Default Integra Stealth Series vs New Afco Bulb shock

Anyone have experience with these? Which one did you like better and why?
    Last edited by fojtik83; 02-09-2011 at 07:47 AM.

As a budget racer, I really like the $150 Afco 24 series. With the Integra you will get a better build quality, but at a $325 price tag that's tough to swallow. Both are repairable, which is always a plus.

I never ran one of the Integras, but I don't see how it could be much better in performance than the Afco shock. You're paying more for durability than anything else.

What division are you running?
    Chris Budzban
    Budzo Designs
    http://www.budzodesigns.com/

I don't know about ther gas shocks but I've played with the twin tube shocks a little and the afco's and the integra parts enterchange.I cut an integra apart do to a bent shaft and put the piston and valve in a afco shock that was once a 73 now it's a 73-5 for the rf.I had it dyno'd to be sure everything would work right.

UMP, anyone have any knowledge on the new Afco's coming out that are supposed to be comparable to the stealth series?

I'm not UMP, but I'm familiar with the new bulb shock... It has a larger gas chamber then the standard 23/24 series shocks which reduces rod pressure gain. The bulb shock also has the ability to run a base valve as well... that allows for low gas pressure with out the worry of cavitation.

I asked Integra if they were going to build a Afco 24 style shock, as my class no longer allows multi-piece, bulb-topped shocks.

I was told that they are working on a comparable sealed gas shock, and hope to have them released by the end of the 2011 season. Hopefully they will be more affordable than their Stealth series equivalants.

Well from what I was told by Afco the new bulb style shocks will be $279 and $299 with a base valve. This is about $50 cheaper per shock than Integra. I this Fuqua is on them at Eastbay right now.