Thread: radiator

Default radiator

how are the late models mounting there radiators and where do u get the long springs. some pics would help also.

Mine just sits in saddles on the bottom. Here is a link for all the radiator hold down parts.

http://pitstopusa.com/c-134707-cooli...-brackets.html
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

any pics anyone

it's not easy to post photos anymore and most like me don't want to screw with it now.

You can get the long springs from your local big truck supply store. Throttle return springs for a old International work just fine

Use threaded rod instead of the long springs. On a rough track the rad will move around with the springs. My friend had springs and the fan went through the rad because of the springs.

1/4 threaded rod works fine.

This is my first year racing and my first time putting a late model together, I have a 05 rayburn and I used 2"x14"x1/8" aluminum flat bar for my straps to support the top of my radiator (I bought a 3 foot stick of it at tractor supply co. for like $12)...I found a peice of aluminum channel that was wide and long enough to sit inside of the top part of my radiator and I riveted the straps to the radiator, leaving around an inch or so hanging in front of my radiator so i could have somthing to hook my springs into...as far as the springs go, I found some at my local parts store, I know advance auto parts has like a 6 pack of those long springs for like $8. make sure you put around the same amount of tension on both springs. Hope this helps!