Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    Head to Head with the SAS $10,000 to win race, nice.

Thats also the same weekend as the Skyler Trull Memorial/Carolina Clash event at Carolina Speedway

Smile U may be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bite me too View Post
    The races are hundreds of miles from each other. GIS won't lose but 2 - 3 cars, if even that, to the SAS races in GA/TN.
    Hey Bite Me Too, you may be wrong on 2-3 cars. You know many of the drivers north of Cleveland TN are not going to drive all the way to Brunswick, another 6-7 hours. Boyd's is 30 minutes from Cleveland, it pays 5k Friday night, Cleveland pays 10K Saturday night. Cook, C. Smith, S. Clanton, Erb will most likely stay closer. IMO, Owens will go to Boyd's and Cleveland. Who knows the 0 car may opt out for the much shorter trip.

we will see that weekend. i think boyds and cleveland win out.
    mind freak (chuck greer)

Unhappy

Definitely not a good weekend for racing in GA this weekend.

32 cars, skyler trull race which is a clash race, 4cars were clash regulars,28 cars, at least 7 cars from tenn or sas regulars 21 cars left if everybody else that was there shows backup. not a good weekend.

Also, the Gatornationals that weekend.

If any one is going to the event in march I have 2 pit passes that I paid $40ea for that ill take $25ea for. PM me if your interested.

I made the trip from Chicago to see Golden Isle and Screven races. Got heats in at Screven and it was a fun place so I have no complaints about that situation. However; GIS is another story. The promoter and staff flat out lied to us. We were first told that they would run the show Sunday if they couldn't get it in Saturday. They also said that due to our long travel that they would issue refunds to us if they didnt get in. Both never happened. Its only $40 so not end of the world but there were alot of people that paid that $40 and won't be able to make it back. My unique situation allows me to go back if I so choose but I feel bad for others that can't. I am however with the majority in thinking the show will be very dilluted from what was there and won't make a return trip.

Are plans were to run sunday morning if we couldnt run saturday. Most of the drivers wanted to leave sat morning and i asked them to give us until 3. By 3,45 the top of the track was almost ready and the rain returned and the forecast got worst, early sat we got together with some of the drivers and they come up with that date.as for the refunds we stayed in the office for 2 hours getting info from people that were from far away they will be getting a refund, i think it come up to about 4600 dollars. Ive never been to a track that refunded money, your armbands will be good anytime u come back. Im sorry we made so many people mad we were trying to keep the racers and the fans happy. Again sunday was an option but after talking to the drivers i dont think we would of any cars to race and everyone would of still been upset with us

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd21 View Post
    Are plans were to run sunday morning if we couldnt run saturday. Most of the drivers wanted to leave sat morning and i asked them to give us until 3. By 3,45 the top of the track was almost ready and the rain returned and the forecast got worst, early sat we got together with some of the drivers and they come up with that date.as for the refunds we stayed in the office for 2 hours getting info from people that were from far away they will be getting a refund, i think it come up to about 4600 dollars. Ive never been to a track that refunded money, your armbands will be good anytime u come back. Im sorry we made so many people mad we were trying to keep the racers and the fans happy. Again sunday was an option but after talking to the drivers i dont think we would of any cars to race and everyone would of still been upset with us
    I dont know where you are coming up with 3:45, the race was cancelled well before then, I was back at my motel before then, and cars was were already leaving before then. I went to the office right after the announcement was made over the PA system and was told by a woman and a guy in there, that there was not going to be ANY refunds. I can now see why this track has lost alot of the fan following, because it seems everyone associated with this place has a different story. I dont think I will ever come back to your track. This has got to be one of the worst ran tracks I have ever seen in my life.

Troy Hayden, Aiken, SC
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!