Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The guys from Spoon that said they were crates were the ones switching things. The 2 guys from Donnelson, Blivens and Gaylord, were the only 2 that were IMCA. Blivens didnt run a crate and had a 2 barrel on at all times. Gaylord had no problem being inspected, and told anyone who had question on his car to look at it. The one night I looked at it, it appeared to be legal. I didnt look at too hard because I was not the tech guy. LCS checks these motors pretty well, and if someone has little knowledge of crates, the amount of money to reseal a crate after someone tampers with it is over a 1000 bucks. So if an IMCA guy tampers with it, he is spending alot of money just on a chance to win the amount at Macomb.

All in all, checking a crate motor is extremely easy. The reseal bolts are only available from GM and only approved rebuilders can buy them. The numbers are must be recorded on which motor they are being installed on.

All in all, an IMCA sportmod compared to a Macomb Bmod, is like comparing a cruiser to the current street stocks. They are a lesser car, but if people realized the driver experience in those two sportmods, they may see the big picture and realize that it might not be the car, but the driver that makes the difference.

blivens finished 3rd in points at lcs last year, and yes he's a helluva driver! gaylord isn't listed on the track points, atleast not top 15, (i didn't even see his name in any results) and hes a good driver too, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be tech'd. ALL cars should be tech'd, atleast top 3 after heats and feature, by a tech man that knows what to look at, not another driver. most if not all the spoon b mods are on alcohol, thats illegal in macomb, but they don't say a word. its like a slap in the face for a guy that supports macomb and races there every week. the 3m car ran bmod in macomb last year and he had a mullins roller motor with aluminum heads!

I agree with teching. Didnt say it didnt need done. Just saying there were alot of rumors out there that would bold face lies. The canton cars were a big concern of mine, but until my brother started helping with tech, I dont think anything was checked. As far as Marquard, I know my brother hadnt started looking at cars when he was out there. Paul knew what to look for, he would check a car and people would still claim it was running illegal parts. When a street stock is accused of running a Bert and a Dry sump, anyone can spot these. The ones he checked had none of these. The BMods everyone were concerned about seemed to be Blivens and Gaylord. A couple griped about Marquard, but not much was brought up about the canton cars, which stumped me. And Paul only went and looked at the cars he was told to by Randy.

At the banquet early in the year, rules were given out that were different than the rules that were agreed apon, the final set. All in all, there were 3 different sets of rules put out. Some of the racers remember this since at the banquet, one part that was updated, wasnt in the new rules and a bunch of people pointed it out quickly. The board tried to correct this, but it was a hard mistake to completely correct. The problem arouse when not all of the board members had the same word processing program so when reviewing everything, the rules had to be sent out in 2 different formats. I was talking to 3 different people about different class rules plus dealing with all the addresses and driver information from the year before. I was trying to do all the typing for the rules and forms, and I had sent the final in both formats to Adam the day before. I thought he was the one printing the rules, but it ended being Rich who didnt have the finalize set. I guess this could be considered my fault because I was trying to do too much at once back then. The paperwork left by Rob, and any board member could verify this, was scattered in about 5 different formats, and alot of duplicates and none of the word matched. We were trying to make it look more professional and to sound simple and easy to understand with little grey area. It wasnt Adams fault or Richs fault. One set of rules Randy was given wasnt the final set. I do not see this as his fault, because he was going off what he was given. Just miscommunication. Ill take the blame of that part. It sounds like that wont happen again.

One other rule I was concerned with was the no coilovers on the rear of the cars. I heard some are going to run those this year. They are not legal, and from what I know, they arent legal in ANY Bmod, Emod, or Sportmod class anywhere. Any most chassis builders will tell you when it comes to a car running 4bar on the hook or a swingarm car, coilovers can be an adavantage compared to splitting up the shock and spring. I would like to see this checked.

Coilovers are not allowed in Imca sportmod. It shouldn't be all left to the tech person. If someone thinks somedody is illegal bring it up. Don't let it go and grip about it. If their legal they won't have anything to hide. If anyone thinks the apr28 bmod is illegal, come and ask me and I'll show what's in question. I know my car is new this year to springceek. check it out I don't care. not to change the subject but I assume they will be weighing cars this year. didn't see much of that last year.
    Love your wife. Like your race car.
    apr28bmod@yahoo.com

the reason for all the b***hing is if u were the last year watching it was obvious they had an advantage they were winning by half a lap easily over good cars with good motors... as for the tech bs the night they were sposed to do it i drove over there and noone was there yea they walked thru the pits and looked at kars but the didnt seem like they even knew what they were looking at... u can say all you want about how the crates are at a disadvantage but they arent they proved it at spoon and at macomb...

