Default question about a brinn

Looking at buying a brinn tranny, had a few questions about it though, Is it the same length as a saginaw 3 speed? can you use a stock bellhousing on it?

Default trans info

i do know that the brinn transmission will work with a stock bell housing. as for the comparison of length between it and the saginaw, i cannot say forsure if they are exactly the same length, but they are pretty close.

we have used brinn transmissions for many years. if buying this unit used, be sure to thoroghly inspect the tail section, especially the rear seal seat, for cracks in the casting. yes, it can be repaired by a quality welding technician, but in my experiences, fluid tends to seep through the casting in the area of repair.

Yes they are the same length.

I have a bert and it is the same as the saginaw. I thought the brinn was different by a couple inches, don't remember if it is shorter or longer.

thanks for the replies, One more question, Would a brinn be a better choice than a falcon? Thanks

falcon parts are cheaper then a brinn or a bert from all the sources that i've checked into.brinn is the highest price on average for parts

brinn is same length as saginaw, muncie and powerglide, falcon is same length as well. Bert is about 2in shorter i believe. Stock bell will work with stock flywheel and stock starter. On the falcon vs brinn if you buy a brinn you wont have to worry about the parts prices they rarely break unless you toss a driveshaft or something. See way more problems out of falcons and berts spend the extra 2-300 for the used brinn and gitrdun the first time

Powerslide is right. Bert is 2 inches shorter. Falcon and brinn are same as saginaw. Brinn is smoother shifting too..