Default holley 4412 vs quad 750cfm

which one do you think is better a holley 4412 or a 750 cfm quadajet

i ran my motor built to run with a 500 cfm 4412 ( the cam was built by bullit to run with my carb, vortec heads, and 355motor) but i ran 2 tracks one allowed qjets and the other 4412. i ran top 3 at both tracks. the 4412 was built by a guy named lightsy out of east mississippi.

a motor set up to run a 2 barell will run better than a qjet just slapped on a motor. opinions very but i like my 4412 unless i can get a double pumper or better.
    the most peacefull time is sitting in the staging lane strapped in helment on and waiting for the green light to move on track.

Default Get a holley if you can run a 750

Quadra-jet = quadra-junk

Ill disagree with the quadrajunk statement.

if you spend some time and tune the secondary air valve spring, the spring that puts tension on the secondary air valve, the carb will act like a vacumme secondary carb.

people really bash on the quadrajet, but its a GREAT street/drag carb. I HAVEN'T tried it on a circle application, but it really has potential if someone wants to spend some time on it!

Quote Originally Posted by roybeckett13j View Post
    Ill disagree with the quadrajunk statement.

if you spend some time and tune the secondary air valve spring, the spring that puts tension on the secondary air valve, the carb will act like a vacumme secondary carb.

people really bash on the quadrajet, but its a GREAT street/drag carb. I HAVEN'T tried it on a circle application, but it really has potential if someone wants to spend some time on it!
    Yep a good q jet for oval track is like a slick track carb, tons of throttle response and a lot of air. They are allowed here at one of the Nascar tracks I run now and then. I just run a large 4412 but the smaller motors run a q jet and run with my big cubes easily.

Just remember that a 4412 two barrel is flowed at a different water level as a four barrel when it is rated. So if you flow it at the same water level as a four barell is flowed it only flows 320 cfm! A bit different than 500 cfm isnt it! Yes Q-jets do need some work. Its all easy if you spend just a little bit of time with them.