Default Rj leads slm power rankings heading into south georgia

RJ LEADS SLM POWER RANKINGS HEADING INTO SOUTH GEORGIA

(02/01/11) --- It should come to no surprise to anyone that followed 2010 that, "the man, the myth, the legend" (to quote many racing fans) RONNIE JOHNSON is back on-top the SLM POWER RANKINGS, after only the second race of the 2011 season. RJ won 12-times last season in rankable/paying $3,000 or higher Southern REGION events, garnering 8-other Top-5 finishes. The familiar black and red glazed # 5 "Simmons Lawn Care, VP Racing Fuels, NeSmithNow.com, Appleton" sponsored MasterSbilt driver led all 40 laps at Boyd's Speedways CABIN FEVER event this past weekend and even topped a stout Crate LM field for an $800 payday. Johnson garnered a Top-5 in the 1st race of the season a few weeks back at the ICE BOWL, where SHANE CLANTON (whom primarily run the National circuit) picked off a $6,000 payday. Turning towards South Georgia, SLM's will head to Screven (GA) Motor Speedway for a Thursday night (2/3/11) $10,000 to-WIN unsanctioned show, the night before the SUPERBOWL of RACING's events kick-off in the coastal town of Brunswick, GA. Runners up of the first two events of 2011 DILLON CRIM and RAY COOK are currently seeded 2nd in the Top-5 standings, while Neil Baggett and Riley Hickman sit tied for 5th in the overall rankings. Big talk on the internet boards have Toccoa, GA racer CASEY ROBERTS expectant of victory lane soon. Local ace CHELSEY DIXON of nearby Swainsboro, GA is still a dark-horse too. Some Lucas Oil series and World of Outlaws LM series competitors might be sitting out this pair of South Georgia events, in preparation of SPEEDWEEKS / WINTERNATIONALS that kicks off their respective tours Monday in Tampa, before concluding near Daytona.

Driver Car # Hometown Total …
    1 … 3 … Ronnie Johnson # 5 … Chattanooga, TN 55 PTS.
    2 … 1 … Dillon Crim # 07C … Talladega, AL 25 PTS.
    2 … … … Ray Cook # 53 … Brasstown, NC 25 PTS.
    4 … 2 … Neil Baggett # 21 … Shannon, MS 15 PTS.
    4 … … … Riley Hickman # R1 … Ooltewah, TN 15 PTS.
    6 … … … Lamar Scoggins # 32 … Cleveland, TN 10 PTS.
    7 … … … Rick Hixson # 16 … Soddy Daisy, TN 5 PTS

After reading the above post I was expecting RJ to be at South Georgia (Screven) don't believe he was there!!

sorry about the confusion CASTONE - it was meant that he leads the SOUTH RANKINGS only - I dont expect nor do I predict who will be where or when

he leads points in the first 2 events TOP-5's is all

Steve - I understand, hope we have a great Dirt Track Racing Year !!

Everyone loves my "man, myth, legend" quote. I should have copywrited it. Seldom does a race weekend go by without someone posting it. Nice start to 2011 for Ronnie.! See you at Boyd's soon.

Quote Originally Posted by castone View Post
    After reading the above post I was expecting RJ to be at South Georgia (Screven) don't believe he was there!!
    He must have been at East Bay!