Default My dad, Bill Hendren

As many of you know, this forum has been a favorite of my dad's for quite a few years. I'm extremely confident in the fact that most who have interacted with him on here have utilized much of the knowledge that he has so freely shared. My dad has always been about the racer, and he has always helped all who need his help. I'm extremely proud of the fact that Bill is my father, and I'm extremely lucky to be the son of such a brilliant man.

It's with a very heavy heart that I'm choosing to inform his friends here on 4M, that my father is in very bad health. As of today, our family, and my father, have chosen to have Hospice come to my parents home and assist with my fathers needs. I've chosen to post this, not for pity, but to allow those who have been a large part of his life to know first hand that he is not doing well. Our family would like to thank those of you who have been a large part of Bill's life over the years.

Thanks
    Steve Hendren

Steve,

Very sad day to hear somthing like this. His knowledge was used like a bible. My deepest sympathies go to you and your family in this time of need.

Steve Davis

Man I hate to hear that. When I talked to Bill last week he sounded weak, but still managed to help me with the questions I had. Steve, we will keep Bill and the entire Hendren family in our prayers.

My family and I will keep your dad and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated and thanks for all the help you guys have offered.

Steve, Mike and the rest of the Hendren Family we here at Friese Racing will keep your dad and family in ort thoughts! While we are new to working with Hendren Racing your family has already been a GREAT help to us.

That is sad to hear, I've learned a great deal from the posts he has made, and am very thankful to him for answering a few of my questions that I had. I'll keep Bill in my thoughts and prayers, hope he gets well.

We will keep Bill and the rest of the family in our prayers.

I am sad to hear what your father and family are going through. Bill and his knowledge has helped me and 4m a great deal. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Hendren View Post
    As many of you know, this forum has been a favorite of my dad's for quite a few years. I'm extremely confident in the fact that most who have interacted with him on here have utilized much of the knowledge that he has so freely shared. My dad has always been about the racer, and he has always helped all who need his help. I'm extremely proud of the fact that Bill is my father, and I'm extremely lucky to be the son of such a brilliant man.

It's with a very heavy heart that I'm choosing to inform his friends here on 4M, that my father is in very bad health. As of today, our family, and my father, have chosen to have Hospice come to my parents home and assist with my fathers needs. I've chosen to post this, not for pity, but to allow those who have been a large part of his life to know first hand that he is not doing well. Our family would like to thank those of you who have been a large part of Bill's life over the years.

Thanks
    Steve Hendren
    Wow Im really sorry to hear that Steve. Having lost both my parents already and being only 38 I feel your pain. I dont know how those hospice workers do it, but they do a great job and are really there when needed...

I just emailed your dad two weeks ago to see if he had any cranks laying around or used pistons for a motor Im building...

Jeff

I am very sorry to hear this guys.

I know things have not been good for awhile now but I did and still do hope and pray that things will turn around for Dad.

With out a doubt he is an inspiration to me and I respect his knowledge.

When I was new to the crate world and without even knowing me or of me-------he guided me thru problems and situations.

his information has always been truthful and very helpful even to a competing engine shop.

I give him alot of the credit for my shops success in the crate world.

Hope he is back at the computer and phones soon.

Brad Hibbard

wounderd why he ant been on line in a while,..was hoping he was busy in the shop! bills helped me an many,many more racers with his vast knowledge of mans quest for horse power and bill is defantly one of a kind!! thoughts an prayers for freinds an family,..an may gods mercy bless you all..

Our thoughts and prayers will be with the Hendren family.

Never had any personal dealings with you guys except for the 4m....but always followed his posts and learned from them.

One thing is for sure......"When BILL HENDREN speaks (or posts)....people listen!

God's speed Mr Hendren!

Joe Dauderman

Thought and prayers from all us @ NDRA

Very sorry to hear, Both you, and your Dad, Steve have always been very informative.

Brian Gade

steve we know what you are going through having just lost my mom on the 17Th. the mother of doug sanders and the grandmother of big A anthony sanders. our thoughts and prayers or with you.

Steve,im sorry to hear this,i only corrosponded with your dad a few times and he was always eager to help with my sons engine issues.I just lost my dad last wednesday and its still awfull hard.let him know how much you love him,and remember the healthy days and good times......jc