Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

and also back in the 50s,60s and 70's only a few guys were winning ALL the races. Dale Jr said during qualifying that at least 30 cars can win nowdays. As far as the guys being tougher with bigger balls. I call bullsh&t. The drivers nowdays cant even see where they are driving. They are strapped in a cage with only forward vision at over 200 MPH, not 50MPH like you see at local sh*t tracks. Stewert didnt even want to get into the lead pack on the first twenty five laps because his radio was out, even though he had a fast car that could of won. Too dangerous. Carl Edwards said he was shaking, and his hands were wore out from holding onto the wheel so tight. People are just jelous and dont want to admit that nascar is the premier racing and that dirt tracks all over are turning to sh
    3t holes. Tracks just worry about the money and not track prep. They let the tracks go to one groove. Let the fans complain, and same thing the next week. Its getting rediculous. This is going to be the best year for Nascar.

The problem is...You and the other guy on here aren't filling the stands though! Oh....what happened?
    See what im' sayin'? Nascar has lost all their fans that used to go to watch a RACE ,not pick a guy and follow him for three of four hours....that's not racing.They used to come into turn three at Daytona four and sometimes five wide,if you sat in the infield and watched that live i would bet you would change your mind about this bullchit that's causing them to go broke.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 15jr View Post
    Oh I imagine you are going to get your wish for a change, before the 500. They are complaining the speeds were to high. There is no way the 500 will not turn into a salvage yard. I didn't see any wild driving but still half the pack was knocked out. I understand they have a little to learn about this style of racing but its going to end badly I believe. Hey at least it was more entertaining than the ARCA race. That was a real snoozer.

Gotta agree. What a pathetic excuse for a "race". Beuscher (sp) was never gonna make a move. I told my wife that he would rather finish 2nd than try anything with 20 laps to go. The accidents didn't even make it worth watching.
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by runyou-2 View Post
    The problem is...You and the other guy on here aren't filling the stands though! Oh....what happened?
    See what im' sayin'? Nascar has lost all their fans that used to go to watch a RACE ,not pick a guy and follow him for three of four hours....that's not racing.They used to come into turn three at Daytona four and sometimes five wide,if you sat in the infield and watched that live i would bet you would change your mind about this bullchit that's causing them to go broke.
    You must of been playing a video game or something? Theres no possible way they could go five wide. Back in the day or whatever you keep talking about they never done it. Are you kidding me, the track isnt wide enough. They have a hard enough time going 3 wide. As far as the fan base being low, wheres your facts at? Just about every race looked sold out. Maybe not the Busch series. Stay at your local dirt track and keep arguing with your self and your dirt filled beer. Show me proof of 5 wide at Daytona without a wreck like your implying. Theres no way five wide in a corner without wrecking. They might go four wide on a restart going down a straightaway.
    Last edited by stevekinserfan; 02-15-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekinserfan View Post
    You must of been playing a video game or something? Theres no possible way they could go five wide. Back in the day or whatever you keep talking about they never done it. Are you kidding me, the track isnt wide enough. They have a hard enough time going 3 wide. As far as the fan base being low, wheres your facts at? Just about every race looked sold out. Maybe not the Busch series. Stay at your local dirt track and keep arguing with your self and your dirt filled beer. Show me proof of 5 wide at Daytona without a wreck like your implying. Theres no way five wide in a corner without wrecking. They might go four wide on a restart going down a straightaway.
    See....See what i mean?If some of you little kids actually watched a race LIVE when they used to get it,you would change your mind.I swear to you i have seen them go into turn three at Daytona Speedway four and,nosing in which i call it five wide.That's the problem with some of you little kids,if you wasn't born and didn't see it you think it didn't happen.You don't even know what racing is about do you? I'll say one thing tho....they have made it so little kids like you can steer it around the track and not have a nut between ya.....lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by joedoozer View Post
    I don't agree with a lot of things NASCAR does, and it does bore the crap out of me. But I watch it....because its the only thing on. If Versus ran a dirt race opposite of a NASCAR race on Sunday, I think we all know what show we would be watching.

I think this fuel injection idea is being pushed by the big 3 car manufacturers. People look at Nascar as high performance, yet nothing on those cars are on the one they buy at the dealer.

To compare Nascar to what we watch at our local tracks is pointless. It's apples and oranges. No one would look at a cup car and a dirt late model and think they were the same. So why would you expect the same kind of racing? Cup cars are heavier, less horsepower (sometimes), smaller tires, different track surface and stricter rules. And all but 2 of the tracks they run are larger. So why would you expect the type of racing?

And for the people complaining that 10 cars finished from the 24 that started...... I did a google search for Nascar 1960's race results. Here is the first link I clicked.
    http://fantasyracingcheatsheet.com/n...uthern-500/674

48 cars started and only 17 finished the race (I know it was a longer race). And 2 (yes I said 2) cars were on the lead lap. I don't see how anyone could say that is good racing. Who was the leader actually racing with. You can click around on that site and get more results from other tracks and years. And it's all pretty much the same. Never more than a handful of cars on the lead lap.

I don't think the racing has ever really changed. I think our standards have gotten higher and the racing just doesn't meet them anymore. We go to our local tracks and see 1 good race a month (be honest some of them are crashfests). And we expect to see it all the time.

I am not bashing anyone on here, not at all. I agree with almost everything you guys have said. Something needs to be done before network TV drops them and we are watching races on the History Channel. But to say it was better or different in the "old" days, just isn't true.

wonder if the big 3 wanted to C.O.T. bodies too ? along with certain springs , gear ratios , air pressures , size of the fuel cells , the splitters and the rest of the cookie cutter specs nascar has mandated over the last 15 years. face it , nascrap is ruining racing just like ump is. fans are dropping like fly's and going some where else.
    it would be nice as dale said , take off the restricter plates and go race. a true racer knows just how far to push it before he crashes or kills himself . i heard one commentator say he was for the yellow line because it made it safer and the fans have to be protected.. i dont know where he was the last 3-4 years when edwards almost went thru the fence because they cant use all the track when they are out there playing bumper cars !! theres been more crashes because of this choo choo racing than ever.
    One's Life isn't about ability or disabilities , It's One's Love

Quote Originally Posted by bite me too View Post
    Gotta agree. What a pathetic excuse for a "race". Beuscher (sp) was never gonna make a move. I told my wife that he would rather finish 2nd than try anything with 20 laps to go. The accidents didn't even make it worth watching.
    Told my wife the same thing. I really expected all those young guys to try to put it on em. What a let down! Oh well I will watch the arca cars when they come to Springfield thats about it. Good thing the local tracks are opening soon.

Drop the restrictor plates, go to narrower tires and go racing!

Nobody wants to watch a freight train race with very little passing. If they keep slowing them down and trying to make every car a carbon copy of the other that's what you're going to get.

I think they need to make it to where u can move your head a lil and take the flipping spotters away that right there it's self will bring out the true drivers.... LET THEM HEAR WHERE SOMEONE IS AND MAKE THERE OWN DECISIONS... I'm only 20 but I have watched a lot of old races and old races highlights and there was some crazy awesome racing back in the day you could force yourself i to pos. And not scared to death about denting a quarter panel...
    If your not sideways and all jacked up you must be playing following the leader...