Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    Internal pressure capability of a line and the ability of a rock to nick it are two totaly different things, the nylon can handle 2000 psi also but again can be nicked.
    As for the second line, you are not supposed to use flairing tool on brake lines you are suposed to use a double flairing tool to fit the ends that are made for it. The double tool uses a different angle.
    A double flaring tool is a flaring tool.

Who cares
    Last edited by stock car driver; 02-23-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    As for the second line, you are not supposed to use flairing tool on brake lines you are suposed to use a double flairing tool to fit the ends that are made for it. The double tool uses a different angle (45 degrees when a regular flare tool is 37 degrees) and you can easily screw them up if you do not know what you are doing with them.
    i assumed you knew i was talking about a double flare 45 degree tool for brakes..my bad.

as far as the double tool using a different angle than the single flare tool, that is wrong..they make double and single flare tools in both 37 and 45 degree. the 37 degree is the standard AN flare.

after all of this i can see why that make plastic brake line kits..for people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post

after all of this i can see why that make plastic brake line kits..for people like you.
    Thats awesome!! Luke I sent you a message on here about the chassis chad got from you. I think you need to click on your name to get it?

You answer questions like everyone knows what you are talking about, you repeatedly said flare tool and that is NOT correct and someone reading that didn't know better would go get one and use it. Do you have any idea how many different diameters and thicknesses there are on "standard" steel lines??? Didn't think so, get the wrong one and your double flares will be junk.
    I guess people like me are the same reason that nylon is used in Indy and F-1 and on 99.9% of the dirt late models and modifieds, because we are intelligent enough to know how to run it without having any issues.

seems like 99.9% of people know that when i talk about a flare tool in a post about brake lines that i am refering to a brake flare tool. congratulations you are the .1% that didnt comprehend. just read the post slower next time, let it sink in.

p.s. like i said before if all else fails you can buy premade lines with proper double flares and nuts already done for you. this may be the route to go for someone like yourself.

I have installed in on asphalt and dirt cars since the mid to late 90's. It takes about 1 minute to make an at the track repair in the line that would require a new steel line.

Quote Originally Posted by amish119 View Post
    I have installed in on asphalt and dirt cars since the mid to late 90's. It takes about 1 minute to make an at the track repair in the line that would require a new steel line.
    I have never repaired a steel line at the track.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

thanks to the bots for the bump from 2011