Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GIS Night One Updates....

I know its only 5:20pm EST but will anyone be doing updates for tonights action? With practice slated for 6pm does anyone have any car counts yet? How are the sky's looking??
    Got DIRT!

http://www.dixiedirttv.com/audio/live-audio.html at 630, all you gotta do is have an account to listen. account is free

schliepers twitter page says rained out

Cancelled due to fog.

Vision was no worse than a dusty track, the problem was there were no more than 50-75 people in the stands.

double header, they gonna try and start at 10

Quote Originally Posted by latemodel28d View Post
    double header, they gonna try and start at 10
    start at 10am tomo

I like that track but theyneed to step up their effort. There are several FREE ways to put information out to the fans. And they use nothing. People have to check driver websites, read chat sessions on audio broadcast pages to find out what is going on. Ridiculous. Their website has no info on the reschedule and/or cancellation, facebook page no info, and they don't use rainedout.com. It's no wonder no one supports that place on a weekly basis.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

It has been foggy all day though. It wasn't going to change.

I don't know how they are going to do all this racing tomorrow when they are calling fo 70% chance of rain during the day and 30% chance Sat. night. I know the fog might roll in later, but it wasn't very foggy at 6:30 when they sent us home. Disappointed

Due to the fact of fog rolling in we asked several drivers and they said that the fog was too thick to race at the speeds they would be going.

We will open gates at 8 am practice at 10 racing to follow.
    Then we will do our regular scheduled sat. Night show.
    Thanks for the patience everyone

what was the car count. thx

Quote Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
    what was the car count. thx
    I hope there is a sunday show !!!!!!
    What did the car count look like?

Around 50 supers

Tonight's cancellation was the biggest bunch of BS, but typical for Frankie and Golden Isles. The fog was nowhere near as bad as it was at Eldora last year and they raced. Redd Griffin knew rain was coming Thurs night yet he still tried to get in a show with a less than packed grandstand because he's a good promoter. Like dirtfan2757 said, tonight's show was cancelled because there was 70-75 people in the grandstands total. We walked in about 15 minutes before the cancellation and of course the ladies at the ticket booth said they were going to race. Frankie had no intention of racing because the track was never even packed in, he saw how sparse the crowd was, and knew he was going to lose his rear. A good promoter would've told his ticket booth to stand by and not let people in until they decided to make a go of it. I guarantee you he would've tried to race if he would've had 1000 or more people in the grandstands. Funny how us few people in the stands could look all the way across the track to the trucks on the outside of the backstretch and plainly see what they were which is at least 650 feet. I live less than 20 minutes from this track, have supported it for every SuperBowl of Racing, but I can promise you Frankie Lloyd has gotten his last $$ from me. Like someone else posted, no communication about what the rainout policy is. Look at the radar right now and see all the yellow on it and Ray Charles could see that there is no way you are racing at 10 am tmrw. Will we be able to use our wristbands from tonight for Saturday night's race if rained out tmrw morning or will you try to tell us tonight's race will be Sunday's race and screw us some more Frankie? Let the 75 or so of us that tried to support you in for tomorrow night's races with these bracelets. It's the least you can do if tomorrow day race rains out.

Good post Dale. Luckily I met 2 guys with a barrel and a fire. I stayed outside until they called it at 6:30. So Frankie don't have my money yet. This is some of the same stuff he did at the 10 days of Super bowl racing a couple years ago. I think I might go see the UFC fight on Sat. and then head to East Bay.

After the rainout at Screven we decided to head to Eastbay this morning where it was 80 degrees and sunny and saw some good modified racing. Sounds like we make the right decision.

Actually the decision had ZERO to do with how many fans were in the grandstands. I went to Grady after SEVERAL drivers expressed their concern with the fog. With the cold and the fog helmet visors fog and get moistened. The moisture gets between the tear-offs and visibility becomes next to nothing. I'm sorry that you are disappointed. The drivers' safety has to take precedent and when we have that many guys saying it is too dangerous we have to listen. If someone gets hurt because we try to push getting a show in - is it worth it? I can assure you Frankie was all about racing tonight. I am the one that went to Grady about this - they didn't come to me. We will do our dead level best to get in 2 COMPLETE shows this weekend. So everyone needs to lay off with the constant Frankie / GIS bashing. If you want to bash someone for tonights decision bash me or Steve Francis or Chris Madden or Earl Pearson or Brad Neat or Tommy Kerr or Steve Shaver or Clint Smith or some of the other few dozen that came to me about it.

BTW there were 44 SLMs signed-in. We will attempt to provide more updates here and on our FB page however please understand that I was without internet service today. BTW DirtonDirt.com is very up to date and the latest news (or at least the headline) can be viewed without a subscription.

Thats understandable, but the call should have came earlier before folks traveled to the track. The weather didn't change all day. It was cloudy, foggy, and at times misting rain the whole day.

Maybe today will be better.

I find no updates...if it is raining like the radar shows surely they will make a call soon..it is only 2 hours before hot laps...anybody?