an area of lower pressure under the deck helping to add downforce at the left rear spoiler. "

he told me that most of the air never even reaches the spoiler on top. so with that i'd say you might see more cars tearin the qtr off.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net