Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

klemm.... I just dont think one RACE would suffice (even with it being the WORLD) nor do I think you should count the SUMMERNATIONALS - cause for the simple fact its
    "H3LL" and sooo condensed...... go for an entire TOP RATED SERIES (WoOLM or LUCAS) due to their variety of tracks and see what transpires

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hixson View Post
    klemm.... I just dont think one RACE would suffice (even with it being the WORLD) nor do I think you should count the SUMMERNATIONALS - cause for the simple fact its
    "H3LL" and sooo condensed...... go for an entire TOP RATED SERIES (WoOLM or LUCAS) due to their variety of tracks and see what transpires
    steve: why should either tour, where there are 10 or less commited racers, be more important than the one event that draws well over 100 competitors every year, and is recognized by fans and racers alike to be the biggest event in the sport?

variety of tracks? that would be an interesting comparison. i'd still bet on moyer.

no wrong answers. and that's the best part of this debate. cause there can never be a winner declared between moyer and bloomquist. i think all of us fans have been the winners.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    hey coke: Start a new thread over in the gossip section with some of your facts and i'll play. But the game ends if it becomes personal.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    8/13/16

Nothing personal. Just an observation based on your posts?

Championships...

For Bloomquist...

1990 UMP Summernationals champ (Don't know if Moyer ran the whole series).
    1991 UMP Summernationals Champ (Don't know if Moyer ran the whole series).
    1994 HAV-A-TAMPA Series Champ (Moyer did not run the series).
    1995 HAV-A-TAMPA Series Champ (Moyer did not run the series).
    1998 HAV-A-TAMPA Series Champ (Moyer did not run the series).
    2000 HAV-A-TAMPA Series Champ (Moyer did not run the series).
    2002 UMP Summernationals champ (Moyer finished 2nd in points).
    2003 Xtreme DirtCar Series Champ (Moyer did not run the series).
    2004 World Of Outlaws Champ (Moyer finished 8th I believe).
    2009 Lucas Oil Champ (Moyer did not run the series).
    2010 Lucas Oil Champ (Moyer did not run the series).

For Moyer

I don't know about pre 1988

1988 World Of Outlaws Champ (Bloomquist did not run the series).
    1989 World Of Outlaws Champ (Bloomquist did not run the series).
    1993 UMP Summernationals champ (Bloomquist did not run the series).
    1994 UMP Summernationals champ (Bloomquist did not run the series).
    1996 UMP Summernationals champ (Bloomquist did not run the series).
    1997 HAV-A-TAMPA Series Champ (Bloomquist did not run the series).
    1999 UMP Summernationals champ (Bloomquist did not run the series).
    2001 UMP Summernationals champ (Bloomquist did not run the series).
    2003 UMP Summernationals champ (Bloomquist did not run the series).
    2005 World Of Outlaws Champ (Bloomquist did not run the series).

To my knowledge Bloomquist and Moyer have only ran head to head twice in a series and that was in the 2002 UMP Summernationals and the 2004 World Of Outlaws Series, Bloomquist won both times.

BTW, in 1999 Bob Memmer put up a bonus for anyone that could win half of the Summernationals races and Moyer won half of them. If I remember correctly Moyer had a bit of trouble getting the money for that. Bloomquist did not run the Summernationals that year, he was running HAV-A-TAMPA where he finished 3rd behind McDowell and Wallace.
    Last edited by Crossbones; 02-18-2011 at 07:37 PM.

You might want to research your facts. In 05, Bloomer started with the intent to run the full outlaw season, as one of the "dirty dozen". He fell behind in the points, then seemed to find some flaw or reason that he did not want to be a part of the series. The same series he went to bat for with the dirty dozen concept. So, had Moyer fell off the tour the year before would you say bloomer beat him in the points? Not hardly. He wasn't in the points chase and dropped off, plain and simple.

What happens this year when say Bloomer is 6th in pts in Lucas oil, will he run the entire tour?

This has been beat to death, but I'll comment anyway. Moyer hasn't ran a series in a long while, and Bloomquist has been, so to total up championships and figure anything isn't accurate. The bottom line is this, THEY ARE THE BEST TWO DRIVERS EVER. Period.

