Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    eddieb1965 Guest

What is the biggest difference in the A-mod and B-mods? I am looking at buying a mod,and figured I would run as a A-mod,but will cast heads and a 2 barrel put me in the B-mod class? Sorry for all the questions,but cant find anything posted on a B-mods. Thanks Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by JAY SMITH View Post
    Could someone please decipher this jumbled set of words?
    I believe that ther was free passes handed out to someones friends and that cost the track more than the $100 owed.
    All I have to say is I'm glad someone is tring to run the track but they have a tough road ahead Rob has done so much damage to the fan base and the area bussiness.

good luck to them!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by racin6mod; 02-22-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    What is the biggest difference in the A-mod and B-mods? I am looking at buying a mod,and figured I would run as a A-mod,but will cast heads and a 2 barrel put me in the B-mod class? Sorry for all the questions,but cant find anything posted on a B-mods. Thanks Eddie
    b-mods have cast iron heads,2bl carb,flat tappet cam,harder tires(hoosier A's or g60)and ther heavier.I found them to be more fun and will likely run in both classes this coming season.

Talked to Randy, he said the IMCA sport mods and the IMCA street stock will be allowed to run as long as they conform to IMCA rules.

eddieb1965 Guest

Thats good to know,I meet all those rules with my engine.I dont have a clue what I would weigh now , how much more does a B-mod have to weigh?Thanks Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by race27mod View Post
    the name for the web site was registered to Rich and it has expired, working on getting new site up.
    Yes, but if you guys would have contacted me, this could have EASILY been fixed like everything else...

They should pay back Rich and all of the other people they owe. As far as website I think it was Adam. Rich had nothing to do with the website.
    Rich and I registered the site back when the board existed. Yes, it was still in his name but could have been switched. Now it will be at least 2 months before that domain can be bought again. Apparently not my problem though as I told them to contact me when decisions were made about the new season and I would decide if I was returning. No contact, website already in production as I've spoken to that person so pretty clear they do not wish to have me back. Great - free Saturday nights for me again, lineups and payouts can take forever again, and Kitch's can't run to me for help. Love the track but apparently Kitch's have made their decision to not have me return...

I was gonna stay out of this but I really can`t after what I read here. Did I distribute free passes to Spring Creek Speedway? Yes I did at Jacksonville, Quincy, Shepps, Buffalo Wild Wings, US Army Recruiting and any other sponsor of the track. It was our jobs to put butts in the seats and put on a good show. To do what ever we could to bring more racers and fans to our facility. I spent numerous hours talking to other drivers either at another track or on the phone. As for giving tickets to friends sure, to ones that had never been out to the track, to maybe get them interested and to bring friends. That is just part of the promotion aspect of the sport. Do they owe me a little money? Sure! But do I care? No! I took on the task of helping the track survive. If it meant spending money out of my pocket so be it. There was many a time Randy came to me for money for gas or to get this or that. I just gave it to him because he didn`t have any. I would do anything to help the track. But when my name starts getting drug through the mud because of lies and lack of bill paying I had to step away. I always had the drivers and fans best interest in mind. It wasn`t about putting money in my pocket because everything I did was volunteering. This racetrack can not be someones source of income. It has to be a hobby for someone. I really wish we had someone that would buy the track and do things right. Pay the bills. Work with sponsors. Take a little pride in the facility. That is what the drivers, the fans and the community deserve.
    Good luck because I want a Saturday night track close to go to.
    Rich Mueller

as many times as i've been to macomb , i dont think i have ever been there without seeing you there rich . lets all try and get something going at the track again this year . we all want to see it work . us guys want a place to run . i will do whatever i can do . might not be enough , but im going to give it a try . good luck to all
    BUMPERS ARE FOR BLOCKERS !

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    Thats good to know,I meet all those rules with my engine.I dont have a clue what I would weigh now , how much more does a B-mod have to weigh?Thanks Eddie
    for some reason eddie , i cant send you any p.m's - it says you are just a guest ????? i dont know why that is . however ....that b-mod division is a good way to go . ive got 2 of them for sale , maybe trade . and i'd help you get one going and set up .
    Last edited by mr.slidewayz; 02-22-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Default A-mod payout

What kind of money do they pay the A-mods. I wouldnt mind trying to help keep a track open ,we have three cars i might be willing to bring

Please make up your mind. In your previous post you said, "the only revision made to the b-mods is all cars must run a 2-barrel carburetor, before they said that cars running the create motor could run a 4-barrel." Which is it 2 or 4 barrel with the crate engines?

crate motors can run the 4bbl .. as long as they are imca legal.
    One's Life isn't about ability or disabilities , It's One's Love

eddieb1965 Guest

I dont know why the guest thing is on there,as many posts as I have I shouldnt be a guest anymore. Thanks for the offer,but i have a car spoken for,going to pick it up Fri.It will be pushing my limits to be ready for practice day,but Ill be there sooner or later.... Slideways,send me an E-mail to eddieandmandy@irtc.net

Quote Originally Posted by carcrazy7 View Post
    crate motors can run the 4bbl .. as long as they are imca legal.
    Is there going to be a tech person to make sure the crate is sealed properly according to Imca rules. Must use unaltered sealed GM #88958602 or #19258602 crate engine. Crate engine MUST use original HEI distributor with MSD #8728 rev-control and 6,200 rpm chip. If that's the case I have no problem with crate running 4bbl. I'm going to have a claimer 9:1 sportmod engine which has to run a 2bbl at spring creek.
    Love your wife. Like your race car.
    apr28bmod@yahoo.com

i dont know that for sure so i cant say one way or the other. i believe they had i crate there last year and i pitted next to him and he did get checked. he showed me the thing and said this is untouched. so that said.. i'd just show up and race. it aint near as bad worrying abot a legal crate as it would be running against a 15-1 415 ..LOL ! go race have fun , aint no one making any money out of this sport anyways..LOL
    One's Life isn't about ability or disabilities , It's One's Love

ya, aint nobody makin money, so don't worry about rules. just finish in the back, its just for fun anyway. what a joke! everybody wants to have a chance to win, thats why they have rules. i raced there all season last year, and got teched once, and the tech guy asked ME what tires we were supposed to on! and thats ALL he checked. he didn't know what was legal or not. if you follow the rules in macomb, your gonna run in the back. and there are plenty of big motors there too. they don't care if your legal, they just want your money.

the more rules they make ..... the more beochin your gona hear ..... if everyone looks back in time , when i.m.c.a started ....it meant .... equal engines (wich were supposed to be cheap and equal) , someone cut that ship loose . it set sail ! they HAVE LOST THEIR INTENSIONS ! u.m.p has followed that path ! NOW LETs ALL GET TOGETHER and come up with a very limited set of chassis rules (we have plenty of those) AND GO BACK TO THE ACTUALL IDEA OF ECONOMICAL RACING !!!!!!!!! can i get a HELL YEAH ?????
    Last edited by mr.slidewayz; 02-24-2011 at 01:20 AM.

the idea was to get a cheap engine (hence a 602) and let the boys tinker with a "baseline car" and go out and enjoy themselves (out think each other) . they didnt have spec engines back then ....... but we do now ! i have an oppertunity to try out something new . at macomb . do any of you want to try it ? it's a 602 sportsman type a car - to be named later with the help from all you fellow racers . all that it requires is a 602 engine & the cars u.m.p canned , and a brain . we can even slip old retired sportsman cars and maybe even outdated modified cars (with limited suspension systems ) in the mix ..... we don't care (you got a car , we got a track , lets get together!). its kinda like a run what ya brung (oem frame cars - n o late models) , as long as it has a 602 engine (or equivelent type sealed engine of other manufacturers) and a 8 inch tire . ( I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO DO A LOT OF TECHIN , AND I WONT HAVE AS MUCH BEOCHIN !
    macomb wants to try something new . F.Y.I ..... they also have the i.m.c.a mixed with u.m.p street stocks on a weekly basis (some good cars) . those rules are user friendly as well . (and they don't have that many !) they don't plan to change those rules at all this season (can i get another hell yeah) . that class is already up and runnning ,it's not my deal (but i bet i run one)
    i am going to go out of my way to help that track stay afloat . they gave me the oppertunity to come up with a class of car to help the guys that are getting boycotted (OR .... you all can just run our street stocks AS YOU ARE at this track if you want) . im still scrambling to make a good , fair , cheap , type division for the excess of cars WE ARE STUCK WITH (that have trick suspension , widened frames , multi mounts . etc , etc . .)
    the track is nice . its old school and low buck . if you dont like that ..... good luck , go dump your money
    Last edited by mr.slidewayz; 02-24-2011 at 01:58 AM.

My point is easier just to put a 2bbl on everything. Nobody goes out to race just to have fun. You would like to feel you got a chance to win. Not fun when you get your a** beat. Been there done that. Plus it's not the legal crate you have to worry it's the supposed crate that is accually 15 to 1 415 with a 4bbl on it.
    Love your wife. Like your race car.
    apr28bmod@yahoo.com

well said apr28- i feel the same way.