Thread: Daytona

Default Daytona

looked like two dogs, one following the other sniffing its a$$.

What a joke.

Pretty much sums it up. The ARCA race sucked too!

People have been saying even the dirt races in Florida haven't been that good so far this year.

Lets just all hope the local shows are good.

Everything at daytona so far has been crap. They better pull a rabbit out of their hats or they are going down the toilet. At least some nascar races have been good over the years but if they screw up the daytona 500 they're be in more trouble than they already are. I say cover their tracks with dirt, change the tires and let them race.

Either get rid off the spoilers and make them drive the cars or get rid of the restrictor plates, or both!

WE have disagreed and debated a host of things on this board. so much so that anything close to political is scrubbed. BUT this subject? Is there anyone, I mean anyone that defends this embarrassment called the Great American Race? I have thought for the last 20 yrs that daytona was questionable as the Great Race. You have Indy, Superbowl, World series etc. I didn't think that plate racing for the marque Nascar event was appropriate. My argument. Michael Waltrip won it twice. Start right there. Now it has turned into a WWE tag team event. I like Nascar for the most part. Not as much as dirt tracks, but I like it. Unfortunately it has hit rock bottom as far as calling this mess their marquee event.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Blacksheep View Post
    Sorry to disagree , Anytime you can use 1600 horse to shove one nose an valance thru the air and make speed without wreckin each other at 200 +. Cool as he ll. With lead changes and passing. Wish we were there !!! Now screwin Hamlin outta his win , that was BS !!! Clean pass with a wreck diverted .

I think I could see the enjoyment in it as something different. My real point was, should this kind of racing be the "The Great American Race"? Should this be Nascar's
    Indy 500? I am troubled that the big race requires more than one man, one machine to win.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    WE have disagreed and debated a host of things on this board. so much so that anything close to political is scrubbed. BUT this subject? Is there anyone, I mean anyone that defends this embarrassment called the Great American Race? I have thought for the last 20 yrs that daytona was questionable as the Great Race. You have Indy, Superbowl, World series etc. I didn't think that plate racing for the marque Nascar event was appropriate. My argument. Michael Waltrip won it twice. Start right there. Now it has turned into a WWE tag team event. I like Nascar for the most part. Not as much as dirt tracks, but I like it. Unfortunately it has hit rock bottom as far as calling this mess their marquee event.
    Heaven forbid, you just said the word political. Now if I say the word Voit wonder if the lightning will strike????

Quote Originally Posted by 1Blacksheep View Post
    Sorry to disagree , Anytime you can use 1600 horse to shove one nose an valance thru the air and make speed without wreckin each other at 200 +. Cool as he ll. With lead changes and passing. Wish we were there !!! Now screwin Hamlin outta his win , that was BS !!! Clean pass with a wreck diverted .
    Obviously you have fallen for that bull$hit DW and company are putting out, there is absolutely nothing good about this garbage. Running around that track with the nose of your car stuck up another cars a$$ is laughable and looks ridiculous.

OK maybe the last lap will be entertaining, thats one out of 200.

Daytona blew away the dirt cars that were in Florida. Train race was all you seen in Florida on dirt. Thats as boring as it gets. You gotta be a drunk to think that was good racing.
    Last edited by stevekinserfan; 02-15-2011 at 12:58 PM.