I give the nod to Moyer, and personally, it's not really as close as some make it out to be. Moyer has nearly 300 more wins, and lacks the one HUGE blemish that Bloomquist has, and that's being known as a cheat. I can't give credit where credit is due for someone who has been caught cheating one way or another countless times, as I can for someone who is truly a class act and never has been caught cheating.

Not that this has anything to do with the quality of driver, but Bloomer's classless interviews even in defeat, is beyond old to me. I'll root for Billy Moyer to beat Scott Bloomquist any day of the week.

That said, both are off to a good start in 2011. Especially Moyer who already has 6 wins! Unbelievable for a 53 year old. Enjoy these two incredible drivers while we can guys, because Moyer won't be around for much longer. He will retire while he still has it, mark my words.

Billy Moyer > Scott Bloomquist > Everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post

BTW, in 1999 Bob Memmer put up a bonus for anyone that could win half of the Summernationals races and Moyer won half of them. If I remember correctly Moyer had a bit of trouble getting the money for that. Bloomquist did not run the Summernationals that year, he was running HAV-A-TAMPA where he finished 3rd behind McDowell and Wallace.
    I knew 99' was the year I was thinking of where he got that bonus, I remember his wife kept having to run engines back and forth to Clements that summer.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Quote Originally Posted by lb_sa View Post
    This has been beat to death, but I'll comment anyway. Moyer hasn't ran a series in a long while, and Bloomquist has been, so to total up championships and figure anything isn't accurate. The bottom line is this, THEY ARE THE BEST TWO DRIVERS EVER. Period.

I give the nod to Moyer, and personally, it's not really as close as some make it out to be. Moyer has nearly 300 more wins,

this kinda answer always gets me... listen if scott ran the number of 2 and 3k to win races that moyer has his win totals would be off the charts!!!!!! moyer has ran a ton of mars series, mlra series, msra series,ect races around close to home and won a ton of em. ain't nothing wrong with it i guess but look at it this way, just think about if bloomquist ran those 2 and 3k races in his back yard like moyer does!!! yeah they both have won their share of big ones and i think the big race win totals are pretty close but scott don't cherry pick!!!! and im not bashing moyer about it either im just sayin, there is a big difference there!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smitty shine View Post
    I'm 69 years and been going to races all over the country for fifty years and Bloomer used to run every two and three and five thousand dollar race around only the last few years is when he said he would't unload for anything under five thousand but at eastbay he did. No dought Moyer and Hippie are the best two drivers ever but I think Moyer is the best..... and he has some class about him.... where the Hippie don't....
    i know back in the day the hippie as you like to call him ran those races and i know along about the time he stopped running em... moyer still does it! alot! i see him do it around here locally... you can tally up a ton of wins when the competition is a bunch of hard workin weekend worriers!!!! im not on here going to call names or bash on the guy, he's one of the best no doubt but not the best imo!!! like i said, if the "hippie" chose to cherry pick his win totals would be off the charts!!! you know it, i know it, and most everybody that knows anything about this sport knows it....and callin someone names on a forum shows alot of CLASS!!!!! so i really don't trust your judgment... imo, bloomer, moyer and freddy smith are without a doubt the best in the game! win totals don't really tell the story in this case!

These two are hands down the best two drivers, it really not even close. I like bloomquist more than I like moyer but i've come to respect both drivers. Anytime one or the other is in a race they are the favorite to win. Its fun seeing them work through the pack to win a race and its even more fun to see someone else pass them for a win. Although the later doesn't happen very often. I dont think we can look at feature wins and decide who should be known as the best. Moyer has run the summer nationals a lot and those 30 races or so during the summer is a full schedule from bloomquist's series (whichever he choose to run). I hear people talk about bloomquist getting caught cheating and I like racin but i dont follow alot of the "news" about it. Can someone please tell me these occassions bloomer got caught cheating? what happened and when it was. I know WOO accused him of using tire solution. what else happened?