Standing at the back stretch at Lcs you can tell which car was a crate or a claimer. The crate has to run a 6200 rpm chip which would kick in about a little over the middle of the straight a way. Pull that chip out and run a 4bbl. I don't remember any car hitting a chip at springcreek.Then again those engines mite not be good to run over 6200 rpm. I don't know. Not sure if crate engines at spoon ,have a chip rule? or do they run a 4bbl. I heard something about a re stricter plate. I'm just going off IMCA. West liberty, Iowa (Last year was non IMCA)bmod class 2bbl for every car. They even had a weight split for the type of motor you had. The bigger the motor the heaver you weighed . I think its all agreed that there was teching or lack of last year. All I'm saying is before you let anyone have a 4bbl in the bmod class at springcreek there needs to be really good teching system at springcreek. And no coil overs. My opinion.
    Last edited by apr28; 02-25-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    apr28bmod@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by apr28 View Post
    Standing at the back stretch at Lcs you can tell which car was a crate or a claimer. The crate has to run a 6200 rpm chip which would kick in about a little over the middle of the straight a way. Pull that chip out and run a 4bbl. I don't remember any car hitting a chip at springcreek.Then again those engines mite not be good to run over 6200 rpm. I don't know. Not sure if crate engines at spoon ,have a chip rule? or do they run a 4bbl. I heard something about a re stricter plate. I'm just going off IMCA. West liberty, Iowa (Last year was non IMCA)bmod class 2bbl for every car. They even had a weight split for the type of motor you had. The bigger the motor the heaver you weighed . I think its all agreed that there was teching or lack of last year. All I'm saying is before you let anyone have a 4bbl in the bmod class at springcreek there needs to be really good teching system at springcreek. And no coil overs. My opinion.
    as i said , i dont know if or who is teching.. i do know i believe it was blevins who pitted next to me who had the crate. the guy was willing to pull anything so some one could check him. he was there and wanted to have fun. and yes , the guy can drive. point is , you can sit and bitzh about anything and everything and thats whats driving people off . the guy had a chip he pulled out and put another in by someones request. it's a 350 hp crate motor and if a guy with a 377 or 406 cant beat a crate then maybe this blevins guy needs to be driven the other car. all the bitzh aint gonna get no where. so dont bitzh at me. someone asked about something and i checked and got an answer. the season aint even started and all the hu ha is already going full steam. i never said no one shouldnt be teched , i just said i dont know but i sure aint gonna call a guy a liar when he's not at the track yet or if he beats me. as for other cars that are supposed to be legal that aint from spoon or where ever i dont have any idea if they were or weren't all my point was get the cars together a go race. have some fun instead of bitzchn . sure everyone likes to win and i didnt say otherwise. find out the facts first but gez, dont start the year off bad before it even starts .

apr28 , you are 100%right. if they can run a 4bbl they should be 100% legal to do so.
    Last edited by carcrazy7; 02-25-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    One's Life isn't about ability or disabilities , It's One's Love

The canton cars were not crates. Not even close, PLUS THEY WERE NEVER LEGAL! The rules said IMCA Sportmod crates, not Canton crates are legal. Never heard anything about those 2 canton cars UNTIL the Iowa cars came over.

The Donnelson cars, only one was a crate. And I know on 2 nights he hit the chip, and he should it to me personally. And if you read the rules for Sportmod Derek, youd know you stuck your foot in your mouth. You guys griped to me one night about lucy and blivens running D's on there cars. Even swore you gus seen them. I personally checked Lucys car AND TRAILOR! Not one! Blivens had G60's on his car. Checked that too. So you guys griping about a one sportmod car which was legal, need to grow up and race.

There may have been good cars with good motors, mabye it was the driver. Hell I was running a stock crank, stock rod, claimer piston 355 turning 5500 and could run with any of them. I know I didnt have a good motor, prolly one of the weakest. Someone that has raced macomb for years know strong motors dont win races. Bartz didnt think there was anything wrong with any of them. Heck him and Blivens have raced each other for years at quincy. And Blivens was legal WITHOUT the IMCA Sportmod anyways. HE WASNT A CRATE! 9:1 stock headed 355. hAD A 2 barrel on everytime I looked (3 different nights), but I bet he changed it for me. Real similiar to the motor Tom Baker borrowed off BJ Thompson and won with! WOW, theres 3 cars with low horse 355s in them that won. The only cars I seen that actually mopped the field were the canton cars. In fact, half the time Blivens and Gaylord finished up front, they just survived everyone else causing cautions. Add up the caution counts for those two then for everyone else. Next youll tell me they have traction control.

SO GRIPE ABOUT THAT ONE CRATE SOME MORE. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT HE HAD 2 WINS. THAT ONE CRATE SURE KICKED EVERYONES @SS AND WAS DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrace54 View Post
    The canton cars were not crates. Not even close, PLUS THEY WERE NEVER LEGAL! The rules said IMCA Sportmod crates, not Canton crates are legal. Never heard anything about those 2 canton cars UNTIL the Iowa cars came over.

