Default stock intake ????????

i have the 249 intake on my 355 now and have a 360 i am looking to put together as a back-up. i have a friend with a cast iron intake with the square bore holley flange.

whitch is a better intake the 249/250 intake, or the duel plane holley flange one?

i cant find any info on whitch of these is better or flow charts on them. any help or info would be great. thanks guys.
    the most peacefull time is sitting in the staging lane strapped in helment on and waiting for the green light to move on track.

250 is the good intake.

square flange holley is a 2 barrel intake with that flange on it, the runners and internals are the same as a small 2 barrel...

Are you allowed to modify the 250 intake, Ive got some that will make 20 more hp at least!

i looked today it is the 250 intake on my 355 the only work allowed on the stock intake is opening up the quadrejet holes to have 2 peanut shaped holes. it still has to have the devider in the middle.

i thought the holley flange cast intake was a 4barrel intake. i have not seen it he just called to tell me he had it.
    the most peacefull time is sitting in the staging lane strapped in helment on and waiting for the green light to move on track.

Quote Originally Posted by fattboyee View Post
    i looked today it is the 250 intake on my 355 the only work allowed on the stock intake is opening up the quadrejet holes to have 2 peanut shaped holes. it still has to have the devider in the middle.

i thought the holley flange cast intake was a 4barrel intake. i have not seen it he just called to tell me he had it.
    The holley cast intake has holley 4 barrel bolt pattern BUT it is just put on top of a poor flowing 2 barrel intake. Its not going to flow as good as your q jet intake.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    The holley cast intake has holley 4 barrel bolt pattern BUT it is just put on top of a poor flowing 2 barrel intake. Its not going to flow as good as your q jet intake.
    Just wondering...Where did this info come from? Have you cc'ed or flowed both of them? Or an observation of runner size? Curious...would like to have some #'s to back it up if you can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks
    Gill T. Azell

Straight from my carb guy who has flowed them etc.