Bloomquist is the best. I'll put money on all the head to head battles they have this season. If there are any. Moyer tends to pick and choose where to go according to the weakest competition level with the most money to win. $5K races and nonsactioned cherries, while Bloomquist race only against top competition every time out. WoO, Lucas, Crown Jewels. When you race that many races against top fields of couse you don't win 800 races. And speaking of cheating, does someone cheat less just because they get caught less. Somebody did a great job of hiding it.

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Somebody did a great job of hiding it.
    Yeah... In the roll cage!!
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK JEEP View Post
    ...Scott don't cherry pick!!!!....
    No such thing as Cherry pickin'!!! But cheating like a MoFo does....

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK JEEP View Post
    i know back in the day the hippie as you like to call him ran those races and i know along about the time he stopped running em... moyer still does it! alot! i see him do it around here locally... you can tally up a ton of wins when the competition is a bunch of hard workin weekend worriers!!!! im not on here going to call names or bash on the guy, he's one of the best no doubt but not the best imo!!! like i said, if the "hippie" chose to cherry pick his win totals would be off the charts!!! you know it, i know it, and most everybody that knows anything about this sport knows it....and callin someone names on a forum shows alot of CLASS!!!!! so i really don't trust your judgment... imo, bloomer, moyer and freddy smith are without a doubt the best in the game! win totals don't really tell the story in this case!
    Sorry you don't get to claim the moral high ground since you started the name calling when you called Billy a, "Cherry Picker". You either show up ready to race or you don't. So if wanna talk about class issues, just look in the mirror because you opened up with the attacks all while claiming you weren't!!! Having no class would be like tire cheating or getting caught with dope, numerous times....
    Last edited by F22 RAPTOR; 02-21-2011 at 06:07 AM.

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Okay, as far as Moyers 2 and 3k wins, and "Cherry Picking", go back and do a little research on the early years of the Hava-Tampa when Bloomer dominated it racking up wins. So your Moyer raced the below average Mars or Mlra doesn't hold water. I would put the "back in the day" Mlra and Mars regulars against the Hava-Tampa regulars any day of the week. Moyer and Bloomer race for a living. If they can make money at a 2k show, or it makes good business sense, who blames them?

People lose sight that this is their living, just like a banker, mechanic, truck driver,ect.
    who on this board does not want to do what it takes to make a good living and try to make the best business decisions they can to be successful?

Quote Originally Posted by sbonds View Post
    Okay, as far as Moyers 2 and 3k wins, and "Cherry Picking", go back and do a little research on the early years of the Hava-Tampa when Bloomer dominated it racking up wins. So your Moyer raced the below average Mars or Mlra doesn't hold water. I would put the "back in the day" Mlra and Mars regulars against the Hava-Tampa regulars any day of the week. Moyer and Bloomer race for a living. If they can make money at a 2k show, or it makes good business sense, who blames them?

People lose sight that this is their living, just like a banker, mechanic, truck driver,ect.
    who on this board does not want to do what it takes to make a good living and try to make the best business decisions they can to be successful?
    Amen, dude. The whole Cherry Picking argument is just lame, everybody competes under the same rules.

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

I'll tell you this.. that would be great if it were to happen today... Neither Bloomer or Moyer ran their own chassis back then...

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Bloomquist is the best. I'll put money on all the head to head battles they have this season. If there are any. Moyer tends to pick and choose where to go according to the weakest competition level with the most money to win. $5K races and nonsactioned cherries, while Bloomquist race only against top competition every time out. WoO, Lucas, Crown Jewels. When you race that many races against top fields of couse you don't win 800 races. And speaking of cheating, does someone cheat less just because they get caught less. Somebody did a great job of hiding it.
    You're kidding right? $5,000 races are far from easy pickings these days. And Moyer doesn't run a series, so he can run wherever he wants. He tries to stay fairly local to Arkansas and anyone knows that. He is at the point in his career where proving anything to idiots who say this stuff isn't even in his thought process. But, I guess he did do a great job of cherry picking last year. Especially the Illini 100, Dream, World, Knoxville weekend, and the USA which we all know was rightfully his. Keep on cherry picking. Hopefully 26 more times this year.

Oh, and one more thing, Volusia Speedweeks points winner - Billy Moyer. Where is your money for the first head to head battle this season?