The Donnelson cars, only one was a crate. And I know on 2 nights he hit the chip, and he should it to me personally. And if you read the rules for Sportmod Derek, youd know you stuck your foot in your mouth. You guys griped to me one night about lucy and blivens running D's on there cars. Even swore you gus seen them. I personally checked Lucys car AND TRAILOR! Not one! Blivens had G60's on his car. Checked that too. So you guys griping about a one sportmod car which was legal, need to grow up and race.

There may have been good cars with good motors, mabye it was the driver. Hell I was running a stock crank, stock rod, claimer piston 355 turning 5500 and could run with any of them. I know I didnt have a good motor, prolly one of the weakest. Someone that has raced macomb for years know strong motors dont win races. Bartz didnt think there was anything wrong with any of them. Heck him and Blivens have raced each other for years at quincy. And Blivens was legal WITHOUT the IMCA Sportmod anyways. HE WASNT A CRATE! 9:1 stock headed 355. hAD A 2 barrel on everytime I looked (3 different nights), but I bet he changed it for me. Real similiar to the motor Tom Baker borrowed off BJ Thompson and won with! WOW, theres 3 cars with low horse 355s in them that won. The only cars I seen that actually mopped the field were the canton cars. In fact, half the time Blivens and Gaylord finished up front, they just survived everyone else causing cautions. Add up the caution counts for those two then for everyone else. Next youll tell me they have traction control.

SO GRIPE ABOUT THAT ONE CRATE SOME MORE. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT HE HAD 2 WINS. THAT ONE CRATE SURE KICKED EVERYONES @SS AND WAS DOMINATE!

i have no clue about the cars from spoon , i posted about the 4bbl on imca legal cars and thats what i was referring to when i said if they are legal go race and have fun , no one making any money at this anyway. i'd love to see a mod driver making money..LOL ! or any racer..LOL

i dont know that for sure so i cant say one way or the other. i believe they had i crate there last year and i pitted next to him and he did get checked. he showed me the thing and said this is untouched. so that said.. i'd just show up and race. it aint near as bad worrying abot a legal crate as it would be running against a 15-1 415 ..LOL ! go race have fun , aint no one making any money out of this sport anyways..LOL

heres what gets me.. i say the same thing this guy does and he wants to come back and jump my azz !! LOL.. wow !

Thread: nascar go home
    by uindadust

Replies
    Views

whats your name $ump$? from reading your posts, i...

whats your name $ump$? from reading your posts, i know theres quite a few guys that would like to meet up with you at spoon or macon. most of us are just weekend warriors, having fun with what we can...
    Last edited by carcrazy7; 02-25-2011 at 11:06 PM.

As far as teching, yes there could have been a better job done. But these people didnt touch the track or even know they were running it until May. Is that a good excuse, prolly not, but atleast they tried.

As far as the crates, GM actually came up with the 6200 chip deal to help protect the motors. The motor produces 350 horspower at 5000 rpm and 390 torque at 3800 rpm. The valve train (mainly the original valve springs) are not rated for more than 6400 rpms. The 6200 chip is not just used by IMCA but recommended by GM. And again, the crates are the easiest motors to tech. Just match the numbers and look at the seals.

As far as the coilovers, what I was saying there was that open Macomb bmods are trying to run these, not sportmods. Noone has really brought it up at the track, but just from what Ive heard from drivers from Macomb is that people are going to do this cause they dont think theyll get checked. Some of the locals are also talking about sneaking alcohol in, which is also illegal, and a big safety hazard. When cars arent supposed to run alcohol and then sneak it in, the safety crew may handle the fire improperly.

And Rich (I think thats APR28), I hope you didn think I was talking about you being illegal, it was someone else who was running last year. And I have mentioned it to the people that matter already. I also agree with people who think people are cheating bringing to the managments attention. But when people cry wolf on a weekly basis, such as the tire thing I mentioned above, the management quits listening. I know I was told that these people were running illegal tires, I go checked and they didnt even have any in the truck trailer or on the car, and they had no other cars with them to hide them,even pitted by themselves; then I call BS. I went back and told them they have nothing, and they still calim they did. The must have thrown them in the creek after they were done racing.

Usually those who gripe about cheaters, tend to be the biggest cheaters themselves!

i dont disagree about teching.. all i said was "i dont know so i cant say anything about that". why worry now about it. lets hope it is taken care of when season starts. dont need to get all bent out of shape over a guy getting a question answered.

