Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Someone said Mayo got sent home for failed tire check.

Mayo did not get sent home for bad tires, another car had wrong tires but not Mayo. Mayo went home on his own, ask the track officials why...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Default Track made mistake on mayos time

for some reason the track had mayos time wrong and he was fast time and they said he was not and he was upset when the heat race started and he finished second things just got worst and he loaded up it sure had nothing to do with tires

I watched qualifying and I was sure I seen Mayo's time at 15.06 Not sure what happened there. Also noticed the 20 or so qualifiers got 1 complete warm up lap then the green and checkered. Then they started giving the green on the first crossing of the line. Not complaining just was a bit confusing. Great crowd in stands and the pits.

Mayo's first lap was announced and was on the scoreboard as a 15.06. I don't blame him for loading up and leaving...

Quote Originally Posted by drtracer15 View Post
    I watched qualifying and I was sure I seen Mayo's time at 15.06 Not sure what happened there. Also noticed the 20 or so qualifiers got 1 complete warm up lap then the green and checkered. Then they started giving the green on the first crossing of the line. Not complaining just was a bit confusing. Great crowd in stands and the pits.
    yeah i saw the time also, 15.06. was messed up for sure. wish mayo would have stayed and ran one lap, at least got start money.
    mind freak (chuck greer)

Yes the track made an error. However, there were no cars locked in! He didn't win his heat, he finished 2nd. Had the heat been ran first, he would have started 5th in the feature. I understand being mad but like stated below there was no pole award. The only difference it made was starting 5th vs 6th in the feature. I hate that he left because he had a good car.

This was posted on Midsouth Forums:
    The track made a human error in the score tower. I do not try to pass it off where there is any doubt. I have a picture of the clock with the 15.06.
    It is my opinion it was Billy's gain not loss. The pole paid nothing but bragging rights. The second heat winner started on the outside and that was a plus.
    I know how they feel been there and done that.

Jimmy Nowlin