Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nascar & Fuel Injection

Did i see it right injection in 2012 ?? If thats true it will be more of a joke then ever !!!!

You seen right. They are working with McLaren and another company to fine tune everything. They are making the jump next year.

Welcome to the 21st century, NASCAR.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Default Boy did France really screw himself

He!! they might as well ! The Shootout was the most pathetic stock car race i have EVER witnessed.I've been to six of em' and you will never get me back.It IS NOT a race when any single automobile cannot pull out and ACTUALLY RACE.Don't put a scratch in the paint or you'll have to park it.LOL....About 10 cars finished hahahhhahhahha.Let the fans rent a consol and steer them from their home computors.

I agree what the heck was that. They keep trying to fix the racing at it just gets worse. Have the bodies look just like they do when they come from the factory. They need to use the same noses and tail section just like from the factory and get rid of the splitters. The car of tomorrow is not producing very good racing to watch.

Right! In the 80's with stock bodies and smaller tires they went sideways at 210 miles per hour and if they rubbed the wall it wasn't a big deal.This new and improvered chit is the stupidest chit i have ever seen.What will this dumbazz think of next?It almost looks like he's trying to bankrupt it all to get out and keep family from getting anything cause he surly can't be this stupid.I'd rather pay ten dollars to watch flys fuk.

Quote Originally Posted by runyou-2 View Post
    Right! In the 80's with stock bodies and smaller tires they went sideways at 210 miles per hour and if they rubbed the wall it wasn't a big deal.This new and improved chit is the stupidest chit i have ever seen.What will this dumbazz think of next?It almost looks like he's trying to bankrupt it all to get out and keep family from getting anything cause he surly can't be this stupid.I'd rather pay ten dollars to watch flys fuk.
    LMAO, Your last sentence I mean. , but, really I agree. If they even as much as scrape the wall they lose the aerodynamics of the car and are no longer in contention to win the race. Time to end this madness. This is not the type racing we grew up to like. Time for a change.

Oh I imagine you are going to get your wish for a change, before the 500. They are complaining the speeds were to high. There is no way the 500 will not turn into a salvage yard. I didn't see any wild driving but still half the pack was knocked out. I understand they have a little to learn about this style of racing but its going to end badly I believe. Hey at least it was more entertaining than the ARCA race. That was a real snoozer.

Did you say,Entertaining???? It's not even a race! 2 cars,2 cars,2 cars,2 cars....Looks like a horse and buggy practice session to me.When a SINGLE race team can't even pull out and RACE their is something very wrong.See....Nascar told all the teams to give it a chance even if they didn't like the racing.If a mic is stuck in your face please tell the fans the racing is FUN.Every single person interveiwed said the racing is FUN.The people are gettin' sick of all this fake chit.Now do you think it would be fun starring at a trunk lid for two hours going 200 mph because the boss said stay there? Then get out and tell the fans...Hey guys...this is FUN.Them drivers are so mad they could bite nails in half.The only way they can save anything now is to just cut-up all the junk and let the teams build their own stuff.

I thought the racing and the finish was good. You could throw a blanket over the four cars. Didnt they also say it was a record for the most passes for the lead? It seems more like chess match racing. The best driver wins. Ive watched all the dirt races at Volusia and they pretty much all stunk. You didnt see 25 different lead changes in the whole week in Volusia. The nascar boys did it in one race.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekinserfan View Post
    I thought the racing and the finish was good. You could throw a blanket over the four cars. Didnt they also say it was a record for the most passes for the lead? It seems more like chess match racing. The best driver wins. Ive watched all the dirt races at Volusia and they pretty much all stunk. You didnt see 25 different lead changes in the whole week in Volusia. The nascar boys did it in one race.
    The best driver wins? lol No,no,them drivers are TOLD where to go and that is not racing.They went over 200 mph in 1965,that's when the best driver won.If you didn't back off for a corner you was busted up a little and learned your nuts wasn't quite that big. 25 lead changes? Well...that pretty much explains it,in a 75 lap race,10 cars finished,are you joking..
    Last edited by runyou-2; 02-12-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by runyou-2 View Post
    Did you say,Entertaining???? It's not even a race! 2 cars,2 cars,2 cars,2 cars....Looks like a horse and buggy practice session to me.When a SINGLE race team can't even pull out and RACE their is something very wrong.See....Nascar told all the teams to give it a chance even if they didn't like the racing.If a mic is stuck in your face please tell the fans the racing is FUN.Every single person interviewed said the racing is FUN.The people are getting' sick of all this fake chit.Now do you think it would be fun starring at a trunk lid for two hours going 200 mph because the boss said stay there? Then get out and tell the fans...Hey guys...this is FUN.Them drivers are so mad they could bite nails in half.The only way they can save anything now is to just cut-up all the junk and let the teams build their own stuff.
    I guess that puts a new meaning to horsepower with your analogy of the horse and buggy but that's exactly what that looked like.

