Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HYPOTHETICAL: If BLOOMQUIST & MOYER went HEAD to HEAD for a POINTS SEASON????????

Would that solve whom would be considered the greatest dirt late model racer of our era????

I think bloomquist needs to win about 250 more features before he should be considered better than billy or even discussed who is better.

Cool

first to answer your question moyer personally i think moyer is the best their is the best their was the best their ever will be!!!

It will never happen, but I'd like to see them both run the UMP Summernationals Hell Tour. Different track/setup every night, along with the "unknown" of the locals at each stop. We'd get our answer. They both know how to wheel, and they both know how to build racecars that can take a beating.

Default believe it has happened.

Didn't. The summer nationals pay $100,000 to win the championship. A few years ago? Didnt moyer and bloomquist, as well as others run for the championship? Is my memory correct? Guess who was the HELL TOUR champ that year?

In the years they both ran for points and 1 or the other came out on top was 1993-Moyer winning, 1994- Moyer winning, 1996 Moyer winning, 1997-Moyerwinning and 1991 Moyer winning. Moyer also won in 2001, but I don't believe Bloomer ran the hole series. Bloomer won in 1990,1991, and 2002. In 2003 Moyer won but I don't believe Bloomer ran the series that year.
    8/13/16

Wasn't 1999 or Y2K the year they paid the $100K? I thought that was the year that Billy won, in a goat, then switched back to Rayburn the following year... I think this is right, I may a year or two out of order.

Pre-1990 Drove for himself in Larry Shaw.
    1990-1995 Drove for himself in Rayburn.
    1996 he drove Mastesbilt for GVS.
    1997 he drove Mastersbilt and an in-house chassis for GVS, won HAT title.
    1998 Drove for himself in a ....
    1999 Drove for himself and teamed up briefly with Birkhoeffer in Barry Wrights before switching to GRT.
    2000 Drove for himself in a GRT.
    2001-2007 Drove for himself in Rayburns, Mastersbilts and a Barry Wright in 06'.
    2008 - Present Drove for himself in Victory Circle.

UMP Summernationals - '93, '94, '96, '99, '01 & '03 (per Billy's website)

http://www.billymoyer.com/titles2.html
    Last edited by F22 RAPTOR; 02-18-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

The info I have is the sn's paid $100,000 to win the championship in 2002. Bloomquist was the hell tour champ that year.

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    The info I have is the sn's paid $100,000 to win the championship in 2002. Bloomquist was the hell tour champ that year.
    They must've paid $100K more than once because I know Billy got it before 2001. I went to a seminar in December 2001 with Billy and he had already won the $100K and had switched to Rayburn. I remember because a bunch of folks showed up that didn't realize he'd been running Rayburns for a year already, they thought he was still in the GRT's.

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Both Bloomquist and Moyer ran for points in 2004 in WoOLMS and Bloomquist won it that year. Moyer won it in 2005 and I think Bloomquist ran the whole season that year, but I can't remember for sure. If he did, then they are 1-1.

I like Moyer and can't stand Bloomer. But Bloomer is the best I have ever seen. Moyer is certainly great too. I don't remember Bloomer running for points and ever losing. I am sure it has happened, but I doubt very often. Whether it is Woo, summer nationals or Lucas, when he runs for points he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I like Moyer and can't stand Bloomer. But Bloomer is the best I have ever seen. Moyer is certainly great too. I don't remember Bloomer running for points and ever losing. I am sure it has happened, but I doubt very often. Whether it is Woo, summer nationals or Lucas, when he runs for points he wins.
    Freddy Smith in the old HAT series.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hixson View Post
    Would that solve whom would be considered the greatest dirt late model racer of our era????
    sorry steve. that one ain't gonna solve it. how about this hypothetical question:

If BLOOMQUIST & MOYER went HEAD to HEAD at the WORLD 100 ???????? Would that solve whom would be considered the greatest dirt late model racer of our era???? .

all in good fun.

since this will always be an opinion question, here's mine:

bloomquist could beat moyer in every race they meet for the rest of my life and it won't change my opinion that there is no comparison: moyer is better than bloomquist.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    bloomquist could beat moyer in every race they meet for the rest of my life and it won't change my opinion that there is no comparison: moyer is better than bloomquist.
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    sorry steve. that one ain't gonna solve it. how about this hypothetical question:

If BLOOMQUIST & MOYER went HEAD to HEAD at the WORLD 100 ???????? Would that solve whom would be considered the greatest dirt late model racer of our era???? .

all in good fun.

since this will always be an opinion question, here's mine:

I feel the same way. Maybe it should be a measure of who's been caught cheating the most, with the lesser being the greater....

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    In the years they both ran for points and 1 or the other came out on top was 1993-Moyer winning, 1994- Moyer winning, 1996 Moyer winning, 1997-Moyerwinning and 1991 Moyer winning. Moyer also won in 2001, but I don't believe Bloomer ran the hole series. Bloomer won in 1990,1991, and 2002. In 2003 Moyer won but I don't believe Bloomer ran the series that year.
    very good post

Wow! This is the first time a thread like this has ever been started and discussed! And I am sure will end up just like the rest.

Can you find ayear for that? Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall the SN champ winning a $100,000 more than once.

Klemm, based on your last paragraph, it appears as though you don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by COKEandaSMILE View Post
    Klemm, based on your last paragraph, it appears as though you don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.
    hey coke: start a new thread over in the gossip section with some of your facts and i'll play. but the game ends if it becomes personal.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard