Default Dual Stage RF Stack

I see that the Integra catalog now has a whole page dedicated to the RF dual stage stack setup. Is this just to sell more springs or are more people running this with success?

Just wanted to get a few opinions if it was worth trying with couple tracks having practice days soon, appreciate comments.

If the package it the setup using the lock nut then DO NOT TRY IT UNLESS THE TRACK IS SUPER SUPER SLICK!!! The instantly added weight on the RF WILL shear the contact patch AND stick the LR into the track and you will INSTANTLY find the wall!
    If the track is WAY slick the LR will not have enough traction to shear the RF and it adds drive. Big Block modifieds have been doing it for YEARS when they run long races.

payinthepurse, check your pm's

Ego you are completely wrong. If you know how to tune it you can run wet/heavy, black slick, rubbered down pretty much any surface. Its a great option to running a bump stop

Quote Originally Posted by mab18 View Post
    Ego you are completely wrong. If you know how to tune it you can run wet/heavy, black slick, rubbered down pretty much any surface. Its a great option to running a bump stop
    If it is off very slightly you will find the wall. If you do some reasearch and check the spring companies they will tell you the same thing and to avoid it.

Well our shock guy is the one that put us on it and we have been running it for about a year and a half with great success and many feature wins. Its not as touchy as what you think.

I would guess it depends on how much spring rate split there is between the first stage and second stage. The greater the split the more touchy it would be because the shock of the increased rate.
    www.bodybuilderraceequipment.com

Sheet metal brakes, shears, and hand tools

Anything beats bottoming out and having no spring.

I have asked multiple people who are good racers about this setup and many of them have said that they didnt see an improvement in the car and are not running it. If it was better the big name guys would probably be running it. So I would say dont worry about trying this setup because you dont want to get too far away from the baseline provided by your chassis builder or your own baseline if you have found something you like.

is this the same as bump stops ?

[QUOTE=PayinDaPurse;1334313]I see that the Integra catalog now has a whole page dedicated to the RF dual stage stack setup.

Web catalog or print catalog?

If web , could you provide a link to it, I can't seem to find it myself , and am curious .

http://www.integrashocksandsprings.c...talog2010.html

here ya go, pg 30 if it doesnt come up.

we use this setup alot and i will say that it works for us but im sure its not for everyone it took alot of testing and different spring rates to get it right. the last half of last year we qualified top 3 or better and finished top 5 or better.it works but you have to test test test to get it right