Default Eastbay not running

Sucks i was looking foward to seeing some illinois boys run. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) RAIN.......

Don't blame the rain. Blame the track owners. could have easily ran it tomorrow, same as we did last year. Guess they didn't want to have to payout.

Superbowl = no fans. I'd say prolly a smart business call but sucks for driver.

It wasnt smart business if they plan on having the race again.They didnt try to run a rain date and then told everybody too bad when they asked about the 150 entry fee that they had all paid.The entry fee was for a big race not for 2 qualifying races.A lot of guys traveled a long ways to run that race and had to turn around and drive all the way back home without a chance of winning some of their money back.They probably wont be interested in going back to that track again without a promoter change.

Probably the last Winter Nationals for the mods. With 80 to 90 % of the entrys driving 500 or more miles I'm pretty sure not enough will ever return to make this any kind of a major event. The promotor must not give a hoot about the mods or he would had a better plan incase of a rain out. I can't see why the mods weren't start around 10.30 Sunday and should have been over around 3.00 and still left time for late model practice .With the number of mods and mod lites and crew members in the pits , he had to turn a pretty decent profit of the lites and mods.

Got an idea... USMTS/USRA!

Look, UMP & DIRT have Late Models and Sprints as their top classes and east coast (some call 'em 'big block') Mods too.

At USMTS/USRA and SMP too, YOU GUYS are the show! Not second or third fiddle. Start looking at Texas in February 2012. May have an expanded 'Speedweek' schedule of our own next year and MODS WILL BE THE SHOW, not an afterthought!

If you can, and want to see what it's like to run USMTS, come to Houston's Royal Purple Raceway in 10 days or less, Feb 17th-19th, combined $7000 to win, 3 independent one-night shows. $2000, $2000 and $3000 to win.

Then head for Deer Creek, Minnesota on April 6th-9th where if you want, you can make it a two-day show on the 8th and 9th and still have a legitimate, equal shot at the pole just like the Wed and Thurs cars do. Oh, yea, it pays $20,000 to win too!!! $150,000 total purse just for Modifieds!

Thumbs down

Al ripped all the drivers off ..........he took $50 each X 62 drivers for transponder rental , i'm not sure but I would bet he got that from all the(60 ?) mod lites to . Depending on the time they entered .....i'd say he averaged $125 entry fee from the 62 mod drivers ....again not sure on the mod lites ........avg. crew of 4 for say 120 mods/mod lites at $25 a pop for 2 nites ....$12 each on top of that for practice nite for prolly 80 mod/mod lites ......... the cocessions with beer sales , the makin you buy "their" bullchit $70 pr. mufflers , $15 half hour car washes from where Al makes the track a hog troff each nite , $25 concrete rental pads to park on a nite , heard but not confirmed $10 a nite for leaving your toter in the pits all nite , every time you turned around he dollars you to death for somethin ............said he lost his @ss last year runnin it on Sunday .......do the math .........that's over $30,000 not countin the unsure of mod lite transponder rental , concession/car wash/beer sales/rental pads ........ well I think he laughed his @ss off all the way to the bank this time especially after only paying the two $1500 to win shows X two purses and not havin to pay out the $5000 nite even though he took everybody's money for most of the weekend . SHAME ON YOU ! Volusia bound next year for us !

Quote Originally Posted by Great182 View Post
    Al ripped all the drivers off ..........he took $50 each X 62 drivers for transponder rental , i'm not sure but I would bet he got that from all the(60 ?) mod lites to . Depending on the time they entered .....i'd say he averaged $125 entry fee from the 62 mod drivers ....again not sure on the mod lites ........avg. crew of 4 for say 120 mods/mod lites at $25 a pop for 2 nites ....$12 each on top of that for practice nite for prolly 80 mod/mod lites ......... the cocessions with beer sales , the makin you buy "their" bullchit $70 pr. mufflers , $15 half hour car washes from where Al makes the track a hog troff each nite , $25 concrete rental pads to park on a nite , heard but not confirmed $10 a nite for leaving your toter in the pits all nite , every time you turned around he dollars you to death for somethin ............said he lost his @ss last year runnin it on Sunday .......do the math .........that's over $30,000 not countin the unsure of mod lite transponder rental , concession/car wash/beer sales/rental pads ........ well I think he laughed his @ss off all the way to the bank this time especially after only paying the two $1500 to win shows X two purses and not havin to pay out the $5000 nite even though he took everybody's money for most of the weekend . SHAME ON YOU ! Volusia bound next year for us !

I think we should all boycott East Bay. If I can I want to try and get some extra sponsors together to get the pay up down there at Volusia for that week. That way drivers who can only go down one week have more of an incentive to go to Volusia.
    CLICK HERE to see how you can win a turn key Rocket XR1!