Thread: Black streaks

Default Black streaks

I bought a used trailer that is white and has black streaks down it.I got black streak remover from our local Rv dealer but it didn't help.anyone had any luck getting this off with out useing compound?
    Thanks in advance.

youll have to buff it but it will come off. dont use rubbing compound it will burn right through because there is not much paint on those panels.get a foam pad and an adjustable buffer and some really fine compound (like perfect it 2 from 3m)then polish wax it

Take it to a large truck stop that washes tractor and trailer and have it acid washed the white will look new

try simple green.. spray it on.. scrub lightly, let set a couple minutes, put some elbow in it..rinse

Default Black streaks

Guys thanks for all the help

Wd-40 works well

You might try some Hand Cleaner.I have removed some stubborn marks on the racecar with it before.

Default trailer cleaner

Get Awesome cleaner at Dollar General or Family Dollar,cheap, using a pumpup sprayer, wet one panel with water and spray it and scrub with towel, works well and cheap enough

If it is just regular old grime streaks....you can't beat Westly's bleech white or Zep gp degreaser cut with water on white surfaces.

Has anyone had any luck cleaning the streaks off a red trailer?

When I was back in high school, an older gentleman had me clean his travel trailer which he took to Florida every winter. The first time, I tried using soapy water, then Simple Green, and all the other suggestions mentioned here before. Then the following winter, while in Florida, he discovered this stuff:

http://www.cleanyourtrailer.net/index.html

That sh1t will save you time, money, sweat, cursing, etc. It is the best, hands down.

Try a miracle sponge, not saying it will do it for sure but my wife proved it will wipe sharpie off of a white aluminum panel. The bad thing was it came off pretty easily.

I use lucas oil polish works good

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CFYQ8wIwAg#

Use Ex-its. Best stuff on the market. Take a bug/weed sprayer, spray the trailer, power wash off. Also great for tires. I can get you a great price on a 55 gall on drum if needed.

I 2nd the AWESOME motion from Dollar General. $3 and a few hours of lite elbo grease will clean a 32' enclosed back to new white. Another couple hours and a little wax she look like new. If you try to buff it off you will intomb it in the paint and it will be dark white then. I have 2 white 12 year old enclosed trailers and they both still look AWESOME thanks to the dollar store.
    Last edited by 1Blacksheep; 03-20-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    The Blacksheep cometh ! With old bent sh!t that just keeps getting faster !