How are they gonna slow the cars down without their beloved restricter plates????
    We are Cardinal Nation! Go Cards! Albert who?????

I think the rpm's will kill the motors in 300 miles.the show last night reminded me of a deal the had around here a few years ago a local track promoter decided to chain two cars together the front car had no brakes the back car had the brakes so they drivers had to work together to race.it was funny as he ll on dirt but not very fun to watch on tv.

I was suprised that the restrictor plate cars could intake enough air to wind out that high, but I don't think they'll run the same engine "tunes" in the 500 that they did in a 75 lapper, so you might not see many 9800 rpm cars in the big race.

The "co-opetition" that we saw in the shoot out was kind of interesting to watch as it was something new. We'll have to see how that plays out over the course of 500 miles.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." ~ Abraham Lincoln

They had better start 44 cars in the 500. If not, someone will be hung out with no drafting partner.

I hope nascrap keep up the BS.Maybe fans will start going back to there local dirt track more.Where the real racing is still going on.Nascraps sat night races have hurt local sat races.Fuel Injection will open up a big can of worms called COMPUTERS.This will be very hard to police..

The thing is...IROC racing was soooo boring fans quit attending so they dropped the series.Now the stupid azz re-created the same identical racing with every car flat footed and running exactly the same speed.How come 1 team can't run a different gear or a diff. final drive ratio? Nope.he wants them all going the exact same speed and that is not racing.

Youve got too much dirt clogging up your brain cells, dude.

I don't agree with a lot of things NASCAR does, and it does bore the crap out of me. But I watch it....because its the only thing on. If Versus ran a dirt race opposite of a NASCAR race on Sunday, I think we all know what show we would be watching.

I think this fuel injection idea is being pushed by the big 3 car manufacturers. People look at Nascar as high performance, yet nothing on those cars are on the one they buy at the dealer.

To compare Nascar to what we watch at our local tracks is pointless. It's apples and oranges. No one would look at a cup car and a dirt late model and think they were the same. So why would you expect the same kind of racing? Cup cars are heavier, less horsepower (sometimes), smaller tires, different track surface and stricter rules. And all but 2 of the tracks they run are larger. So why would you expect the type of racing?

And for the people complaining that 10 cars finished from the 24 that started...... I did a google search for Nascar 1960's race results. Here is the first link I clicked.
    http://fantasyracingcheatsheet.com/n...uthern-500/674

48 cars started and only 17 finished the race (I know it was a longer race). And 2 (yes I said 2) cars were on the lead lap. I don't see how anyone could say that is good racing. Who was the leader actually racing with. You can click around on that site and get more results from other tracks and years. And it's all pretty much the same. Never more than a handful of cars on the lead lap.

I don't think the racing has ever really changed. I think our standards have gotten higher and the racing just doesn't meet them anymore. We go to our local tracks and see 1 good race a month (be honest some of them are crashfests). And we expect to see it all the time.

I am not bashing anyone on here, not at all. I agree with almost everything you guys have said. Something needs to be done before network TV drops them and we are watching races on the History Channel. But to say it was better or different in the "old" days, just isn't true.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.