Oh I know Steve. I know what your saying, and it was Gaylord (the 57) you pitted next to, I remember talking to you and him (more his dad) one night in the pits. That post was pointed more towards Carlson. He d@mn near got pissed at me that one night over tires with Lucy and Blivens, and he aint even in that class. I know I can read.

And I agree, everyone should be looking foward, not backwards. But when people get on here and basically call you a liar, it gets you a lil hot.
    Last edited by Dirtrace54; 02-25-2011 at 11:14 PM.

yes , your right in was the 57. he was looking for all his chips and stuff. yea.. your right ! my bad on who i thought it was. oh well , i might just take the fenders off mine and enter it in the mod class just for (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)z and giggles..

i wasn't jumping anybody's ass, sorry if it sounded like i was. all i was trying to say is everyone wants to have a shot at winning. nobody goes racing every week to run in the back. without a competent tech person, us low budget guys have no chance, and thats NOT fun. i'm not bitching about anybody in perticular, had a blast racing with everybody, but if they would enforce the rules, every race, nobody would have anything to bitch about.

i never once bitched about illegal tires we pitted next to lucy everynight... as far as the spoon cars todd bates had a completely legal 355 in with a 2 barrel carb and griffin had a crate motor in which is totally legal in YOUR "rules" and they showed up one night for the simple fact spoon rained out last minute... so why b***h about them just because ur such an imca backer dont hate on ump. and it was also said if any spoon emods want to come to macomb they could come and run with their 4 barrel with the restrictor plate and a cpl of macomb boys went to spoon the previous year and ran better than the emods with their 2 barrels on without restrictor plates...

let start by apologizing myself. i was only giving an answer to a question. i wasnt meaning nothing by just go and race. was just trying to keep a position thing about the start of the year. i was a tough year last year and lets hope things go smoother this year. just didnt want it to get off on a bash fest. i wasnt trying to leave anyone out of wanting to win or say it wasnt important. i wish everyone luck and a safe year. and i agree there needs to be some teching . thats a great place there and i have to say a lot of super people. i cant really complain. i was and my family was always treated like we belonged there. i just like to see that extended to everyone because others need to see that you guys are good people . get the year started see what comes about . if theres some things that need adressed which something always needs tweeked . tweek them , just keep your kool because a lot more gets done without the hard feelings . again , if i popped off i apologize for it i was only tryin to help .

Hope to see you guys there. I want to see that Spring Creek Speedway event.

Yes Ben this is Rich. And for the record I'm not B****ing either. But all I'm saying if I bring my 355 2bbl motor and the guy next to me has a 4bbl I would like for him to be legal. I agree macomb is not a horse power track. I help a crate at lcs last year and met other guy's that ran sportmods last year. Would like to see them come to springcreek. Memphis Mo changed there rules to Imca sportmod type and 34 Raceway has a 8 race sportmod season this year. The one good thing about building a sportmod is at least around here your gona have a place to race. Macomb having a semi open bmod class, Anybody North,south east or west with a bmod can come to macomb. Except guys running alcohol. The Memphis guys that ran bmod last that don't want to change to sportmod type might come to Springcreek. West Liberty Iowa got rid of their bmods and went to IMCA amods. There might some cars up there. Lets hope that things go good which it should and we won't be talking about the same thing next year. Maybe springcreek can have a little rules meeting and all of us can get together and get this of the internet. I guess I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to open a can of worms. I know a lot of people don't know me but I have been on and off with the speedway since 1985. Raced,pit steward, flag men. Helped pit on cars. Raced on the old track when 4cyls ruled. Thanks
    apr28bmod@yahoo.com

Derrick, Griffen was NOT legal by the rules. He was not legal by sportmod rules! He did not have G60s on, and his suspension was not legal by sportmods. The sportmods had to be completely 100% legal according to IMCA because people like you were wining early on in the year that they werent fair. The original rules for macomb BMODS came from LCS rules BEFORE they went sportmod. Ask Darin W, he was the one that did that. Go ask them guys which rules made them faster. So again, you do not know what your talking about. And, if you want to lie about the tire deal early on in the year, thats your deal. Enough people seen you whining about it. I gave you the benifit of the doubt and checked. The whole IMCA legal part was not due to me sucking up to IMCA. People like you griped in preseason that noone wanted spoon cars up at macomb, that why the rules were written that way also. I had no problem with them coming up. I dont know how many different calls I recieved from street and bmod people griping about a thousand different issues. Thats half the reason I got tired of dealing with it. And whats UMP got to do with anything? EMods at canton arent sanctioned! Man you really need to quit lettin your @ss overun your mouth.

To Steve and Rich and uindadust, I apologize to you guys. But people like Derrick you just cant make happy I guess.

Im done with this, because I know it will be a never ending battle, and people just need to look foward.
    Last edited by Dirtrace54; 02-26-2011 at 09:19 AM.