Default fan blade to radiator clearance

How close can you run the fan to the radiator? New car and was trying to position radiator but only have 3/8 inch clearance. Old car had alot space. Run a 16" four blade fan and a double bypass which is almost 3" thick. Run gas and would really like to stay with a double bypass if possible. Thanks

I think that will be too close when fan flexes. Do you have any spacers that you can take out on fan, or can you move rad forward(that is what we did). Best of luck

Default with

I don't have spacers to take out. Radiator is all the way against frame(not installed, just mockup). My radiator is 24" wide and pretty much takes up all the space between frame rails. I guess I can get another radiator and go with a 22" wide which would let radiator move forward some. Do they make a double bypass that is not as thick? Mine is almost 3" thick; even a 2" thick would help.

I think ours is a double pass, one to one pulleys, the big fan and a good water pump, we also run gas with no problems and we race in La. You could check with different vendors for thickness of rad. Sorry, I'm not much help. Good luck.
    Last edited by washeduptoo; 02-15-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Check out www.bryke.com. I run their 24" FSR double pass. I have about an inch of clearance.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

if you can move a 22 inch radiator foward more than notch the frame and plate it for the 24 inch to fit.

I meant to ask on my last post-what is a safe distance between blade and radiator?

I need at least 1/2 inch. I run a 4 blade 15 inch fan.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

I finally got about 3/4". Feel alot better about it now. Thanks for everybody"s help. I get real nervous when something doesn't look right but I'm not sure what to do.

I was told that 11/16" was the desired clerance, 3/4" will be good.

Glenn