Thread: Helmets

Default Helmets

I know everyone has their own opinions and they will vary greatly but I am looking for a new helmet to purchase and its not something u can really try on due to nobody having them in stock so what everyone wearing and what do u like and dislike ab it? Thinking ab the simpson speeway rx or the bandit

Most other simpson helmets should fit the same way. Id try one of those on first. Ive been told that Impact have a similiar fit also. Bell is totally different. Bieffe is too. The rest I dont know about. So if you have an Impact dealer close with a similiar style helmet, Id see how those work for you. I like the notched nose helmets myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelightning74 View Post
    I know everyone has their own opinions and they will vary greatly but I am looking for a new helmet to purchase and its not something u can really try on due to nobody having them in stock so what everyone wearing and what do u like and dislike ab it? Thinking ab the simpson speeway rx or the bandit
    Hi Whitelighting,

I have a Simpson RX myself and love it, but want to upgrade to a Speedway Shark myself.

If your in the market for an RX I'll sell you mine. Only wore one season, Gloss black, size 7 1/2, and includes 2 new shields(clear & smoked). No chips or scratches either, looks brand new.
    "Nobody remembers who finished second but the guy who finished second." - Bobby Unser

Ive been running G Force fresh air helmet but switched because of my new containment seat to a Impact carbon fiber fresh air helmet and I have to say the carbon fiber helmet is worth the money its overall 2.5 inches smaller and way way lighter which equals safer with less wt on your head.

Ive got a custom painted 14 night or so old G force fresh air helmet for sale. size large or 7.5 whichever method you go by. $250. helmet was 380 paint was 350.

I love my simpson RX. I am happy to use it every time I am riding my bike.

I havent had any problems with my simpson voyager I have. I'm a believer in you get what you pay for, i'd just steer clear of the cheapy helmets. And not to bash any brands, G-force makes a nice comfortable and affordable helmet, but had a friend lose his visor during a leaving-the-track incident. just my 2 cents.
    Just playin' in the clay